Author Topic: Sheed commits to C's per globe!  (Read 21681 times)

Re: Sheed commits to C's per globe!
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2009, 08:54:28 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
Shot over to Tanquay's Tweet and he says that Strickland told him of the commitment and that Strickland will be on the 10:00 show...(Sports Sunday, I guess).

forgive my ignorance --- Strickland?

Bill Strickland, Sheed's agent.

from Comcast's site:

Bill Strickland, agent for Rasheed Wallace told me Rasheed has committed to Boston. Two years 5.9 million per year ehich is the mid level exception. Strickland said Rasheed did not bother to visit the other teams. The visit by Boston was all he and his wife, Fatima needed. Strickland joins me and Felger at 10P on Sports Sunday
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2009, 08:54:59 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I was always very confident about him coming here once we made the offer, I never felt threatened by the Spurs for some reason.

Good to see DA not being complacent like last summer, good to see the Big 3 getting involved in the recruiting and getting their man.

This is obviously a move that could blow up in our face, but with KG on the roster I truly don't see that happening.  He makes the frontcourt deeper, more talented, and more mean, all good things as far as I'm concerned.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2009, 08:55:14 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i would love to go right now and get powe for the cheap...stash him for the second half...swift could be a steal if he pans out....they need a wing...i prefer hill but would take parker or barnes

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »

Offline rondofan9

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Yesssssssssss This is Amazing Im So Darn Happy right now Sheed is a Beast Take That Lakers... ;D

« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2009, 08:56:56 PM »

Offline KevinGamble

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 26
  • MWMWMWMWMWMW
Here comes a TP waterfall for everyone on this page!!!

celebrate!!!!

Go Celts!
"You're skating on pretty thin ice around here, McGee!"
"Sounds like the ice's problem."

2 for the Show!
GO CELTS!

« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2009, 08:57:04 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
i would love to go right now and get powe for the cheap...stash him for the second half...swift cold be a steal if he pans out....they need a wing...i prefer hill but would take parker or barnes

I don't think the Celts need to rush to get Powe, he'll be available for awhile.  I'd rather see them address the 3-2-1 spots.  Powe, IMHE (estimation) will be on the market a very long time due to his surgery.

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2009, 08:57:43 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
In general terms of $$ and contracts this makes davis very expendable.  I am not knocking him but what pt will he get with this team now?  I know sign & trade deals are difficult but if I was danny I'd be looking at this.  Give me swift, scal andPOWE for the remaining bigs and I'm happy, use davis $ to go after grant hill or a good defensive vet pg.
side note : while sheed is not my favorite player I've always hated to play him, hits big shots and has a very good all around game (when he brings it)
If the owners are willing to pony up big bucks to also sign baby, I'm not complaining.

I think we should assume that none of our 3 bigs will play 82 games. I really don't care if Baby gets less minutes than he wants, so long as we have a rainy day fund.

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2009, 08:58:33 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
I am looking forward to a week of "Ok, now what's the next move" posts!

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2009, 08:59:02 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
Banner #18, here we come!!!!
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2009, 08:59:10 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i would love to go right now and get powe for the cheap...stash him for the second half...swift cold be a steal if he pans out....they need a wing...i prefer hill but would take parker or barnes

I don't think the Celts need to rush to get Powe, he'll be available for awhile.  I'd rather see them address the 3-2-1 spots.  Powe, IMHE (estimation) will be on the market a very long time due to his surgery.

i agree...the wing is the most important spot. i gotta think doc will have a big influence on grant hill..my question is who is after hill on the wishlist? parker? barnes?

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2009, 08:59:34 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
This is actually our first big FA signing since... geez. I can't even remember the last big FA signing.

Posey became a big pickup, but at the time, it wasn't considered that big a pickup.

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2009, 09:00:00 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Very very happy about this signing, get grant hill with the LLE. And then figure out if Marbury was posturing or not, because once we use both the exemptions, he has no reason to continue it.

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2009, 09:00:58 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I am looking forward to a week of "Ok, now what's the next move" posts!

Kinda like those years (they get more frequent as you get older) where Christmas just creeps up on you and all of a sudden its christmas! Yayyy!...then its not, and you realize 'that was it?'

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2009, 09:01:50 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown

i agree...the wing is the most important spot. i gotta think doc will have a big influence on grant hill..my question is who is after hill on the wishlist? parker? barnes?

If it's not Hill, one has to think that the next move will be a trade.

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2009, 09:03:14 PM »

Offline rondofan9

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Yea this is Seriously an early Christmas Present Hell its a Bday Present for me this signing Rules Now we Gotta get BBD Back Get Grant Hill Signed and get a PG and we are set..