Author Topic: Real Hip Hop! New Lupe!  (Read 14795 times)

Re: Real Hip Hop! New Lupe!
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2010, 02:33:26 PM »

Offline noro

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
  • Welcome to the Loud House
Ugh... there are a lot of Lupe fanboys on this site... 

I personally don't like his music and I do not and never will consider it "real" hip hop.

Says the guy with Rick Astley as his avatar...
2003 National Champions

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2010, 02:39:15 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Ugh... there are a lot of Lupe fanboys on this site... 

I personally don't like his music and I do not and never will consider it "real" hip hop.

Says the guy with Rick Astley as his avatar...

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2010, 02:43:16 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
im not a big lupe fan.  i appreciate his ability and style, but i just dont feel him.

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
im not a big lupe fan.  i appreciate his ability and style, but i just dont feel him.

Very well put. I am not a "fanboy" as someone else said even though I hate that word, but I do appreciate the fact that the guy has skill. For someone to write him off as "garbage" is just closed minded to me. Especially if you like other quality rap.

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2010, 04:06:26 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I find the whole real hip-hop stuff laughable. When people use terms like that I just interpret it as them being close minded. I listen to everything from Young Jeezy to Immortal Technique to Kid Cudi and Lupe and I categorize them all as hip-hop. The problem with Hip-hop is that it doesn't have sub-categories to place different styles under like Rock(pop, punk, grung, etc) for example. 90% of the time when people say "real hip-hop" they really mean "hip-hop I like". The whole "real hip-hop" stuff is all BS to me.

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2010, 04:16:46 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
I find the whole real hip-hop stuff laughable. When people use terms like that I just interpret it as them being close minded. I listen to everything from Young Jeezy to Immortal Technique to Kid Cudi and Lupe and I categorize them all as hip-hop. The problem with Hip-hop is that it doesn't have sub-categories to place different styles under like Rock(pop, punk, grung, etc) for example. 90% of the time when people say "real hip-hop" they really mean "hip-hop I like". The whole "real hip-hop" stuff is all BS to me.

I like it. Makes sense.

People say real hip hop when referring to hip hop that at least resembles the original boom bap sound of the 80's and 90's. I couldnt agree with you more. I would argue however that the music has evolved enough where there are enough sub categories now. We can definitely do away with the term "real" and replace it with classic or original or something else that doesnt make it seem like it is supremely better than other sub categories.

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2010, 05:28:44 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
The return of the Lupe Fiasco thread!

As far as what "real hip hop is"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3bFAdiVL2E

I'll side with my favorite rapper, Andre 3000.
Hip Hop is about cycles. Lupe is real, Kanye is real, Eminem is real, Lil Jon is real. Hip Hop is a very diverse style. You may not like one style of hip hop, but it's still hip hop.

Lupe is in my top 5 favorite hip hop artists. The guy only has 2 albums so far and he writes extremely intelligent lyrics that can take a long time to decipher. That, to me, is fun. He has a ton of good songs off of 2 albums and his songs aren't only lyrical. They're catchy too. He's the total package IMO.

« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2010, 07:46:47 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
probs my favorite lupe track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx5lXgqFewM

...just gettin' ready for the Celtics Pistons game...hopefully we win this one so we don't get anymore trolls (ie Lakers/Cavs fans) on this blog...Lupe goes hard!
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2010, 01:39:49 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
probs my favorite lupe track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx5lXgqFewM

...just gettin' ready for the Celtics Pistons game...hopefully we win this one so we don't get anymore trolls (ie Lakers/Cavs fans) on this blog...Lupe goes hard!

WOOOOOO!!!   Thanks for the post.  I really liked that.   TP

By the way  I saw REKS at the MIddle East a couple of weeks ago.  He is GOOD.  He kicked a free that was one of the best ive ever hears for sure.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2010, 02:19:42 PM »

Offline misterx2day

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Z4K_WWeBA&feature=fvw
Now this is awesome hip hop with a good message (yeah he took the beat from Kanye, but Lupes version is much better anyways).
"I don’t know what’s wrong with that girl." - Reggie Evans on Pau Gasol.

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2010, 02:32:36 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_E_QrGAXc

Couldn't help myself.

Edit..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JHbUuWzVNE

That isn't "pure" hip hop, but god I love that jam. POS has a show in Portland on Friday, I'm hyped for it.