Author Topic: Pacers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Finals Game 1 5/21/24  (Read 19499 times)

Re: Pacers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Finals Game 1 5/21/24
« Reply #1245 on: May 22, 2024, 08:37:28 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1274
I’ve gone ahead and revoked Kendrick Perkins Celtics card. He’s nothing but a huge clown that only takes shots at Boston

but but but...the 2008 team never had to come back in any game, they won every game, and did everything perfect lol.

I can't wait to hear Perk's comments if we win the title....will it be hard to compliment Tatum and Brown at that point?  I guess so.

I’m convinced he hates the Celtics. I wonder what his excuse is for going 7! Vs Atlanta and 7! Vs Cleveland

I must be missing these anti-Celtics Perk rants.  He hasn't been bad when I've seen him.

He said today that Tatum does nothing but choke.

The JT/Celtics hate seems to be at an all time high after that game 1 victory over the Pacers. Perk just said that JT should have scored 50 as if 36 wasn’t enough. Everyone says Indy blew it, which is partially true. But credit to JB and Jrue though for their defense that allowed Boston to have the chance at that game tying three. And JB did have to make that difficult three to send the game to OT. It’s not like the Celtics stopped playing and still won the game.

Re: Pacers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Finals Game 1 5/21/24
« Reply #1246 on: May 22, 2024, 08:45:06 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3089
  • On To Banner 18!
Last night felt like our "Game 2s" and yet we pulled out a win. C's didn't play well. Indiana overall shot better than us. Turner was knocking down 3s everywhere. Haliburton had a few logo 3s at the buzzer in two of the quarters. Toppin looked like Hakeem for stretches in the first half. Some stuff just felt "what the hell"

That bodes well for us. I think we come out with a comfortable Game 2 victory. Maybe IND shoots well but BOS should in theory shoot better too. "Law of averages". The C's did get wide open looks most of the night but it felt like they often bricked them in the middle of the game (besides that little stretch where they initially built a 12-point lead late in the 3rd). Horford and Hauser need to knock some down too.

I'd like to think we make some adjustments too. Surely they have a better plan than just Kornet and then praying with Horford. Maybe go smaller, play faster and make Indiana scramble. Indiana tries to make other teams scramble but if you turn the tides, it hurts them more because their defense blows.

I'd be surprised if we kept letting IND score 110+ this series in regulation, but it's more likely than not IND gives up 110+ to the Celtics.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller