Author Topic: Heroes (TV Show)  (Read 20621 times)

Heroes (TV Show)
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:34:41 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Post thoughts on Heroes here, but don't just criticize the writing.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Heroes (TV Show)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Looking forward to the Heroes reboot, but not really digging the Nathan's political storyline.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 10:13:55 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Time to get back to what works, a comic book that has a touch of soap opera and not what it has been, a soap opera with a tough of comic book.

And please, can the characters with the best abilities finally become effective? 

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 10:55:58 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Shawn Ryan is back, and he'll steer this show in the right direction. I think he got back into the show about 4 episodes in after the Fugitive started. From what I hear, it starts good, then it goes back to some of their former problems, but Shawn came to fix them up.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:08:46 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I'm just glad Sylar is bad again.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 12:27:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Here's my take on Heroes.

When it first came out there was a bunch of hype about how amazing this series was going to be.  I watched the very first episode on the night in aired...  I came away thinking, "this is overhyped garbage" and didn't bother watching any more of it. 

Then ever since I keep hearing from people about how amazing Heroes is and how I should watch Heroes and how Heroes is the best show on TV...

So I figured maybe it was just the first episode that was boring.  Last month I plowed through the entire series.  Every episode in a couple weeks.   My final analysis:  It's overhyped garbage.   X-Men meets Smallville.  It's a dumb show.  Very corny.  Very pointless.  Waste of time.  But I guess I'm committed now so I 'll keep on watching until they cancel that crapfest.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 12:32:49 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

When it first came out there was a bunch of hype about how amazing this series was going to be.  I watched the very first episode on the night in aired...  I came away thinking, "this is overhyped garbage" and didn't bother watching any more of it. 

Then ever since I keep hearing from people about how amazing Heroes is and how I should watch Heroes and how Heroes is the best show on TV...

So I figured maybe it was just the first episode that was boring.  Last month I plowed through the entire series.  Every episode in a couple weeks.   My final analysis:  It's overhyped garbage.   X-Men meets Smallville.  It's a dumb show.  Very corny.  Very pointless.  Waste of time.  But I guess I'm committed now so I 'll keep on watching until they cancel that crapfest.

I thought the first season was great, the second pretty much sucked, the third is much better so far, but yeah, I'm too deep now to back out.

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I thought the first season was great, the second pretty much sucked, the third is much better so far, but yeah, I'm too deep now to back out.

I was going to joke that the show jumped the shark when they finally showed Sylar's face.

I mean... the show has some entertaining parts.  It's watchable.  The way they revisit previous things that have already happened from a different perspective is pretty cool (but I've since started watching "LOST" and they seem to do it a lot better in that show).   And the cheerleader is hot...

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 06:01:32 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
OBSESSED with the first two seasons, gave up watching this year after 2 episodes.

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 08:38:22 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
OBSESSED with the first two seasons, gave up watching this year after 2 episodes.
You're weak!

Anyways, Heroes returns tonight. Here are some promos to get you guys back into it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoN5IP8pruk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXslqI_V5Zc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pali-LUGp8

There are also some webisodes if you're interested:
http://www.hulu.com/heroes

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 09:45:21 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
 Does Hiro have his powers back? If so, are they going to explain how?

Also, if they gather all these people with powers and throw them on the same plane, would they be stupid enough to throw Peter on there? I know they are going to want to re-power him fast so he can battle Syler.

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 10:14:03 AM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
I might start to watch it just because of the 3 million ads they showed during the Super Bowl.
UBUNTU

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 10:14:55 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Also, if they gather all these people with powers and throw them on the same plane, would they be stupid enough to throw Peter on there? I know they are going to want to re-power him fast so he can battle Syler.

If he gets his powers back, of course they're going to explain it. Yeah, I didn't think of Peter getting his powers that way, but the people need to use the powers in order for him to mimic them right? So just being in proximity doesn't do much.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 10:34:27 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

If he gets his powers back, of course they're going to explain it. Yeah, I didn't think of Peter getting his powers that way, but the people need to use the powers in order for him to mimic them right? So just being in proximity doesn't do much.

Just has to be near them.  Like at the end of the 3rd chapter.  He injected himself and could fly right away even though his brother wasn't flying.

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 11:09:33 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Just has to be near them.  Like at the end of the 3rd chapter.  He injected himself and could fly right away even though his brother wasn't flying.

That might have simply been a manifestation of the injection. Since the series began he needed to be close to the power being used, like he couldn't just walk up to Sylar and get his powers (remember when he went to the future and he had to force Sylar to use it?).