Author Topic: Pacers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Finals Game 1 5/21/24  (Read 19500 times)

Re: Pacers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Finals Game 1 5/21/24
« Reply #1215 on: May 22, 2024, 12:28:07 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 303
I don't agree with the idea that we stole that game last night. The Celtics were leading for what felt like 90% of the game.

« Reply #1216 on: May 22, 2024, 12:36:10 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
I don't agree with the idea that we stole that game last night. The Celtics were leading for what felt like 90% of the game.

no one said Indy stole the game they hit the circus shot 3 to win in the waning seconds....

« Reply #1217 on: May 22, 2024, 12:53:12 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
And as expected the narrative today is the Pacers Lost the game and the C's didn't win it.  The Pacers can hang with this team and win the series.  The C's escaped.  The C's are lucky to have won. 

I just hope the team sees these headlines and come out and put Indy in their place with a blowout win Thursday.  They need to make a statement and come out swinging and keep swinging until the game is over.  The Pacers are a good team but the C's are a much better team.  They need to dominate to shut the naysayers up.

Expected and unfortunate, but I've pretty much resigned to the fact that media narratives are largely driven to maintain interest in the matchups. If fans don't believe the Pacers can beat the Celtics, people aren't going to tune in to the games or read the various expert analysis articles, tweets, posts, TV postgame analysis, etc.

Quite possibly the wisest words ever spoken here and something I have to remind myself every time one of these guys p---es me off.

look who owns ESPN.

they put out fake news/agendas/propaganda for viewership.

no shocker. just ignore it.

the only fake title is lebrons COVID bubble title.

nobody will make me feel bad if we win it all. injuries are part of the game.

giannis was hurt last year, should denver get an asterisk since giannis could not even get out the semis?

all these media narratives are preposterous.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1218 on: May 22, 2024, 12:55:46 PM »

• Johnny Most
need the rest of our games on TNT

i loathe disney/abc/espn all the same animal.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1219 on: May 22, 2024, 01:12:16 PM »

• Johnny Most
Game 2 is in 32 hours. I'm not gonna be ready

whoa! whoa! whoa! you will be fine just
remember the checklist:

1) ventilator? check

2) defibrillator? check

3) bottle of high strength anxiety pills? check

4) alcohol? check....now i know you do not drink but my buddy bringtoughnessback likes his wine and at this rate he will need a CRATE of it!

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1220 on: May 22, 2024, 01:14:51 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2524
And as expected the narrative today is the Pacers Lost the game and the C's didn't win it.  The Pacers can hang with this team and win the series.  The C's escaped.  The C's are lucky to have won. 

I just hope the team sees these headlines and come out and put Indy in their place with a blowout win Thursday.  They need to make a statement and come out swinging and keep swinging until the game is over.  The Pacers are a good team but the C's are a much better team.  They need to dominate to shut the naysayers up.

Well, the Pacers DID commit 2 turnovers in the last 30 seconds of regulation. That is pretty bad.

Otherwise I'd argue the C's gave the game away with their poor defensive effort. An extra push on that end in the 2nd and the 3rd and this game is not close.

« Reply #1221 on: May 22, 2024, 01:20:18 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2524

remember the checklist:

1) ventilator? check

2) defibrillator? check

4) alcohol? check....now i know you do not drink but my buddy bringtoughnessback likes his wine and at this rate he will need a CRATE of it!

No joke I don't see how someone can follow this team and not be an alcoholic or a pillhead.

The media/other fanbases wonder why C's fans are so rowdy and vulgar, but it's obvious: we've been driven into heavy intoxication/self-medication by the team's schizophrenic inconsistency

« Reply #1222 on: May 22, 2024, 02:05:02 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 961
I really hope we see the Cs treat this game like a loss and come out like they usually do in game 3s.

They got punched in the face, they know that the Pacers can beat them. Sometimes beating a team by 25 in game 1 is not a good thing...esp with this team.

Maybe a close game one like this will focus them for game 2. I just don't see the Pacers keeping these shooting numbers up. Water finds its level usually.

And some of the 3s Indiana hit yesterday were just circus shots. 2 by Haliburton and one by Turner.

And keep taking their small guards into the post.

brown was pretty upset after the game. hopefully that leads them to taking game #2 more seriously than previous rounds.

We see that every time they have a crappy game. Then, if we’re lucky, they play hard for a game or 2 before breaking down again. I’d love to see them come out upset and stay that way through the rest of the playoffs.

Lots of “what-ifs” this game, but the last 12 seconds were stunning. What if:

A) Indy had called a timeout instead of making a crappy inbound pass?

B) Indy had fouled on that last play instead of letting it play out?

C) JB hadn’t made a 3-pointer that ranks only second in ridiculousness in this game?

Passover is over, but man, dayenu.

Mike

lots of what ifs though can go either way. what if haliburten didn't hit a circus shot 3? then we don't need a 3 to tie.

Totally agree. I was just thinking about how many of them occurred in such a short period of time.

« Reply #1223 on: May 22, 2024, 02:28:44 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
Part of the consolation I'm trying to tell myself after last night is that Indiana did a right things and still lost.  The Celtics did a lot of wrong things and still won.

They had their hiccups at the end there but Indy played a helluva basketball game.  Is that sustainable?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1224 on: May 22, 2024, 02:43:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup
Part of the consolation I'm trying to tell myself after last night is that Indiana did a right things and still lost.  The Celtics did a lot of wrong things and still won.

They had their hiccups at the end there but Indy played a helluva basketball game.  Is that sustainable?

Indy outshot us on all phases (though they didn't take a lot of FTs).  The rest of the stats were remarkably close.  Despite the Celts having some god awful lazy passing turnovers (what's up with the horrendous entry passes?), the Pacers lost the game because they outdid the C's 21-14 in TO's - the worst coming in the clutch. Points of turnovers favored the C's 32-21.

Sidenote - my least favorite play of the game was Tatum's lefty sidewinder pass from the top of the 3 point line to the left wing.  That turnover, with the Celts up 13, was the start of a huge Indy streak and a bunch more crazy possessions by the Celts.
Yup

« Reply #1225 on: May 22, 2024, 03:00:10 PM »

• Johnny Most

remember the checklist:

1) ventilator? check

2) defibrillator? check

No joke I don't see how someone can follow this team and not be an alcoholic or a pillhead.

The media/other fanbases wonder why C's fans are so rowdy and vulgar, but it's obvious: we've been driven into heavy intoxication/self-medication by the team's schizophrenic inconsistency

FACTS!  :)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1226 on: May 22, 2024, 04:47:46 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 384
Hauser and Luke gonna play much better in Game 2...Guuuuuaaaaranteed-!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #1227 on: May 22, 2024, 05:23:55 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 380

Who cares what the narrative is and what the naysayers are saying? All that matters is winning 7 more games.

« Reply #1228 on: May 22, 2024, 05:27:27 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
I don’t care about the narrative. Escaping with the win is actually what happened so that’s fine.  But escaping with a win means you won. It’s 1-0 and Cs hopefully will kick it up for 48 tomorrow.

« Reply #1229 on: May 22, 2024, 05:30:07 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Celtics win game 2. Think we see the Pacers come back down to earth on offense.