Author Topic: Real Hip Hop! New Lupe!  (Read 14793 times)

Re: Real Hip Hop! New Lupe!
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 06:31:09 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Lupe is Garbage! but that Reks dude...pretty sick.
Garbage? are you kidding?

I agree.  Lupe is garbage.  If that's not a Kayne beat, it sure sounds like one.  I've heard nothing original from this guy.  Kayne is trash too.

Lupe, Nas, Game....saving hip hop?   Go listen to People Under the Stairs and DOOM and try again.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 06:32:12 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
And K'Naan is a K-Os ripoff
God bless and good night!

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 07:33:38 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'

Show me a song that is an example of K'naan ripping off K-Os or any other hip hop artist, I would genuinely love to see that...

K'naan is a refugee from Mogadeshu Africa, displaced during the genocide and diagnosed with PTSD.  Now I've heard K-Os, I don't need to tell you they have totally different backgrounds, and K'naan's aforementioned identity has a lot to do with his music.  If these two just remind you of each other than you should check how you throw around the "rip off" label, cause he sounds like no one else in the world to me.

That's just a bizarre statement to me :/

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 09:37:58 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Lupe is in my top 5 right now for favorite rap/hip hop artist.  B.o.B aka Bobby Ray is my favorite right now.  His mixtape he just dropped yesterday is awesome.  One of the best I've heard in a while. 

Agreed, he can do anything too.  Ghost in the machine is such a good song.  Lupe garbage?  Nothing original from this guy?  He's rapped about robots and skateboards, how is that not original?  The guy can rap about anything, but stays away from the unoriginal stuff of rapping about money, cars, hoes.
do it

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2009, 03:07:44 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE

Show me a song that is an example of K'naan ripping off K-Os or any other hip hop artist, I would genuinely love to see that...

K'naan is a refugee from Mogadeshu Africa, displaced during the genocide and diagnosed with PTSD.  Now I've heard K-Os, I don't need to tell you they have totally different backgrounds, and K'naan's aforementioned identity has a lot to do with his music.  If these two just remind you of each other than you should check how you throw around the "rip off" label, cause he sounds like no one else in the world to me.

That's just a bizarre statement to me :/

Agreed. Ever since the post you made and since you sent me all of that other material I have been listening to K'naan non stop.

Ever since Brick said that K'naan was a k-os ripoff I have been listening to a lot of k-os and the similarities just are not there at all for me.

I respect Brick James 100% as a poster on here but between that post and the post before (Lupe is garbage)... I dunno, those are just ridiculous statements. Agree to disagree I guess.

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2009, 10:28:28 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
If the world of music was right, Lupe would be KING!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udSlm-_RV6s
The song isn't even finished yet, genius.
Tp, MBz

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2009, 11:07:56 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2009, 11:21:41 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2009, 11:22:33 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

Tp, MBz

Amen, I don't think a lot of people really have listened to his stuff enough.  Like this song, I've heard people complain about him jumping on the autotune(not on this board) but yes he does hop on it, but he's making fun of it basically.  Unfortunately I think we are going to see Lupe get on the Talib Kweli level, as in he's really good, and better then a lot of the stuff on the radio, but will never get major radio play.
do it

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2009, 11:57:19 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Tp, MBz

Amen, I don't think a lot of people really have listened to his stuff enough.  Like this song, I've heard people complain about him jumping on the autotune(not on this board) but yes he does hop on it, but he's making fun of it basically.  Unfortunately I think we are going to see Lupe get on the Talib Kweli level, as in he's really good, and better then a lot of the stuff on the radio, but will never get major radio play.

The difference between Lupe & Talib is that Lupe actually sells albums. If he get more exposure Lupe will be KING! But I don't know if the big executives would allow it with singles like "Dumb it down". The autotune part was hilarious. Lupe was livid that his new single which actually is not the final version got leaked. He unleashed his anger on his blog. Here is a link

http://lupefiasco-lupend.blogspot.com/2009/06/lupes-comment-about-shining-down-leak.html

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 01:06:33 AM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Apparently he's majorly p---ed that this was leaked.

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 12:29:20 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'm Beaming-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5L_RwclEc0

What U Want-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0lIkHF2_zo

The leakage continues. I'm Beaming leaked in January, and What U Want leaked last Month. Both expected to be on Lasers.

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 12:51:17 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

I agree.  Lupe is garbage.  If that's not a Kayne beat, it sure sounds like one.  I've heard nothing original from this guy.  Kayne is trash too.

Lupe, Nas, Game....saving hip hop?   Go listen to People Under the Stairs and DOOM and try again.

How can you like PUTS and not like Lupe?

Theye arent that original either. They just make feel good classic sounding hip-hop that reminds me alot of the 90s.

Lupe has skills as a rapper and his beats make my head nod.

Im a bit of a Hip Hop snob myself but to say a guy like Lupe is garbage is just shutting your mind off to some really good music.

I would never say anything about someone's taste in music by the way. The fact that you say to listen to people under the stairs and not Lupe is pretty silly to me.

Of course the other guy you mentioned, the super MF villian...he's in a class all by himself but even he wasn't the first to flip his original style (it was Ghostface).

Edit: Wow this thread is old. I didnt even realize. Im not even sure Brickis around anymore.

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 12:58:24 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

Get off your high horse.  You've heard nothing original from Lupe?  Have you heard anything from Lupe?  He may have a weird style but he is one of the more original rappers to come out in years.  People under the Stairs are great, as is Doom.  But you gotta actually listen to Lupe's music if your going to say something like that.

The fact that you're comparing Lupe with The Game shows that your hip hop knowledge could use some work.

I guess I need to get off my high horse too.....
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 01:40:01 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Ugh... there are a lot of Lupe fanboys on this site... 

I personally don't like his music and I do not and never will consider it "real" hip hop.