Author Topic: Heroes (TV Show)  (Read 20504 times)

Re: Heroes (TV Show)
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2009, 11:00:27 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Anyone find it funny that Peter was worried about falling out a plane when he can already fly? 

p.s.  They changed his power.  Now he has to touch the other person. 
My only explanation for the why he was worried about falling out of the plane was because he was attempting to save other people.

I was certainly confused by him now having to touch people. My only explanation is that they were unconscious so he needed to touch them because they weren't projecting their powers for him to take.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 09:57:34 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Another explanation could be, is Peter keeping all the powers he's absorbing? Or can he only use the latest one he has absorbed? I'd have to rewatch again, but it might be something worth considering.

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 11:28:09 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Another explanation could be, is Peter keeping all the powers he's absorbing? Or can he only use the latest one he has absorbed? I'd have to rewatch again, but it might be something worth considering.

I though about that to.  I would guess that the shot changed his powers except he was able to fly without touching his brother.

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 11:38:23 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I've only watched the first two season. I had high hopes and really liked the first two seasons for the most part.

However, 99% of the time I lose interest once Time Travel becomes a major part of a story. Time Travel plots are never satisfactory; too many questions and never any real satisfying answers.

Second, I really don't like it when story lines are drawn out beyond their natural life cycle. I feel like Silar or whatever (forget his name) should have already been killed. Done and gone. It's too preposterous that he's still kicking around; it makes the story feel too artificial, like when a sitcom drags on for 2 years after the story has reached it's natural climax. Part of telling a good story is letting the story tell itself and let it unfold naturally; I think that forcing Silar to stay alive is a writing decision that doesn't fit with how the story was telling itself.

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 11:45:07 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I've only watched the first two season. I had high hopes and really liked the first two seasons for the most part.

However, 99% of the time I lose interest once Time Travel becomes a major part of a story. Time Travel plots are never satisfactory; too many questions and never any real satisfying answers.

Second, I really don't like it when story lines are drawn out beyond their natural life cycle. I feel like Silar or whatever (forget his name) should have already been killed. Done and gone. It's too preposterous that he's still kicking around; it makes the story feel too artificial, like when a sitcom drags on for 2 years after the story has reached it's natural climax. Part of telling a good story is letting the story tell itself and let it unfold naturally; I think that forcing Silar to stay alive is a writing decision that doesn't fit with how the story was telling itself.

The only problem is he is the only competent person with Powers.  Every other "hero" was taken with little or no problem.  Syler cleaned the task forces clocks.

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 11:52:17 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I though about that to.  I would guess that the shot changed his powers except he was able to fly without touching his brother.

Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure he was touching him. Hard to say when was it specifically that he started flying, since I didn't see him leave his feet until he had his brother in his arms.

I myself hope that his powers are the same as always, and that he simply found a new way to steal powers like his father.

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 12:13:23 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

The only problem is he is the only competent person with Powers.  Every other "hero" was taken with little or no problem.  Syler cleaned the task forces clocks.

I don't mind Sylar still being alive, I mind that he hasn't gone away for a while. All great Super Villains dissapear fro a while, if for no other reason then it gives the Heroes a chance to fight new adversaries. Sylar's constant presence is holding the show back a little.

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 12:54:13 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
this show deserves a razzie. i swear you can put just about anything on abc,nbc,cbs  between 8 and 10 and people will think the  show is great. this show is a mess. horrible writing,plot holes galore. this was an awesome concept that they just ruined in my opinion. i think the show would have been pretty darn good if they ended it after season 1. i would have liked the ending if the bro carried him off to die together.

It really really is a stupid show that pretends to be smart.   It's certifiable garbage.   It's just mindless entertainment and some of the fans honestly believe it's a "deep" show because of some of silly little psychobabble rants that the shows start with. 

I know that Hiro apparently doesn't have his powers right now (for what reason, I don't even remember), but when he did have the ability to time travel... he sure used it in moronic ways.   For example... couldn't he have just gone back and killed Silar while he was still fixing watches?  It's just a silly show.   Bad comicbook characters without costumes.

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 12:57:19 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I don't mind Sylar still being alive, I mind that he hasn't gone away for a while. All great Super Villains dissapear fro a while, if for no other reason then it gives the Heroes a chance to fight new adversaries. Sylar's constant presence is holding the show back a little.

yeah, but they basically turned Sylar face.  He's not the villain anymore.  The villain is now Nathan since his heel turn.  I think Vince McMahon is probably writing the show these days.

No worries... things will pick up now that they've crashed on the island from "LOST"...

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 01:03:44 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

yeah, but they basically turned Sylar face.  He's not the villain anymore.  The villain is now Nathan since his heel turn.  I think Vince McMahon is probably writing the show these days.

No worries... things will pick up now that they've crashed on the island from "LOST"...

Hiro is Jacob.

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2009, 09:45:59 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I get the feeling Silar is going to be the Magneto to Peters professor X.

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2009, 10:33:27 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Just watched the latest episode, and I didn't enjoy it. The storyline seems good, but the excution in this episode was quite bad. Hopefully things will flow better and more natural next week.

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2009, 02:20:27 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Just watched the latest episode, and I didn't enjoy it. The storyline seems good, but the excution in this episode was quite bad. Hopefully things will flow better and more natural next week.

They seem to be reshuffling everything right now. Slowing bumping off all the new character from the last season and a half.  Looking to put a sword in Hiro's hand again. 

With that said, Parkman finally used his power closer to it's potential.  He could have just walked everyone out of there by making all the people looking for them unable to see them. 

And is anyone else getting a little sick of the repetitiveness of the daughter/father angst? 

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

They seem to be reshuffling everything right now. Slowing bumping off all the new character from the last season and a half.  Looking to put a sword in Hiro's hand again. 

With that said, Parkman finally used his power closer to it's potential.  He could have just walked everyone out of there by making all the people looking for them unable to see them. 

And is anyone else getting a little sick of the repetitiveness of the daughter/father angst? 

Definitely, I have had enough of Claire Bear and Bennett. As for Parkman using his powers correctly, it was interesting, but no one on this show uses their powers intelligently. Essentially when Peter had all his powers he should have been invincible, but somehow people were able to one up him.

I liked this weeks episode very much, I thought it was an interesting new direction. The problem I am having with the show more and more is that I was an avid reader of the X-Men comic books, and apparently so were the writers of this show. A great deal of the plot lines and topics they delve into are taken directly from the X-Men, in particular the new Nathan as the betrayer and cataloguer of people with powers, hiding his powers all along.

I think the major flaw in Heroes is that there has been no point of direction since the first season. In the first season they had a time line, a series of events that needed to take place before a certain date, so there was a sense of imminent danger and tension. This has been missing, now it seems like the characters are just reacting to things rather than actually doing anything. And enough with giving every new character a power, if these people with abilities have always been around, there is no way it would have been kept a secret when everyone and their brother has an ability.

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2009, 03:06:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561
Peter wasn't one upped because of powers, he was one upped because he is a relatively sad man who always needs approval and because he wants to believe there is good in everyone.  And to be sure, the only people that really truly one upped him were Sylar and his father, two people who have multiple abilities like Peter had.  Now that he can only hold one power at a time it will be interesting to see what he does.

Sylar having a pseudo apprentice will be interesting, though I can't imagine they keep the kid around that long.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip