Author Topic: USA vs. Spain Chat  (Read 19505 times)

Re: USA vs. Spain Chat
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 05:17:28 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I'd rather be soft than be
a jerk like Kobe and Carmelo.
Seriously.

But again, congrats on the win.

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2008, 05:19:45 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Seriously.

Just teasin' man.

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 05:21:05 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
Seriously.

Just teasin' man.

I know.
I'd still rather be soft
than be a jerk  ;D

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 05:25:28 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Ah, if I had come onto CBlog, I'd have joined you guys.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 09:18:56 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Good job by the USA to hold off Spain.  Great job by Spain in almost pulling off a massive upset.

I have to say... I still hate Kobe Bryant.  I couldn't take his celebration seriously even if he was genuinely happy.   I kept watching him and thinking he was exaggerating.   Like he was going, "hahaha... I'm sooo happy!  Soooo happy!  This is so much better than winning a NBA championship.  Hahaha... soo happy.   I'm going to dump my bottle of water on the coach!  hahaha... look how happy I am"

Yeah yeah... I know I'm from the USA and I should be happy for em.  I am.  But Kobe can eat it.   

Wow.  I was feeling the EXACT same way!  I wonder where Kobe got the idea to dump water on Coach K's head? ::)  What a Faker!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 10:53:39 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Where did PP get the idea ?

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
It was an exciting game, but the US was ahead pretty much the whole time. I liked that dunk by Fernandez.

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 11:32:32 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Football (the one played mostly with hands  ;))

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 12:13:55 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald

It's never been done in basketball.  PP's idea was original as far as indoor basketball is concerned.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2008, 12:17:48 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
Has the world closed the gap?  The answer is yes.  Guys like Bosh would never be cheering so much for a point if they hadn't caught up.  SICK dunk by Rudy!

No I don't think they caught up.  I think the US played their worst defensive game in this Olympics and still won by double digits.  Now that's dominance... Spain plays their best, catches the US on their worst day and still loses. ;D

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 12:47:46 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I definitely found myself rooting for Spain, heavily....does that make me a bad American, or have I just been so conditioned by movies like Remember the Titans that I want to see that huge upset....

sidenote: I was not all impressed with Rubio, I've seen him projected as a top pick next year, I just don't see it....

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2008, 01:17:26 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
i really hate kobe still. in my mind he was a volume shooter. sure he made some clutch shots, but how many did he miss before that? good god.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2008, 02:02:00 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

(...)

sidenote: I was not all impressed with Rubio, I've seen him projected as a top pick next year, I just don't see it....

Well, I've been seeing Rubio playing since he was 14, so it's hard for me to assess his perfomance with fresh eyes. But I think he played well today, in a huge game, while injured, and he's only 17. Ín fact, it's hard for me to imagine many pre-college players playing as well as he did while injured against the NBA top-players (and not only a few NBA top-players assembled carelessly, but a national team that has been playing and practicing together for years). Why do you think he doesn't warrant a top pick? Who has impressed you more?

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2008, 02:04:57 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I definitely found myself rooting for Spain, heavily....does that make me a bad American, or have I just been so conditioned by movies like Remember the Titans that I want to see that huge upset....

I think that was the best case scenario for me.  The Spaniards kept a close, great game that proved that the gap has been closed, and USA won.  Basically we got to see a great game and our favorite team still won.

About Rubio, he had a few passes.  He hasnt necessarily shown any flashes of brilliances, but what I liked about him is how he wasn't scared and didn't cause bad turnovers.  He seems to be a very solid player on the court, which is huge considering that he's only 17 but I dont know if he'll be the next "Pistol".

Rudy Fernandez is good.  The guy can dunk, can take it to the hoop, and can occasionally shoot.  The game could've been very different if he was on the floor.  Pau Gasol was actually playing really well with some great dunks and more hustle dunks.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2008, 03:59:28 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Just got done watching the TiVo, and WOW what a game.

The 2nd best part of all this (behind the gold) for me is that I'll probably never have to root for Kobe in any context again. 

Rudy and Navarro absolutely chewed up our backcourt, I was very impressed with both of them, especially Navarro repeatedly leaving Chris Paul in the dust.  Save for a few stretches of bad shots and failing to protect the ball by Spain, this is a 1 possession game down the stretch, and who knows how it turns out.