Author Topic: The I'm Scared of Kobe Thread  (Read 7436 times)

The I'm Scared of Kobe Thread
« on: May 31, 2008, 10:30:28 AM »

Offline timboup

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Anyone else getting nervous about kobe? We could hardly handle the cavs and they only have Lebron. Kobe is surrounded by very good teammates. Who is going to guard him?

Re: The I'm Scared of Kobe Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 10:34:20 AM »

Offline jblaze

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
Pierce and Big Game Posey.

Kobe scares me a LITTLE bit, he can go off at any time, but the Celtics are going to eat the Lakers frontcourt alive.

I hope for LA's sake that Luke Walton doesn't try to guard Pierce...

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 10:40:57 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Kobe and the calls he'll get concern me. But at the same time I feel that LA should have a similar fear of Pierce. He's always played LA well and I don't know if they will have an answer for him either.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 10:41:35 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Why be scared?
We beat 'em twice this season already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1vRv4wnRAY

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 10:43:31 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Agree that it will be either Pierce or Posey.  Kobe will get his regardless.  He won't miss a lot of those shots that Lebron did.  The guy who concerns me is Odom.  Who defends him?  If Pierce takes Kobe that will leave Ray since Garnett and Perkins will probably get Gasol and Radmonovich.  Odom can be inconsistent but when he's on he makes the Lakers even tougher.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 10:46:52 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Amager Celtic Fan, I think we've all learned that regular season hasn't got much to do with the playoffs. And this isn't the same LA team that we humiliated earlier this year.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »

Offline jblaze

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
Perkins most likely. He did a good job in the last series and will definitely be a factor on the boards once again. Perk has been a beast as of late

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2008, 10:48:36 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Eh...  so long as we don't play the Joe Johnson defense on him, we'll be just fine.  We contained Lebron, and Kobe shot 15-for-46 against us this year.  He's a great player (terrible person), but he's not unstoppable.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Agree that it will be either Pierce or Posey.  Kobe will get his regardless.  He won't miss a lot of those shots that Lebron did.  The guy who concerns me is Odom.  Who defends him?  If Pierce takes Kobe that will leave Ray since Garnett and Perkins will probably get Gasol and Radmonovich.  Odom can be inconsistent but when he's on he makes the Lakers even tougher.

I suspect Ray will be on Vlad, and then Perkins and Garnett will be on Gasol and Odom -- not sure who will be on who.  Actually, the Lakers will need to worry about Perkins trolling the boards (the backboards, not the Celtics or Lakers Internet boards!).

PP will have a tough matchup with Kobe, but what can you do?  As a poster said above, Kobe will get his.  Kobe will clearly be the best player on the court, but the guys in green will be the best team on the court, and so long as they remember that and play like a team, then good things should happen.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 10:59:29 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Amager Celtic Fan, I think we've all learned that regular season hasn't got much to do with the playoffs. And this isn't the same LA team that we humiliated earlier this year.

Yeah, well...
I haven't been that worried even
though they've lost 8 games already in the
playoffs. The C's are still a young team in
terms of playing together and getting to know
each other.
Yeah, I know it's not the same thing as the RS
but still: If the Celtics do what they can
do, Kobe can average 50 pts and it still won't
matter. Gasol is a great player but he's not an
All-Star. Other than that I can't see how the
Lakers are any different. Yeah, they're playing
great ball but I think we'll give 'em Hell.
Maybe that's just me...

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 11:17:28 AM »

Offline rrc589

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Even if we get a guy to play great defense on Kobe, he can still put up a ridiculous amount of points because his best offense can beat anyones best defense.

Just play good defense on him and focus on stopping everyone else.

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 11:21:54 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Posey has played good defense on Kobe in the past

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 11:24:34 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Ray matched up with him for the game in Boston and did a pretty good job.  He was fired because they don't like each other, flat out don't like each other.  Still, I definitely suspect it will start with Paul and then move to Posey.  Maybe a little TA?...Nahhhh none of that.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 11:25:56 AM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Fisher also concerns me.  He certainly won't be the best point guard Rondo faces in these playoffs but he has that veteran savvy who could exploit Rondo's inexperience.  He seems to always make those important shots.  Not necessarily the clutch shots at the end (though he's capable) but those three pointers that turn an eight point deficit into a five point deficit and keep the game from getting out of control.  I've watched Laker games where I say to myself Fisher is shooting great and then see in the box score he's only shooting 40%.  My point is the shots he makes seems to be the ones they need and the ones you remember.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I'm scared of the superstar treatment he's going to get from the refs. Honestly I'm more scared of his teammates, I feel that the Laker's biggest asset is their passing to get layups. You always would rather have Kobe hitting a difficult contested fade away than and easy dunk for Gasol (who looks like a big pigeon in case anyone was wondering)
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19