Author Topic: Clippers (17-52) at Celtics (53-18) 3/23  (Read 53170 times)

Re: Clippers (17-52) at Celtics (53-18) 3/23
« Reply #285 on: March 24, 2009, 03:09:38 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Even after a win, people will find something to complain about. Its disgusting.

No kidding, like I said in the MVP topic, despite all our woes, we were able to hold the Clippers to 80- (80 or under) points, something we've now only done in 12 games this season, thus far.

I mean, sure, people are criticizing the offensive game for the C's, but everyone was missing. Pierce was only 3-7 for 9 points last night.

So we play like crap out there and we are supposed to come on and say "great job boys" and never comment on anything else?! You can live in a dreamland if you want to, but I want to win a championship.

This is the kind of thinking that got us full of ourselves when we were on that big winning streak where we were barely winning games we should have blown them out. It does no good to pretend we are better than we are. Paul may have had an off night offensively, but he was playing very well at every other level. BBD was terrible on both ends. He has to stop trying to do things he can't do.

Asking BBD to not try and put the layup up when he's no more than 3 feet away from the basket is like asking Rondo (or Marbury) to not put up the jumper when they're open. You said the stats prove BBD's not good around the hoop; can you link me to them?

Either way, I easily recognize we could've played a lot better this game, especially on finishing shots. The Celtics were sloppy in the key overall, not just BBD, and I'm not in love with you saying that just because it's supposedly "not his game", you only call out BBD, and say that he shouldn't try a layup that's 2 or 3 feet away, especially if he's supposedly capable of an 18-foot jumper.

Again, please pull out the stats that prove BBD just can't do layups, and maybe submit them to Doc.  ::)

Re: Clippers (17-52) at Celtics (53-18) 3/23
« Reply #286 on: March 24, 2009, 03:12:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Even after a win, people will find something to complain about. Its disgusting.

No kidding, like I said in the MVP topic, despite all our woes, we were able to hold the Clippers to 80- (80 or under) points, something we've now only done in 12 games this season, thus far.

I mean, sure, people are criticizing the offensive game for the C's, but everyone was missing. Pierce was only 3-7 for 9 points last night.

So we play like crap out there and we are supposed to come on and say "great job boys" and never comment on anything else?! You can live in a dreamland if you want to, but I want to win a championship.

This is the kind of thinking that got us full of ourselves when we were on that big winning streak where we were barely winning games we should have blown them out. It does no good to pretend we are better than we are. Paul may have had an off night offensively, but he was playing very well at every other level. BBD was terrible on both ends. He has to stop trying to do things he can't do.

Asking BBD to not try and put the layup up when he's no more than 3 feet away from the basket is like asking Rondo (or Marbury) to not put up the jumper when they're open. You said the stats prove BBD's not good around the hoop; can you link me to them?

also EJ, you act like this is a common thign for BBD yet i haven't seen you post about him any other game threads since his last really bad game which was months ago.

BBD has been playing really, really well for about 2 months now, as has leon. I can't help but notice its only after a stinker of the game for the whole team that you go off in 3 threads about davis  ;)

also, BBD is a pretty good finsher around the rim if you look at his shot chart. leon is better, but baby's no slouch.

both of them are good, thats why it stinks to have leon out so much. despite the abject need some have to "pick a side" i pick winning, and for that we need them both.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion