Poll

The better pick

Saints at Detroit
3 (60%)
Eagles at Washington
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: December 18, 2008, 10:20:13 AM

Author Topic: Saints or Eagles?  (Read 2278 times)

Saints or Eagles?
« on: December 16, 2008, 10:19:31 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3774
  • Yup
I'm in a "survivor" type football pool that started with 120 people and it down to 6.  You're allowed 3 strikes instead of just 1.  I have 2 strikes, so I have no margin for error.  The hypothetical pot is pretty decent and it would be hypothetically useful to win this thing.

I have two decent picks to make this week and can't decide which to do. 

I can take either the Saints at Detroit, or Philly at Washington.

Right now the Saints are the bigger favorite, but I feel like Philly is the better team.

I've done well by picking against Detroit when possible of late, but they gave Indy a game last week. Do they have a battle left in them?  The Saints are 1-6 on the road.

Philly on the other hand seems hot, but they laid an egg against Cincy (toes count as losses). They're on the road against a divisional rival.  The Skins have looked to be roadkill lately, but do I trust them to lay down and let Philly run rampant over them?

What to do?

I think I'm leaning towards Philly.

Thoughts?

Convince me.
Yup

Re: Saints or Eagles?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 10:21:45 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
That's a tough choice, Detroit is horrible, but NO hasn't been outstanding as of late.  Then you have Philly who is playing great, and Washington is having some team problems.  If you think the Lions will be winless this season go for NO, but you have 2 solid choices.

P.S. The Eagles still have the wild card to play for while NO doesn't.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:23:06 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I should add that I have a pick for Week 17 that I feel pretty good about (if I can make it)

Atlanta over Cincy
Yup

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:37:58 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The Eagles are playing really well lately, but I just don't trust them (mostly because they cost me a loss in Survivor after they tied the Bengals.)  I try to stay away from Intra-Division rivalry games; as bad as the Redskins look, they should be up for the Eagles.

On the other hand, New Orleans is 1-6 on the road.  But, my philosophy is that you can never go wrong playing against Detroit.  So, I say go with them.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 11:40:58 AM »

Offline Cassidy122690

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Redz,

I'm a Saints fan, and I'm almost certainly gonna take Detroit and whatever points Vegas feels like giving them (Saints started out around -9, then -7, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them go down to -6.5 or -6).  I think they stand a good chance to beat the Saints if you look at it from purely a "motivational" standpoint.

This is Detroit's last home game, and I'm sure they're trying desperately to not finish winless.  The Saints season is over, and I wouldn't be surprised if they played like it.
Out of Ireland have we come, great hatred, little room, maimed us at the start. I carry from my mother's womb a fanatic heart.  W.B. Yeats

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 09:57:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
uggghhh...guess which way I went

Very painful way to go out >:(
Yup