Author Topic: Bill Walker's Chance?  (Read 9621 times)

Re: Bill Walker's Chance?
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2009, 06:40:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Best move for tonight might be to fly Scal to Cleveland while he is still symptomatic.

Funny thing about the Cleveland series (when, not if it happens) is that the depth they have at the "4's and 5's that have the length and ability to kill the celtics on both ends of the floor" position scares me more than Lebron.

Its Big Z, Joe Smith, Andy, and Ben Wallace vs Kendrick Perkins and Baby Davis. Yikes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Best move for tonight might be to fly Scal to Cleveland while he is still symptomatic.

Funny thing about the Cleveland series (when, not if it happens) is that the depth they have at the "4's and 5's that have the length and ability to kill the celtics on both ends of the floor" position scares me more than Lebron.

Its Big Z, Joe Smith, Andy, and Ben Wallace vs Kendrick Perkins and Baby Davis. Yikes.
Oh, I have to do it...don't forget KG!

There...now no one else has to (don't necessarily believe this by the way).

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2009, 06:57:10 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Scal better not have brushed his teeth, just get that nasty puke break up all the Magic's noses.

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2009, 07:31:43 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Could not agree more. Very bad matchups.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2009, 07:43:39 PM »

Offline Coach

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 109
I smell a KG - Willis Reed moment

I  hope not.

I want to see a KG that can be effective and not just an on the court insperation.

At this point, on a 50% leg, he would be able to play 15 - 20 minutes, and provide 6 fouls.  This would be betther then Bill Walker...  of course, that is assuming he can't do any long term damage to the knee.  I'd forego this playoff run, for 3 more healthy years anytime.  I don't want another McHale..

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2009, 07:48:43 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I smell a KG - Willis Reed moment

I  hope not.

I want to see a KG that can be effective and not just an on the court insperation.

At this point, on a 50% leg, he would be able to play 15 - 20 minutes, and provide 6 fouls.  This would be betther then Bill Walker...  of course, that is assuming he can't do any long term damage to the knee.  I'd forego this playoff run, for 3 more healthy years anytime.  I don't want another McHale..

I would forego this run, as well. It isn't like Garnett's injury is all that ails this club. If it were up to me, he would have had the surgery by now - assuming that all the "done for the year" rhetoric is correct.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2009, 09:41:43 AM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
But honestly since you seem locked into your position that if Scal is out that Bill Walker should be our 4 off the bench I'm not sure how much weight I can give your opinion on this matter.

re-read my posts...the suggestion is not walker being our backup 4, but for walker to spell baby on Lewis if scal is not available, instead of Mikki....since lewis is actually a 3.

believe me, i stopped giving your opinions weight when you said

-house should be on Lewis

-lewis is a natural four

-KG and Lewis are similar 4's

i think you should have your keyboard confiscated for those statements

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2009, 10:00:16 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
But honestly since you seem locked into your position that if Scal is out that Bill Walker should be our 4 off the bench I'm not sure how much weight I can give your opinion on this matter.
re-read my posts...the suggestion is not walker being our backup 4, but for walker to spell baby on Lewis if scal is not available, instead of Mikki....since lewis is actually a 3.
If Walker were to have been inserted for BBD to guard Rashard he would de-facto be playing the 4, unless Orlando was going with a very big line up with two of the the three true bigs Gortat/Howard/Battie also on the floor.

believe me, i stopped giving your opinions weight when you said

-house should be on Lewis
I never said that. I said that if BBD was in foul trouble and Scal was out we would put Pierce on Rashard. Then we would guard Hedo with a SG, ideally Ray. But Doc did have House/Marbury on Hedo for a few short stretches in this sereis.

-lewis is a natural four

-KG and Lewis are similar 4's

i think you should have your keyboard confiscated for those statements
We clearly disagree on those two points, but you never addressed why KG and Rashard are all that different in style of game. You just said that jump shooting wasn't enough of a similarity. They are different. But neither is a traditional 4 by any means. KG played the 3 early in his career in Minnesota after all.

This is drifting off the topic though so if you want to continue it feel free to start a new thread.

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2009, 10:13:09 AM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9

again..re-read my man -

, but you never addressed why KG and Rashard are all that different in style of game. You just said that jump shooting wasn't enough of a similarity.

"Lewis can handle the ball much better (since he is a 3) and KG is 100x times the player on defense, and a far better rebounder (since he is a 4)"

you start a new topic if you somehow still think lewis and kg are similar PFs

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2009, 10:17:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

again..re-read my man -

, but you never addressed why KG and Rashard are all that different in style of game. You just said that jump shooting wasn't enough of a similarity.

"Lewis can handle the ball much better (since he is a 3) and KG is 100x times the player on defense, and a far better rebounder (since he is a 4)"

you start a new topic if you somehow still think lewis and kg are similar PFs
That's my mistake, I was at work yesterday and I made a longer post in response to this. Our work internet filter ate the post that laid out my counters. I forgot that it disappeared and thus you couldn't have responded too it as it never posted. I might start a thread when I get home.