Author Topic: What's up with the huge lump on LeBron's jaw? (Merged)  (Read 35952 times)

LeBron James - Benign Growth Removed
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2009, 12:00:07 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Let the speculation and rumors begin:

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Re: What's up with the huge lump on LeBron's jaw?
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2009, 12:09:27 PM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Lebron James, ball player. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic basketball player. Lebron James will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster, and with a reliable 18 foot jump shot .

Re: What's up with the huge lump on LeBron's jaw?
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2009, 12:12:06 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
If it is PED related Stern won't shoot his golden goose, but people who think LeBron is actually naturally built like that are silly.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

Re: Lebron Surgery
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but you guys were talking about how his face looked swollen on one side.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4226010
Makes sense. I wonder what causes this sort of growth, and how common it is.

Three letters: H-G-H
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but you guys were talking about how his face looked swollen on one side.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4226010
Makes sense. I wonder what causes this sort of growth, and how common it is.

Three letters: H-G-H
Any articles from a medical source to back that up?

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2009, 01:24:12 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2742
maybe stern knew it was roids related and that's why the fix wasn't in for the cavs this year, he went to plan B, Dwight Howard. Say what you want about Kobe (and I hate him with a passion) but at least there is very little chance if any that he has ever taken steroids

Re: What's up with the huge lump on LeBron's jaw? (Merged)
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
What might cause this "oversecretion of growth hormones??????"

acromegaly
[ak′rəmeg′əlē]
Etymology: Gk, akron + megas, great
a chronic metabolic condition in adults caused by oversecretion of growth hormones by the pituitary gland. It is characterized by gradual, marked soft tissue enlargement and widening and thickening of skeletal bones in the face, jaw, hands, and feet. Hypertrophy of the vocal cords leads to deepening of the voice. Complications from increased growth hormone levels include atherosclerosis, peripheral neuropathy, hypertension, hyperglycemia, airway obstruction, cardiomyopathy, and visceromegaly involving the salivary glands, liver, spleen, and kidneys. Treatment normally includes radiation, pharmacologic agents, or surgery, often involving partial resection of the pituitary gland. Also called acromegalia. Compare gigantism. acromegalic, adj.
Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition. © 2009, Elsevier.

« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2009, 05:51:10 PM »

Offline waltzero

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Acromegaly...like Andre the Giant?

Can you really have that and still be extremely healthy and durable? And wouldn't that be something everyone knew about Lebron?

« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2009, 06:00:15 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Side-Effects of Human Growth Hormone

The side-effects are considered relatively mild, but can be very serious especially in cases of overuse. Inflated levels of hGH in adults can cause acromegaly, a disease characterized by excessive growth of the head, feet and hands. The lips, nose, tongue, jaw and forehead increase in size and the fingers and toes widen and become spade-like. The organs and digestive system may also increase in size, which may eventually cause heart failure. Excessive hGH in adults may also lead to diabetes.

From:  http://thesteroidera.blogspot.com/2006/10/human-growth-hormone-hgh-history-side.html

« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2009, 09:25:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm surprised more about this hasn't been made in the national outlets.

Enlarge salivary glands?!?! On a person with a huge dome and outrageously muscular body structure?!?!?!

And no one is questioning anything?!?!?!

If I was a reporter, I'd be combing through every gym in the Akron and surrounding communities as well as paying off every large sized athlete to see where they get their PEDs. I would follow that up and try to find anyone who would implicate this guy and then call him out on the carpet. There has to be people at St. Vincent-St Mary that have similar connections that LeBron made and where someone would talk regarding the subject. He can't be beloved by all in the area.

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2009, 11:04:49 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Thanks Nickagneta!!  Are we really the only two concerned about this??

« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Thanks Nickagneta!!  Are we really the only two concerned about this??
I don't know but given the fact that he can make himself unavailable for post game press conferences in the playoffs and not get fined, points to the fact that he has special treatment privileges in the league. If any other player, and yes, that includes Kobe, were to do the same thing they would be missing $10,000 and the team would be short $25,000. Heck San Antonio was fined $50,000 for not making their players available during a media day a year or so back.

But the league has never been big on exploring the use of PEDs and never will. Especially if the culprits are stars that the NBA is banking on for huge money in the future.

But if I were a reporter who wanted to make a name for myself, I would delve into this story and not come out until it was conclusively proven to me that he never did anything.