Author Topic: The I'm Scared of Kobe Thread  (Read 7448 times)

Re: The I'm Scared of Kobe Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 11:31:56 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Fear is the last thing we need going into the finals.  We'll be fine.  You should fear Lebron more than kobe because Bron actually passes to those so called "good teammates" that surround him.

My biggest fear is that Kobe grows up and shares the ball(which he has been doing more so than ever), but I still think his big two are no where near as good as PP's big two and you know Pauls gonna go nuts in his home town.

It's meant to be.  Don't fear it. ;)
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 11:32:22 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
It's the Lakers who should be scared.

They have NO ONE who can guard Garnett.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 11:44:02 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
It's the Lakers who should be scared.

They have NO ONE who can guard Garnett.

They have no one who can guard Pierce, either ... and Kobe always struggles against Paul. I'm far less worried about the Lakers than I was about the other three teams we played in the playopffs ... I say we clinch it in five.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 11:56:25 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
I am annoyed at ESPN they are all picking the Lakers to win ( I guess not a surprise since all ESPN does is drool over Kobe) you would think they would know better after some of them counted out the Celtics against the Pistons. Celtics will just have to make them all look like fools (shouldn't be hard since none of them have a clue)

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 11:56:39 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Instead of talking what we need to do to stop them, we should be talking about what they need to do to stop us.
The only thing that I'm worried about is the game formate of 2-3-2. But getting a second road win does help restore some confidence about our team on the road. We play smart and aggresive, then we win in 6 at the most
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 12:13:58 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
i know kobe scares the hell out of me. just an amazing basketball player. but we have some tough matchups for them too (we have a HUGE advantage at point guard), so it should be fun.

this rest for the C's should be huge after playing every other day for weeks.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 12:23:20 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I ain't afraid of no ghosts!
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 12:26:23 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Who's guarding KG?

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 12:28:24 PM »

Offline jblaze

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
So Kobe guards Pierce.. who guards Allen?

The matchups completely favor the Celtics in this series, no matter what the "experts" think. Laker homerism at it's finest.

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 12:33:27 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
I am annoyed at ESPN they are all picking the Lakers to win ( I guess not a surprise since all ESPN does is drool over Kobe) you would think they would know better after some of them counted out the Celtics against the Pistons. Celtics will just have to make them all look like fools (shouldn't be hard since none of them have a clue)

The good news is David Thorpe chose the Lakers (real surprise there).  The guy doesn't know anything.

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 12:34:42 PM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
the media can pick the Faker all l know is ou have to play the games l really really like are chances 8)

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 12:35:07 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
So Kobe guards Pierce.. who guards Allen?

The matchups completely favor the Celtics in this series, no matter what the "experts" think. Laker homerism at it's finest.

We got Posey, who I think will become known as a Kobe Killer over the course of this series - its a shame we have no TA (in case of foul trouble) - basically we have 2 guys who can attempt to contain the Kobester, Pierce and Posey - I don't want Ray Allen anywhere near him (this creates some matchup issues though, as there may be points where its Ray on either Kobe or Lamar or Vlad Rad)... I expect Doc to use a similar strategy as he did with Lebron and Joe Johnson.. But yeah the Lakers do create matchup problems that we'll have to figure out
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »

Offline jblaze

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
they do create some matchup problems, but overall IMO the Celtics got the matchups in the bag. Allen/Pierce will be matched up against a role player (depending on who Kobe guards, its either or), Garnett will eat Gasol alive and Perkins should have no problems in the post against Odom.

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »

Offline T1ME

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Kobe is the one who is scared.

This is the greatest opportunity he will have in his career to prove himself.

No Shaq to rely on.

A chance to beat Boston, a team that has made a living whopping on the Lakers and has taken many championships away.

Shaq never got to beat Boston, not that it's his fault. We stunk.

However, Kobe does. If he doesn't get the job done, the MJ comparisons are going to come to a screeching halt.

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 01:06:22 PM »

Offline CLeht11

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 2
We're just going to have to play the 'Let him get his' strategy.  Don't load up on Kobe every play and let him find his teammates all game, if he gets his and we contain everyone else, they aren't going to win. 

Nobody on that team is going to guard Garnett.  Gasol can try but he is way too slow for KG.  Odom is too small, KG can just shoot right over him.  Honestly, I would rather have a dominant big man, than a dominant guard.

Fisher/Rondo might be a good matchup, Fisher has the experience but Rondo can blow by him.  I'm not sure what the Lakers are going to do, either Kobe is going to guard Pierce or Allen, which will leave Luke Walton on somebody and we will exploit that somebody all game long.  The Lakers have Kobe, but there is like 2 positions on the floor that they just won't be able to guard.
Who said the East was the JV conference? See you next year, Mr. Bryant!