Author Topic: The crowd NEEDS to bring it tonight.  (Read 9646 times)

Re: The crowd NEEDS to bring it tonight.
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
its tough to maintain a loud, chaotic atmosphere when ur down by 28 point at one point and playing crappy for most of the game

That's a valid point.  But it was quiet from the start.  Maybe a fired up crowd would have helped pull them out of their flat start (the first quarter was mostly even, it didn't get out of hand until the second).  Besides, when they're down is when they need the crowd the most. 

i agree, which is why i have done my part every game

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 11:59:51 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Was at the magic Game last night, and I just have to say...there were a LOT of people there who make more noise screaming for a T shirt than screaming for the team.  Yes, it got noisy in the last few minutes, but it was never overwhelmingly loud (except at one point in the last three minutes where the "de-fense" chants got loud enough to drown out the piped in thumps from the jumbotron).  A second round playoff game should be so loud you can't hear yourself even when you're cheering as loud as you can....

I tried real hard to get a "You're not Perkins (clap clap clap-clap-clap)" chant going whenever Dwight got to the free throw line, but couldn't get more than a few rows to join in...and some of the officiating made me *WANT* to start a "Who's your bookie" chant, but I figured I'd let it be...

This is the problem with most pro sports crowds these days. It drives me crazy to see so many people who are more interested in seeing themselves on the jumbotron than in who is winning the game. The in-game entertainment makes me sick. You never really even have a chance to get a chant going because there is constantly music being played. UGH.

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2009, 12:46:39 AM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free
Was at the magic Game last night, and I just have to say...there were a LOT of people there who make more noise screaming for a T shirt than screaming for the team.  Yes, it got noisy in the last few minutes, but it was never overwhelmingly loud (except at one point in the last three minutes where the "de-fense" chants got loud enough to drown out the piped in thumps from the jumbotron).  A second round playoff game should be so loud you can't hear yourself even when you're cheering as loud as you can....

I tried real hard to get a "You're not Perkins (clap clap clap-clap-clap)" chant going whenever Dwight got to the free throw line, but couldn't get more than a few rows to join in...and some of the officiating made me *WANT* to start a "Who's your bookie" chant, but I figured I'd let it be...

its tough to maintain a loud, chaotic atmosphere when ur down by 28 point at one point and playing crappy for most of the game

It wasn't just last night.  I was at game 7 and the crowd was pathetic.  Barely worthy of a good regular season crowd.