Author Topic: NBA.com Damon Stoudamire looking for team. The Celtics?  (Read 9070 times)

NBA.com Damon Stoudamire looking for team. The Celtics?
« on: September 05, 2008, 02:33:20 AM »

Offline 2008CELTICS17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Does Damon have anything left? Last year perhaps his worst.We really don't have a point guard off the bench.He's a maybe factor. He does have a history of attitude problems,but he is older and it the end. 50/50 for me.

Re: NBA.com Damon Stoudamire looking for team. The Celtics?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:44:46 AM »

Offline ReadyFor17

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • The shortest answer is doing the thing
Wasn't good enough last year, not good enough this year. Cassell would be a better backup pg for the Celtics.
"But man is not made for defeat. Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:01:16 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
The Celtics have 15 men under contract already (the max) and I don't see them waiving anyone at the moment for Damon as much as I like him.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 03:07:06 AM »

Offline 2008CELTICS17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Gabe did spend time in the D-League last year. Maybe one of the rookied will.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 07:14:12 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Gabe did spend time in the D-League last year. Maybe one of the rookied will.

Even if a player spends time in the D league it still counts towards the 15 man roster.   Damon didn't show much with San Antonio last year and with SA not wanting him back I think that shows he doesn't have much left.  House did fine last year and I wouldn't want too take his minutes away like what happened last year with Cassell unless if it's an obvious upgrade.   

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 09:07:37 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why? Do we need a fourth string PG? I thought our needs would be a defensive SF and a true, experienced big man. The Celtics didn't want Damon last year when they basically had the same back court crew they do now. He's not coming here.

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Why? Do we need a fourth string PG? I thought our needs would be a defensive SF and a true, experienced big man. The Celtics didn't want Damon last year when they basically had the same back court crew they do now. He's not coming here.

And we DO have TWO point guards off the bench.

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 11:16:47 AM »

Offline iowa plowboy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
Stoudamire showed literally nothing last year.  He'd probably have less of a chance of making the team than Pruitt does.  As soon as Danny finds vet frontline help, Pruitt is history.  No chance on Stoudemire.

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 11:35:04 AM »

Offline Celtabrine

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
I agree, the C's don't need to add another guard. They need to add another big, prefferably a mid-season re-aquisition of P.J. Brown.

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 11:41:05 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
I agree, the C's don't need to add another guard. They need to add another big, prefferably a mid-season re-aquisition of P.J. Brown.

And who do you think will they waive when they have 14 players with guaranteed contracts and the non-guaranteed contract of Darius Miles? Miles can't be waived, because we would have a deep hole at backup SF, and I don't think Miles was signed for the fun factor.

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 12:23:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

And who do you think will they waive when they have 14 players with guaranteed contracts and the non-guaranteed contract of Darius Miles? Miles can't be waived, because we would have a deep hole at backup SF, and I don't think Miles was signed for the fun factor.
Miles isn't even going to make the team. He's this year's Brandon Wallace.

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 01:22:28 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I'll stick with:

Rondo - House - Pruitt - TA - Ray as our PGs.

Stoudamire is done.

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 01:24:52 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

Miles isn't even going to make the team. He's this year's Brandon Wallace.

Are you ready to dismiss Miles so soon? What new news do you have? You could very well be right, but at this point no one has any idea what Miles can do yet.

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 01:38:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Stoudamire showed literally nothing last year.  He'd probably have less of a chance of making the team than Pruitt does.  As soon as Danny finds vet frontline help, Pruitt is history.  No chance on Stoudemire.

I love how people have this inside track on pruitt, and apperntly the C's have been lying all summer when they say they like him and he'll be competing for the backup job this year.

What do you have against gabe pruitt? or do you have information the rest of us don't?

if he falls flat, the above may prove true, but i fully expect him to get time this year as part of the rotation. i doubt danny is already forming his "get gabe out of here!!!!" plans after developing him for 2 years and liking what he sees (from all reports)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 01:46:13 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Keep looking Not - So - Mighty anymore Mouse...