Author Topic: ALCS Game 7: Sox-Rays, and the last game with Chip Caray-  (Read 24501 times)

Re: ALCS Game 7: Sox-Rays, and the last game with Chip Caray-
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2008, 11:41:16 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Why the **** is Tek hitting here.  I could throw a fastball by him, let alone this kid.  Horrible managing

Agreed, not a well managed game by Francona.

Kinda sucks it had to be Game 7 of the ALCS

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2008, 11:41:25 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
#$*#@$!!

They had their chances.  What a kick in the stomach that game was.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2008, 11:41:36 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
wonder if that was Tek's last at bat in a Sox uniform.

If I had to guess, I am thinking the Sox extend him two years even with his horrible numbers.

From 2004 until tonight the Red Sox were 17-0 after game 5 in the ALCS

*$&^)@*%^&@(&()#&*&!($))%
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2008, 11:41:44 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
let my full attention now turn to the Boston Celtics...

good season sox... glad I didn't buy any Jordan's furniture - it was  fun run
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2008, 11:44:52 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
Lets go Phillies :)

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2008, 11:45:07 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
wonder if that was Tek's last at bat in a Sox uniform.

If I had to guess, I am thinking the Sox extend him two years even with his horrible numbers.

From 2004 until tonight the Red Sox were 17-0 after game 5 in the ALCS

*$&^)@*%^&@(&()#&*&!($))%

I feel weird responding to someone, after lignering so long in the super off topic! - but I don't know honestly, they've continually with players that once they hit a certain age/downward slope they won't overpay - Johnny Damon, Derick Lowe, Nomar (sorta), etc. now does this strategy backfire at times? I'd love to have Lowe back... but I think if the money is short we'll see Tek  back, if he wants a similar contract to what he's had, the Kevin Cash era may be beginning...that's a scary thought

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2008, 11:54:03 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Tek had one hit all series. Never came through any time with men on base. Some people love Tek, b/c he'll sprint to the dugout to put on his catcher equipment after a K and people hate Manny b/c he jogs to a single when he should of had a double, but we missed the guy who would actually get some hits in the postseason. You might not like his hustle, but I totally disagree with those who said we could never win a WS with Manny. We won two with him, and would be in the WS again if we had his bat in the lineup. I have never been so hopeless as watching Tek ab after ab, but at least he hustles ::)

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2008, 12:01:22 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
Tek had one hit all series. Never came through any time with men on base. Some people love Tek, b/c he'll sprint to the dugout to put on his catcher equipment after a K and people hate Manny b/c he jogs to a single when he should of had a double, but we missed the guy who would actually get some hits in the postseason. You might not like his hustle, but I totally disagree with those who said we could never win a WS with Manny. We won two with him, and would be in the WS again if we had his bat in the lineup. I have never been so hopeless as watching Tek ab after ab, but at least he hustles ::)

which Manny are we talking about though, the Dodgers Manny, yes I agree we're likely in the series... the 08 Red Sox Manny, different story

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2008, 12:06:41 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell

which Manny are we talking about though, the Dodgers Manny, yes I agree we're likely in the series... the 08 Red Sox Manny, different story

Exactly.  I don't wanna hear any arguments that we would've made the world series if we had Manny.  We have Manny, then no Jason Bay, no Jason Bay then who hits the 2 run homer off John Lackey?  Who hits the 3 run shot against Ervin Santana?  You can't assume Manny would've.  Granted both the Twins and White Sox didn't finish strong so it doesn't really help my belief, but I was a firm believer in the fact that if Manny stayed here, we would NOT have made the playoffs. 

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2008, 12:07:17 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker

Manny was hitting something like .350 for July for the sox and if he was on the sox come august he would have no choice then to contribute. Manny's always hit in the postseason, so whether we got Dodger postseason or Boston postseason Manny in October, we still would of had the bat we needed. Maybe we could of spent less time focusing on trading Manny and more time on getting a reliever, so that Timlin wouldn't have to have pitched game 2.

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2008, 12:11:59 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Well, this loss doesn't hurt as much as I thought. Maybe it's because I'm excited for the Celtics or because the Sox went further than I thought they would.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2008, 12:13:38 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker

Exactly.  I don't wanna hear any arguments that we would've made the world series if we had Manny.  We have Manny, then no Jason Bay, no Jason Bay then who hits the 2 run homer off John Lackey?  Who hits the 3 run shot against Ervin Santana?  You can't assume Manny would've.  Granted both the Twins and White Sox didn't finish strong so it doesn't really help my belief, but I was a firm believer in the fact that if Manny stayed here, we would NOT have made the playoffs. 
Well you are hearing the arguments. And there no reason why we couldn't of had Bay AND Manny. Might have taken another prospect from us, but we would have gotten that back when Manny left as a FA. We GAVE Manny away. Paid his salary, traded a couple prospects we could of used to ADD to the team and gave up the two picks. We GAVE Manny away. And that would be fine if we had enough of a lineup to still win or Manny was toast, but neither was true. We missed Manny. Many people love "gamers" like Tek and timlin, but you also need some lethal sluggers to win in the playoffs. We were missing one.

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2008, 12:13:55 AM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Chip Carey is an absolute abomination. TBS should be embarassed at their entire coverage of the MLB playoffs.

Props to Lester for an amazing performance.

Was immediately nervous when Price came in.

Francona...sorry...but why would you pinch hit Lowrie over Ellsbury for Tek?  Ellsbury at least gives you a chance to beat out a double-play...Lowrie does not...

If not Ellsbury...let El Capitan (who I do not like)...swing away.

Unbelievably disappointed.

Sucks.

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2008, 12:18:59 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Well this is what happens when you take three games off in the middle of a series.

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2008, 12:20:38 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3779
  • Yup
Well, this loss doesn't hurt as much as I thought. Maybe it's because I'm excited for the Celtics or because the Sox went further than I thought they would.

Yup.  I'm not going to get all upset about this one.  Tampa played a better series.  They got nervous and coughed up Game 5.  They gave the Sox a window tonight and they couldn't get the big hit.

Would have been nice to see a healthy Lowell in the lineup instead of Kotsay.  It was a fun season and Tampa deserves it.

It will be interesting off season, but the future is bright for the SOx.

GO CELTS!
Yup