Author Topic: Iverson posts a short list of teams  (Read 8927 times)

Re: Iverson posts a short list of teams
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 02:21:30 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Iverson could be a big addition to the Bobcats if he accepts to be the sixth man, since he would bring some offense to the team's bench. Maybe Larry Brown, as his former coach, could keep A.I "in control". They could reach the playoffs.

Miami could be a good fit too, he would make the playoffs and play with a star in Wade, along with a good team.

But NY makes no sense, except for the jerseys sales and the arena attendance...

Also, I don't think Iverson would accept a limited role with a contender to win a title, but you can also argue that the contenders don't want to add Iverson to their team. I know it's a circle, but still, A.I isn't the only one to blame and I think people put all the blame on him for the Detroit fiasco while he wasn't the only culprit, by far.

IF he goes to Charlotte, it'll be because not only can he start, but because the offense will go through him.  I mean, I think Iverson's one of the most overrated player in the NBA's last twenty years, but who else is Charlotte going to run their offense through?  Gerald Wallace?  Felton?  Diaw?  They're all decent players, but this is arguably the team in the NBA that most needs a playmaker, even a flawed one like AI.

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 02:35:51 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Looks like he wants to be the big fish in a small pond.

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 03:11:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
Thank goodness Boston isn't on his list.
Ditto that.

Ditto squared

Ditto cubed.  :)

uhhhh...what comes after cubed?
To the fourth power. After cubed they don't have any short hand terms for exponents.

well then ditto that
I think that just blew my mind.

well....i think he just concurred to the 16th power.  ???
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
AI posting a "short list" of teams that are not contending for anything. Looks like he wants to be the big fish in a small pond.
True, but I think that's a function of AI not being an idiot. He doesn't have any contending teams on his list because the contenders don't want or need him. Perhaps it's a bit of a chicken and egg thing.

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Iverson is out of his mind. Charlotte is reportedly looking at resigning Felton now and have Augustin. New York already has Duhon and will probably resign Robinson and are looking at Sessions.

He's fishing and desperate.