Author Topic: USA vs. Spain Chat  (Read 19499 times)

Re: USA vs. Spain Chat
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2008, 02:04:19 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

"If I can't win the NBA Championship,
I'll steal EVERY gimmick Pierce has!"

That's not Paul Pierce's gimmick.

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2008, 02:07:53 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

"If I can't win the NBA Championship,
I'll steal EVERY gimmick Pierce has!"

That's not Paul Pierce's gimmick.

Ah, come on now, KC.
I'm just trying to spread the hate;)

« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2008, 03:58:59 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Scribs,

I would admit that they missed that one.  As I recall tho, Gasol did NOT end up being tossed to the ground like a dish rag, did he??  How about the supposed reach in, especially those by Kidd, where he clearly got ball on several occasions, but was still called for fouls.  How could you possibly watch this game and not see a bias??  Do you hate America?

Smitty

To be honest with you, I don't hate America.  I do hate some things that can't be discussed on this forum do to rules so I'm not going to go there.  My biggest thing is, and I'll admit I'm not a fan of the USA basketball team.  I only like two players on the team, Redd and Prince, and I only dislike two players on the team, Kobe and Melo.  The rest I have no opinion on.  While I didn't root for USA basketball I tried my best to stay neutral.  Though I'm sure just like cinderalla in the NCAA the neutral fan often takes upon there side, and I sometimes, not in every game, but sometimes found myself rooting for the other team.  Perhaps this makes me unAmerican, but I don't think it does.  I'm sure many of you will think I am but most, if any of you have little impact in my life.

The only time any of you have an impact on my life is when I chose to come here along with others and post about the Celtics, basketball, fantasy sports, whatever it may be.  While I don't agree with every members opionions I try and respect theirs and explain why I agree or disagree with theirs and hope they get a better understanding of what I think.  Outside of this blog I never really think about it until I get back home on the computer again.  I really do enjoy coming here on my free time to this blog and interacting with everyone...in some weird way its like a second family that you'll never meet. 

Anyways back to the point I was making, I will agree there was some questionable calls in the game for both sides and yes, the Marc Gasol beating could have been an unsportsmen like foul that the refs missed.  I agree with you 100%, but I also won't put the blame of the outcome on the refs completely.  The world has caught up whether we want to believe it or not. Sure its not every country, just a select few, but some of these countries have nowhere near the population we do and still can give us trouble.  While ultimatly yes I do think the USA is a great country, not only for sports but life in general, we have to respect the other countries too. 

These are just my thoughts, hopefully you understand where I'm coming from.  I understand where you are coming from and alot of other poster's as well.  I don't know I'm still young, I have a lot of growing up to do and don't always realize things that some of the more experience posters have to share.  I'll try to be more keen to doing so in the future. 

I have no hard feelings against you so I hope we've cleared everything up!  I know we can at least agree that we are Celtic fans, otherwise neither of us would be here.   ;D   

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2008, 05:38:27 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Scribs,

I would admit that they missed that one.  As I recall tho, Gasol did NOT end up being tossed to the ground like a dish rag, did he??  How about the supposed reach in, especially those by Kidd, where he clearly got ball on several occasions, but was still called for fouls.  How could you possibly watch this game and not see a bias??  Do you hate America?

Smitty

To be honest with you, I don't hate America.  I do hate some things that can't be discussed on this forum do to rules so I'm not going to go there.  My biggest thing is, and I'll admit I'm not a fan of the USA basketball team.  I only like two players on the team, Redd and Prince, and I only dislike two players on the team, Kobe and Melo.  The rest I have no opinion on.  While I didn't root for USA basketball I tried my best to stay neutral.  Though I'm sure just like cinderalla in the NCAA the neutral fan often takes upon there side, and I sometimes, not in every game, but sometimes found myself rooting for the other team.  Perhaps this makes me unAmerican, but I don't think it does.  I'm sure many of you will think I am but most, if any of you have little impact in my life.

The only time any of you have an impact on my life is when I chose to come here along with others and post about the Celtics, basketball, fantasy sports, whatever it may be.  While I don't agree with every members opionions I try and respect theirs and explain why I agree or disagree with theirs and hope they get a better understanding of what I think.  Outside of this blog I never really think about it until I get back home on the computer again.  I really do enjoy coming here on my free time to this blog and interacting with everyone...in some weird way its like a second family that you'll never meet. 

Anyways back to the point I was making, I will agree there was some questionable calls in the game for both sides and yes, the Marc Gasol beating could have been an unsportsmen like foul that the refs missed.  I agree with you 100%, but I also won't put the blame of the outcome on the refs completely.  The world has caught up whether we want to believe it or not. Sure its not every country, just a select few, but some of these countries have nowhere near the population we do and still can give us trouble.  While ultimatly yes I do think the USA is a great country, not only for sports but life in general, we have to respect the other countries too. 

These are just my thoughts, hopefully you understand where I'm coming from.  I understand where you are coming from and alot of other poster's as well.  I don't know I'm still young, I have a lot of growing up to do and don't always realize things that some of the more experience posters have to share.  I'll try to be more keen to doing so in the future. 

I have no hard feelings against you so I hope we've cleared everything up!  I know we can at least agree that we are Celtic fans, otherwise neither of us would be here.   ;D   

Great post, Scribbles and not
especially "young" in my opinion.
It gets you a TP.

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2008, 08:13:34 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
All I know is that Spain's best player was the only one fouled out.  Without Rudy Fernandez Spain couldn't give out the last punch.  All they had left was a slap.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2008, 09:39:55 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Are some of you serious??  The world has "caught up" with the USA??  Really?  I hope you are kidding.  The refs kept Spain in this game.  Did anyone see Marc Gasol all but pick up Bosh and throw him down and there was absolutely NO call???  Are you serious??  You simply could NOT have missed it!!!  Kobe and LeBron had two fouls each in the first five minutes?  Are you serious?  This would have been another 30 point blowout IF the game would have been called fairly.  This was about as fair as allowing China to have 10 year old gymnasts competing.  Ridiculous.  Unbelievable.

Smitty
Actually, he meant to say "USA had caught up with the world", which seems to be a fact, at least based on the latest major international competitions.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."