Author Topic: Eminem - Relapse  (Read 13816 times)

Eminem - Relapse
« on: May 13, 2009, 08:15:31 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

New Eminem album. I think it's up there with his best work. Whether you like Hip-Hop or not, you have to respect Eminem. His wordplay, storytelling and talent is unparalleled. This album definitely does not let down fans.

Those who've heard it, thoughts?

Those who haven't, looking forward to it?

Re: Eminem - Relapse
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 08:28:10 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
i am an eminem fan. very talented and very clever. i will definitely have to pick up this cd (i am still one of those people who buys cd's)  ;D
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:41:52 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

New Eminem album. I think it's up there with his best work. Whether you like Hip-Hop or not, you have to respect Eminem. His wordplay, storytelling and talent is unparalleled. This album definitely does not let down fans.

I give it an 8/10.

Let's be real, he takes it back to the Shady LP with this album. One could do without the shock-rap, with tracks dedicated to raping and killing a hitch hiker and a step father son sexual relationship. Also, If you were looking for the reflective, hardship type Em you'll barely find it here. Only one mention of his fallen com padre PROOF in the entire album.

Overall, Not as good as the Marshall Mathers LP or Eminem Show but still a funny/clever album. I'm looking forward to Relapse 2 due out later this year.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 08:46:57 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

I give it an 8/10.

Let's be real, he takes it back to the Shady LP with this album. One could do without the shock-rap, with tracks dedicated to raping and killing a hitch hiker and a step father son sexual relationship. Also, If you were looking for the reflective, hardship type Em you'll barely find it here. Only one mention of his fallen com padre PROOF in the entire album.

Overall, Not as good as the Marshall Mathers LP or Eminem Show but still a funny/clever album. I'm looking forward to Relapse 2 due out later this year.

It's too early for me to say whether it's better or worse than previous albums (well, it's better than Encore) but I can say that I do like it a lot.

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 08:54:29 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
It's too early for me to say whether it's better or worse than previous albums (well, it's better than Encore) but I can say that I do like it a lot.

I like it more every time I hear it but I just don't see it surpassing those albums in my mind. How long have you had this album? Are you waiting to see if popular culture embraces it?

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 09:09:52 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

I like it more every time I hear it but I just don't see it surpassing those albums in my mind. How long have you had this album? Are you waiting to see if popular culture embraces it?

I got it on Sunday. I'm not bothered about popular culture. Mainstream music these days is terrible so I wouldn't take that into account.

I'm waiting to see if it has a lasting affect on me, similar to that of 808's and Heartbreak.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 08:15:19 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i really like this album. it isnt a classic, but it is good and reminiscent of his early stuff (which is also his best stuff)

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 08:29:09 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
I've heard some but I've heard that Relapse 2(released later this year) is gonna be much better. I'm personally excited for The Game's new album The R.E.D. coming fallish time haha

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i really like this album. it isnt a classic, but it is good and reminiscent of his early stuff (which is also his best stuff)

ok, i need to update this.  i listened to the entire album about 5 times now from start to finish.  this album is dope!!!  i highly recommend.  not a classic, but very refreshing from alot of the garbage that has come out the last couple yrs

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 06:37:50 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

ok, i need to update this.  i listened to the entire album about 5 times now from start to finish.  this album is dope!!!  i highly recommend.  not a classic, but very refreshing from alot of the garbage that has come out the last couple yrs

Agreed. It's the best hip-hop album for some time. That's if you don't class "808's & Heartbreak" as hip-hop.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 07:07:53 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Not even the best album that came out yesterday.  Blackout! 2 by Red and Meth is great, one of the first CDs I've heard in a while that I can put in and just listen to over and over.  Em's CD is solid, I like some of his stuff, some of the stupid songs I could do with out. 
do it

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 07:27:35 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
too many stupid songs and not a big fan of this new thing he does with his voice.  The lyrics resemble the old Em but the voice doesnt.  If he wants to find his old flow just rap I think hes tryin too hard.
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 07:55:21 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
does he use autotune?
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 08:12:20 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
does he use autotune?

No, but it's just that dumb voice he's used in the past.  Some of his songs are just dumb, I understand calling out someone to beef with, but Mariah Carey?  People say some of his lyrics are great, and they are, but some of his lyrics are so dumb.  I mean Mariah Carey, why do it?  It makes zero sense.
do it

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 08:25:35 PM »

Offline 44Thrilla

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 59
Well, he dated Mariah Carey, so it does make sense.