Author Topic: Bill Walker's Chance?  (Read 9647 times)

Bill Walker's Chance?
« on: May 12, 2009, 02:26:03 PM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
I think scal plays...b/c players with the flu usually do.

However, if he sits...do you think there's any chance Bill Walker gets some time against Lewis. Although, 6'10, Lewis is really more of a 3 than a 4...and Mikki is too slow to stay in front of him.

Not to mention, if we play cleveland..it would be nice to have a forward beside Pierce to throw at Lebron for a few minutes a night...

Re: Bill Walker's Chance?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1823
Before Walker, I think Doc will either go small with Pierce at the 4 and TA at the 3. Or go with Mikki. I think Walker's chance is behind these two options.

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 02:35:03 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Bill Walker wouldn't have a chance of cracking the rotation in the playoffs if he owned an adorable dog who was voiced by Michael J Fox that went on an epic journey across the country accompanied by an older dog named Shadow and a sassy Cat named...Sassy.

Sorry, I saw the word chance and I couldn't resist.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 02:35:55 PM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
you may be right...but tony allen is way to small at 6 4 to guard Hedu at 6 10

We are going to have this issue with Lebron...TA is a small 2...so he cant guard big 3s like Lebron, Hedo, etc and someone has to spell pierce...

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 02:42:12 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Bill Walker wouldn't have a chance of cracking the rotation in the playoffs if he owned an adorable dog who was voiced by Michael J Fox that went on an epic journey across the country accompanied by an older dog named Shadow and a sassy Cat named...Sassy.

I can't give you a second TP for a random homeward bound reference this soon, remind me later lol
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I can't give you a second TP for a random homeward bound reference this soon, remind me later lol

There just arent enough I feel like. Now if only the thread title had been "Bill Walker's Milo And Otis"....well then I'd really be cookin with napalm.

EDIT: To answer the original post though, I don't think this is Bill Walker's chance..weirdly enough from the way Doc has treated youngins (besides BBD) since the arrival of the big three, I don't see how he just miraculously starts to trust Bill Walker with playoff minutes. You get the feeling he'd rather have a proven guy like House or even Mikki Moore playing defense on Turk or Lewis than give Walker the chance to mess up possibly.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 03:03:19 PM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 03:14:22 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
hes more of a 2 than a three or four. skip bayless on ESPN first and ten used to always call KG (Kevin Gar-NOT) because he was a PF playing like a SG. well KG's not luke that but rashard is the perfect example.

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 03:19:36 PM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
House or even Mikki Moore playing defense on Turk or Lewis than give Walker the chance to mess up possibly.

Not to belabor the point, but you cant put House on Lewis or Hedu...I dont care how experienced you are, you cant guard a shooter with a 9 inch height advantage. They could shoot over house without even seeing the top of his head.

The point here is we have no backup 3 (other than scal) except Bill Walker, and if players get into foul trouble, he could see a few mins.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Before Walker, I think Doc will either go small with Pierce at the 4 and TA at the 3. Or go with Mikki. I think Walker's chance is behind these two options.

No. No. No. No. No.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 03:25:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
House or even Mikki Moore playing defense on Turk or Lewis than give Walker the chance to mess up possibly.

Not to belabor the point, but you cant put House on Lewis or Hedu...I dont care how experienced you are, you cant guard a shooter with a 9 inch height advantage. They could shoot over house without even seeing the top of his head.

The point here is we have no backup 3 (other than scal) except Bill Walker, and if players get into foul trouble, he could see a few mins.

I agree with you that its ridiculous to have house on those guys...my point was no matter how ridiculous it is to us, it seems mighty realistic if you look at Doc's history in the playoffs.

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
There is no chance at all that WSalker gets run. None. Currently he is the 11th or 12th man. There is no way Doc goes to him, Allen, or Pruitt unless 3-4 players in front of them foul out or one team or the other is leading by 20 points or more with less than 3 minutes remaining.

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 03:32:44 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I doubt he'll play. And if he does, could you imagine the crowd cheering after a bill walker dunk. Just like a house 3, crowd will go crazy if they see a tomahawk dunk by billy

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 03:39:20 PM »

Offline Ed Teach

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 8
I actually think that he may get PT if Scal is unable to go.
Moore was so bad in game 4, he looked lost most of the time, that Walker may get some of Moore's min. 

I agree that Doc won't play Walker for extended PT, but in limited mins How much worse could it be??  I esspecially see this as possible if we have somewhat of a lead when the 2nd unit is in.  If Walker plays it will be to chew up min and provide some hustle plays, as long as Lewis doesn't just go off then he will achieve the goal.

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 03:44:58 PM »

Offline KeepBigAl

• Joe Mazzulla
Currently he is the 11th or 12th man.

So, if were saying scal is out, that assumes

-Rondo
-Marbury
-House
-Allen
-TAllen
-Pierce
-Davis
-Mikki
-Perkins

as 9 players ahead of him in the rotation. The only bench players "semi-capable" of guarding Lewis -

Mikki
TAllen
Bill Walker

Mikki is to slow and may have to play bigger guys, tony allen is too small, so I'll take my chances with Sky Walker.

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 03:46:28 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Currently he is the 11th or 12th man.

So, if were saying scal is out, that assumes

-Rondo
-Marbury
-House
-Allen
-TAllen
-Pierce
-Davis
-Mikki
-Perkins

as 9 players ahead of him in the rotation. The only bench players "semi-capable" of guarding Lewis -

Mikki
TAllen
Bill Walker

Mikki is to slow and may have to play bigger guys, tony allen is too small, so I'll take my chances with Sky Walker.
He'd get a foul a minute. Not to mention he'd be a liability in any offensive situation that wasn't transition.