Author Topic: Bucks have 5 point guards!  (Read 6819 times)

Bucks have 5 point guards!
« on: August 14, 2008, 04:09:23 PM »

Offline donttradepaull2

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
What the heck are the Bucks doing?  They have five point guards!!

Damon Jones
Ramon Sessions
Luke Ridnour
Tyronn Lue
Charlie Bell

They need to do something about this.  If they don't, then management is basically a joke..

Re: Bucks have 5 point guards!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Charlie Bell is not a PG and Damon Jones can play the 2 as a shooter off the bench.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 04:23:18 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

They need to do something about this.  If they don't, then management is basically a joke..

Might well be the case regardless of what happens with the guards (I actually have something coming out on the Bucks for the Daily Babble tomorrow) -- although I agree with the point CFF makes about there not being as many point guard-only guys here as you indicate.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 05:03:42 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
My guess is Damon Jones will be bought out.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
5 PGs... and none of them much good.

Maybe it's a Vultron type thing.  Damon Jones is the right leg, Charlie Bell the left arm, etc.

Together they might be a starter.

Nahhhh

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 02:21:05 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Damon Jones makes Eddie House look like John Stockton.  You're reaching to call him or Bell a PG. 

Sessions is an Orien Green-type project and will probably be the 14-15th man.  Ridnour and Lue are the only true PGs on the roster.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 02:26:30 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
with the exception of ridnoir, they are all garbage.

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 02:30:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

good! maybe that will help pruitt get some time when the celtics play them. i am always delighted to find out that another team is terrible. it just makes it easier for the celtics to win.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 02:32:38 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Except, I really don't think they're gonna be garbage this year.  They're going to have a pretty good offense I think, it'll be whether or not the defense comes together for em.
do it

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 03:27:18 PM »

Offline SoulHonky

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Ramon Sessions isn't bad. Definitely not as good as his end of the season run (then again, who is) but he's solid. Ty Lue is a solid backup. Ridnour's offense isn't bad but it's not good enough to make up for his defense. I really can't see him and Skiles working out.

The bigger issue for the Bucks is at PF where they don't really have anyone. Charlie Villenueva is another guy I can't see Skiles liking. I wouldn't be stunned to see them move Charlie and one of the PG's for a PF.

The Rondomino Effect @ www.soulhonky.com

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 05:01:09 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

I've seen us 3 times in Milwaukee and Bell played very well in all 3 games.  He's a 2 guard and a solid defender.  I didn't see anything in those 3 games that made me think he had even Tony's PG skills.  But they weren't playing him there.  But he's a lot like Tony as a player.
Bell will get minutes at the 2 and 3.

I'm betting that Ridnour and Skiles will be just fine together.  Ridnour will be playing for a contract soon and seems to have no history of being uncoachable.  But unless they find somebody better, I believe Sessions will go from being inactive to starting at the end of the season. Like SoulHonky said the roster is too mismatched to be a playoff contender.  I don't think Skiles is capable of tanking.  But by the last 20 games of the season I think Sessions will have come far enough to beat out Ridnour.  Lue will be traded to a contender for a 2nd rounder or waived.

Somebody cocky like Jones may be killed by Skiles before he gets out of training camp.  He's gone.  Jones would fit in perfect in Denver or GS.

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Ramon Sessions isn't bad. Definitely not as good as his end of the season run (then again, who is) but he's solid. Ty Lue is a solid backup. Ridnour's offense isn't bad but it's not good enough to make up for his defense. I really can't see him and Skiles working out.

The bigger issue for the Bucks is at PF where they don't really have anyone. Charlie Villenueva is another guy I can't see Skiles liking. I wouldn't be stunned to see them move Charlie and one of the PG's for a PF.

I think a smarter move is going with Alexander as the 4 at times and going small.  I think he'd be able to hold his own with some 4's in the league.
do it

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I think Ridnour is going to do just fine with them. He is a pass first pg, and with Redd and Jefferson, that's exactly what they need. Mo Williams was more of an offensive threat than a passer, although he dished out 6 dimes per game with basically Redd and Bogut his only targets. I think Ridnour will average at least that amount, and probably put up about 12 ppg.

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 10:24:34 PM »

Offline Amir

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 48
How about the Grizz? 4 young-with-potential PGs. Maybe Mayo at the 2.

Mayo
Conley
Lowry
Crittenton

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 10:26:49 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
I really want to see what Sessions can do this year.