Author Topic: 24 (TV Show)  (Read 35893 times)

Re: 24 (TV Show)
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
It's "2" actually (I think). And yeah, I really like that aspect of her, the whole "Jack is nuts we can't trust him" routine could get a bit tiring, so this was a fresh approach with her character.

Any theories on the mole? Sean (Billy from Entourage) and Erica (Ever Carradine) are my current lead suspects. But Sean keeps disproving my suspicions with BS explanations that coincidentally turn out to be quite logical and truthful.

Not yet.  I don't think it's Billy Walsh.  Could be the blonde chick that they inferred he's having an affair with (I think she is Erica that you mentioned?).  Definitely not Garofolo... although what a twist that would be!
Yep Erica is that blonde. Was going to mention Garofolo (I'm trusting you with the spelling here), but she's really not my suspect. But I wouldn't put it past the show to give us that twist. I think she's doing a good job so far, she's fun when interacting with Billy Walsh and Agent Walker.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 02:49:54 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

Any theories on the mole? Sean (Billy from Entourage) and Erica (Ever Carradine) are my current lead suspects. But Sean keeps disproving my suspicions with BS explanations that coincidentally turn out to be quite logical and truthful.

I am still wondering if he actually had an affair with her or not.  I think they want us to think he is the bad guy.

I am going to go on record as saying that there may be some other excuse for 'having a good time last night' other then an affair.

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 03:07:25 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.

I am still wondering if he actually had an affair with her or not.  I think they want us to think he is the bad guy.

I am going to go on record as saying that there may be some other excuse for 'having a good time last night' other then an affair.

I agree... that's why I said "they want us to infer".  I don't think they actually did.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2009, 06:28:02 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
this show really is the same thing over and over and over again. but they do it well enough i think. did anyone really think tony was bad? i was rolling ny eyes waiting for the shocking revelation there.i think they could pretty  much copy old scenes from different seasons with new characters, change a couple of lines and people would barely notice.also, they need to feed keifer. he's built like a 12 year old girl.seriously is this dude like 5'6 140lbs?

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2009, 09:46:31 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Always great to see a president who doesn't negotiate with terrorists.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2009, 10:07:45 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Always great to see a president who doesn't negotiate with terrorists.

There's no way any American president would intervene in an African conflict under those circumstances.  Humanitarian interventions are all well and good, but once Americans started dying because of it, any politician would pull out.  I agree with the one advisor: once the public / press found out about that decision, it would be over for the President.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 01:49:14 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Tony was pretty good in this episode, I still don't think we can trust him fully yet. I'm also reluctant to believe that Jack won't try to apprehend him later for his past crimes.

I like the First Gentleman, and the way the chick was killed was great. For some reason I thought they would both escape together.

As for the President, I like her... she has a bit of balls in her. Can't wait for when she first meets Jack.

This was more of a setup episode, next one looks like it'll be exciting. I was hoping for a bigger airplane crash though.

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 01:56:56 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Tony was pretty good in this episode, I still don't think we can trust him fully yet. I'm also reluctant to believe that Jack won't try to apprehend him later for his past crimes.

I like the First Gentleman, and the way the chick was killed was great. For some reason I thought they would both escape together.

As for the President, I like her... she has a bit of balls in her. Can't wait for when she first meets Jack.

This was more of a setup episode, next one looks like it'll be exciting. I was hoping for a bigger airplane crash though.
Yeah, when Jack keeps on asking Tony "if he's alright" I can't help but thinking that is foreshadowing for Tony becoming the bad guy once again.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 09:58:24 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
That "After this is over, give me your word that you will turn yourself in" thing was kind of silly.  What business does Jack have in telling Tony how to live his life?

Gotta love that the ruthless African warlord is living a double life with some random American girlfriend.

Overall, a solid enough episode.  Things were resolved a little too easily, maybe, but I guess they're going to switch directions again.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 10:23:54 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
That was too predictable for me. Every year they find the bad guy's hideout and kill everyone but him, and he escapes miraculously. Nothing much happened in the episode, and the things that did happen you could see coming.

I think it'll start to really get going once Jack meets the President.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 11:52:56 PM »

Offline redd1985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 21
Isn't Dubenko a well-known figure? Like, aren't most war criminals photographed at one point or another? Should he really be able to live a double-life, or ride the Metro without getting  noticed?

Banner by Indeed Proceed

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 11:54:24 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
Don't spoil it!! Starts in 5 minutes for me!

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 06:28:02 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
there is way to much whispering on this show.

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 11:11:08 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
Decent enough episode... don't really have too many thoughts on it.

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 10:17:36 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Well I for one like the Tony situation, it feels like the early seasons of 24, that even when you knew he was a good guy, you really couldn't trust him 100%. The way the show sets him up you always thought he could be a traitor or backstab someone. I think we'll keep seeing more of that ambiguity as we continue throughout the season.

Not much left to say, since this was a more action oriented episode more than anything. Liked the scene in the chemical plant, and they got a pretty good tv actor for that small role, so good stuff in my opinion.