Author Topic: 24 (TV Show)  (Read 35912 times)

Re: 24 (TV Show)
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2009, 12:56:32 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
And seriously...  the President has to "think about it" regarding putting a good word in on Jack's behalf?  Why the heck wouldn't she just pardon him?

It'll be interesting to see what direction they go in now.  (And I still don't get why there's such animosity between Jack and Tony.)

Because Jack is all about the Good Ole USA...And Tony acted against it in the past.

I will be curious to see what happens next week, because to think that the bad guys would be able to get the president in the white house is fairly comical...so I will be curious to see how they do it.

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2009, 12:57:37 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Now that's what I'm talking about!

Enjoyed the episode thoroughly.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2009, 01:00:38 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
Okay...  Agent Walker officially sucks.  Jack has the right idea.  "Then quit".  I mean, seriously, that's some weak sauce, bursting into tears over some civilian she's known for two hours, when Jack just managed to save the entire free world.

Well, I can still find some redeeming qualities with Agent Walker....   ;)

Haha.  She's still whiny.

I don't mind her... it's a different complement to Jack than I ever remember seeing.  It's always been the tough-as-Jack-wannabe that tries to stand up to him and act like they know what they're doing.  Walker isn't pulling that garbage, she's just internally conflicted with some of the stuff she's had to go through... I can feel her I guess, even I was a seasoned field agent, going through the Bauer zone can shock you.

I also am thinking along the lines of Don here...  ;)

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2009, 01:02:14 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
And seriously...  the President has to "think about it" regarding putting a good word in on Jack's behalf?  Why the heck wouldn't she just pardon him?

It'll be interesting to see what direction they go in now.  (And I still don't get why there's such animosity between Jack and Tony.)

Yeah, seriously, although I'm not surprised.  They've been depicting her as the strict, by the book, diplomat type.... nothing is forgiven, blah blah blah.  But yeah, I'm with you... he's only saved the country, what... 8 times now?  Give the guy a break!

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2009, 04:11:44 AM »

Offline ReadyFor17

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • The shortest answer is doing the thing
Jack just handing the chip with the all the names to some random police officer to deliver to the FBI was hilarious. They clearly just needed to get the chip to the FBI HQ asap to get along with the mole storyline.

"Can you upload it to us here Jack?"
"No, too complicated. Wait a minute, I'll just give it to this cop and hope for the best."
"But man is not made for defeat. Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2009, 09:16:05 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Jack just handing the chip with the all the names to some random police officer to deliver to the FBI was hilarious. They clearly just needed to get the chip to the FBI HQ asap to get along with the mole storyline.

"No, too complicated. Wait a minute, I'll just give it to this cop and hope for the best."

I love how Jack threatens the paramedics and decides to give Dubuku some minor surgery on some sidewalk in DC. 

Someimes, I find myself thinking this tv show is turning into Commando: The TV Series with some of the ridiculousless of things.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2009, 09:23:38 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I love how Jack threatens the paramedics and decides to give Dubuku some minor surgery on some sidewalk in DC. 

Someimes, I find myself thinking this tv show is turning into Commando: The TV Series with some of the ridiculousless of things.

Yep, I thought the same thing as both of you.  He pulls a gun on a paramedic, and the paramedic immediately complies?  And his buddy doesn't say a word, even though they're putting a patient's life at risk?

And, Jack recovers the most important piece of evidence in literally the entire world, and he hands it off to some random cop in a helicopter?  Huh.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2009, 10:04:18 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

Yep, I thought the same thing as both of you.  He pulls a gun on a paramedic, and the paramedic immediately complies?  And his buddy doesn't say a word, even though they're putting a patient's life at risk?

And, Jack recovers the most important piece of evidence in literally the entire world, and he hands it off to some random cop in a helicopter?  Huh.

yea, in past seasons he would have just taken the helicopter and flown the chip there himself.  I mean, the chip was easily worth more attention then the wounded Dubaku. 

The show remains entertaining, but this is the third season in a row I have said will be my last.  The show just isnt creative enough.  I am sick of the same old, their is a mole.  mole gets caught.  there is a second mole.  mole gets caught.  they need to do something creative and different rather then the same tired, recycled script.

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2009, 12:05:44 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
You have to be kidding me!!!!

It was 2 hours tonight, starting an hour early?!?!?

I had no idea... RATSSS!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2009, 07:17:21 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Entertaining episodes last night, for sure.  Apparently, it is ridiculously easy to break into the White House, and the Secret Service is utterly incompetent.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2009, 07:44:35 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Entertaining episodes last night, for sure.  Apparently, it is ridiculously easy to break into the White House, and the Secret Service is utterly incompetent.
Suspension of disbelief is one thing, but the whole taking over the White House was ridiculous. Apparently the same people who handled CTU security got promoted to the Secret Service after it was shut down.....

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2009, 08:44:54 AM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I hope the real white house invests in some guards to watch some of those cameras in the white house.  And some lock down doors and controls might be useful too...

I didnt know the show started an hour early either.  Figures, the one 1 night i didnt dvr it.  Anyone know when the new episodes are posted online?

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2009, 09:46:02 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
I hope the real white house invests in some guards to watch some of those cameras in the white house.  And some lock down doors and controls might be useful too...

I didnt know the show started an hour early either.  Figures, the one 1 night i didnt dvr it.  Anyone know when the new episodes are posted online?

I know you can download an episode from Amazon.com the next day (so probably this morning) for $1.99.  It's probably available in other outlets, as well.

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2009, 09:41:37 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

I am sure there are a TORRENT of episodes out there somewhere  ;D
Not that I am suggesting anything improper...

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2009, 09:43:34 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Suspension of disbelief is one thing, but the whole taking over the White House was ridiculous. Apparently the same people who handled CTU security got promoted to the Secret Service after it was shut down.....

This has been my biggest problem with the show...and the reason each year I say I wont watch the next season. 

the recent episode was entertaining, but the fact that it was so unbelievable kind of ruins the show.  very disappointing to be sitting around thinking 'no way that would happen', etc...