Author Topic: Players Over/Underrated on the Blog  (Read 6249 times)

Players Over/Underrated on the Blog
« on: August 28, 2009, 01:02:03 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Who are some of the players that you feel are over and underrated on this blog? I'll start with one of each, because the CB Draft and the Rondo #8 PG threads got me thinking about it. For starters, as Rebus can attest I feel Dwight Howard is wildly overrated on the blog, but also reading that Rondo PG thread and the All-Clutch Team stuff I can't help but think Baron Davis is REALLY underrated here. What do you guys think? Who else does CB have unhealthy crushes on, or disregard unfairly (like Mo Williams haha)?
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

Re: Players Over/Underrated on the Blog
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »

Offline Bhudda

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
Underrated's gotta be Perk.

I know he gets a ton of respect from Celtic fans and there really aren't many Perk haters out there (if any), but I just don't know that people realize how important he really is to this team.  I feel that the respect he gets is due to the fact that he is a big, strong guy who plays extremely hard and is willing to commit to the defensive end.  But IMO he is far more talented then people give him credit for.

He is one of the smartest big men in the league and has the perfect mentality (at such a young age) for a winning team.  Aside from KG, I feel that Perk is what really makes our defense so successful. People are sleeping on his offensive game as well though.  He's got some moves.  I hate it when people say he only scores because of easy buckets from KG and Rondo.  He has definitely got some skills on offense.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:26:13 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Underrated: Delonte West and Andre Miller  :)

Overrated: Yao ming, devin harris, Danny Granger, Gerald Green  ;)
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 01:30:12 PM »

• Don Chaney

Edgar, Danny Granger as overrated? How so?

I was thinking of him as an underrated player.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 01:32:29 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I know this will be a very unpopular position, and he is one of my favorite players, but I feel that Powe is over rated here.  People have been very upset that he wasn't given a guaranteed spot in our lineup this year despite his injury and despite the fact that we are seriously going after another championship.  I would have loved to have had him back only after he had rehabbed successfully.

My choice for most underratted has to be Perk.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 01:33:58 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Edgar, Danny Granger as overrated? How so?

I was thinking of him as an underrated player.

hes underrated by the league maybe media. Overrated on CB specially because his  fantasy effects. But of course he can be pierce v 2.0 and show me hes a winner later on his carrer
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 01:37:56 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I have been thinking it over, and I have changed my under rated player to Ray.  I still can't believe so many posters would think it is a good idea to trade Ray for....anyone!

You did say over/under rated on this blog, right?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 01:39:19 PM »

• Don Chaney
I know this will be a very unpopular position, and he is one of my favorite players, but I feel that Powe is over rated here.  People have been very upset that he wasn't given a guaranteed spot in our lineup this year despite his injury and despite the fact that we are seriously going after another championship.  I would have loved to have had him back only after he had rehabbed successfully.

My choice for most underratted has to be Perk.

I have to agree with both of these.

I have been thinking it over, and I have changed my under rated player to Ray.  I still can't believe so many posters would think it is a good idea to trade Ray for....anyone!

You did say over/under rated on this blog, right?

Yup, he's definitely in contention. "Trade Ray for Glen Rice or whoever, blah blah blah" I didn't like those either.

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 01:44:10 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3779
  • Yup
Honestly I think there are a lot of guys that fall under both categories on here.

And in fairness I think the most underrated player on this blog is hands down Kobe Bryant, just because we hate the guy so much and don't want to give him jack for credit.
Yup

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 02:11:18 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Underrated: Dwayne Wade, Tony Parker, Mo Williams, Pau Gasol, Deron Williams, Chris Bosh, Emeka Okafor, Gilbert Arenas, Boris Diaw, Josh Smith, Dirk, Jason Terry.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 02:11:31 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Honestly I think there are a lot of guys that fall under both categories on here.

And in fairness I think the most underrated player on this blog is hands down Kobe Bryant, just because we hate the guy so much and don't want to give him jack for credit.

Laker lover. ;D

I'm pretty sure Kobe's responsible for all the bad weather this summer too.  ;D

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 02:15:27 PM »

• Don Chaney
Underrated: Dwayne Wade, Tony Parker, Mo Williams, Pau Gasol, Deron Williams, Chris Bosh, Emeka Okafor, Gilbert Arenas, Boris Diaw, Josh Smith, Dirk, Jason Terry.

haha I was waiting for Mo Williams ;)

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 02:35:45 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I got to go with Perk and Rondo as underrated. I know they are both starting to get some respect but Perk does a better job defensively within 4 feet of the basket of any player in the league that I have watched and that includes D. Howard. I know Howard blocks more shots and can cover a much larger area more effectively but wihin 4 feet of the basket I will take Perk over any other player in the game!.

Rondo is also underrated, even by many fellow bloggers, sadly. I know the guy makes mistakes but look at what he does do. I mean, here is a guy who rebounds the ball, pushes it on the break and plays good D. Sure he doesnt shoot well but he will improve in that area. I have said this before and I will stick by my guns on it, I think Rondo will influece the outcome of Celtics games this year more then any other player. And, I dont just mean because he has the ball in his hands most of the time.

Other players include, Gasol who I would put in the underrated group. The guy looks kind of gangly but walks away with 25 and 15 in some big games. Kobe, in the overrated. I know he is great but, come on, he's not MJ as many people want to believe. I like the 'Birdman" in the underrated. He got a lot of coverage for his blocks but I still think he is better then he gets credit for.

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 02:49:38 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223

Laker lover. ;D

Kobel Warming!

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »

• Don Chaney

Laker lover. ;D

Kobel Warming!

TP haha