Author Topic: Pacers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Finals Game 1 5/21/24  (Read 19501 times)

Re: Pacers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Finals Game 1 5/21/24
« Reply #1185 on: May 22, 2024, 09:48:51 AM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
If JB does not hit a very late 3 with a high degree of difficulty this narrative would be very different. Looking back that shot could be a series changer.

« Reply #1186 on: May 22, 2024, 09:48:53 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
I really hope we see the Cs treat this game like a loss and come out like they usually do in game 3s.

They got punched in the face, they know that the Pacers can beat them. Sometimes beating a team by 25 in game 1 is not a good thing...esp with this team.

Maybe a close game one like this will focus them for game 2. I just don't see the Pacers keeping these shooting numbers up. Water finds its level usually.

And some of the 3s Indiana hit yesterday were just circus shots. 2 by Haliburton and one by Turner.

And keep taking their small guards into the post.

brown was pretty upset after the game. hopefully that leads them to taking game #2 more seriously than previous rounds.

« Reply #1187 on: May 22, 2024, 09:56:18 AM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
I really hope we see the Cs treat this game like a loss and come out like they usually do in game 3s.

They got punched in the face, they know that the Pacers can beat them. Sometimes beating a team by 25 in game 1 is not a good thing...esp with this team.

Maybe a close game one like this will focus them for game 2. I just don't see the Pacers keeping these shooting numbers up. Water finds its level usually.

And some of the 3s Indiana hit yesterday were just circus shots. 2 by Haliburton and one by Turner.

brown was pretty upset after the game. hopefully that leads them to taking game #2 more seriously than previous rounds.

if a team is have trouble taking Eastern Conference final games seriously then Houston (no pun intended) we have a problem.

« Reply #1188 on: May 22, 2024, 09:58:48 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
If JB does not hit a very late 3 with a high degree of difficulty this narrative would be very different. Looking back that shot could be a series changer.
I think it countered the two buzzer beating prayers that Haliburton threw in.

« Reply #1189 on: May 22, 2024, 10:03:54 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
Interesting looking at the plus minus. C's +20 with Tatum on floor. -15 without him.
PP -15 (compared to Hauser who was -8).  Luke, for all the crap taken here wound up +2. People forget he helps a bit offensively.

« Reply #1190 on: May 22, 2024, 10:05:13 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671

this game may pay HUGE dividends down the road starting with game 2.

joe mazz on the other hand may never learn. he is the equivalent of running I-formation dive plays
into a 9 man box all game. absolutely infuriating.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1191 on: May 22, 2024, 10:07:07 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
even with joe blows incompetence and stupidity we still woulda won in regulation had we hit our free throws

let that sink in.

games are won and lost in close playoff games at the line.

ask the lakers.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1192 on: May 22, 2024, 10:15:58 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 196
I'm not sure what people want. The Celtics are 9-2 in the playoffs. Their opponents aren't high school teams, for goodness sake. And the only two losses came when the opponent shot lights out from 3.

Last night I thought the Pacers played really well. Hit an insane % of their 3s in the first half, and throughout the whole game I thought they were near automatic on their 2-point jumpshots (the least efficient shot in the game). I also thought they played with a lot of energy, for instance picking up the Celtics full court and not letting them get into their sets early in the clock. Can the Pacers continue to play at that level, including the hot shooting? Not sure. All I know is that the Celtics beat a good team that was playing near capacity, and that's a good sign from my perspective.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #1193 on: May 22, 2024, 10:19:21 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
I'm not sure what people want. The Celtics are 9-2 in the playoffs. Their opponents aren't high school teams, for goodness sake. And the only two losses came when the opponent shot lights out from 3.

Last night I thought the Pacers played really well. Hit an insane % of their 3s in the first half, and throughout the whole game I thought they were near automatic on their 2-point jumpshots (the least efficient shot in the game). I also thought they played with a lot of energy, for instance picking up the Celtics full court and not letting them get into their sets early in the clock. Can the Pacers continue to play at that level, including the hot shooting? Not sure. All I know is that the Celtics beat a good team that was playing near capacity, and that's a good sign from my perspective.

I agree with all of this. I think people just don't want repeats of last night. 

Otherwise, cardiac incidents across the fandom are going to skyrocket.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1194 on: May 22, 2024, 10:22:53 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 622

We want:
A coach that isn't married to playing Kornet and recognizes he's killing us.
One who realizes Indy has only one big so we adjust our lineup accordingly
Players to play like their not IQ challenged and make inexplicable bad passes leading to TO's
Make FT's.
Stop walking up the floor(looking at you JT)

If joe doesn't make some changes, we're in trouble. The pacers absolutely can keep this hot shooting up. They're a high octane offense, and we have to find ways to mitigate that. We won't win playing their style. I'm glad we won, but I'm not happy it had to come to the way it did. This is the type of win for me that doesn't feel so good.

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #1195 on: May 22, 2024, 10:24:55 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
I think it countered the two buzzer beating prayers that Haliburton threw in.

I mean isn't every shot like that a series changer? we are playing knicks if pacers don't hit some last second prayer to tie the series at 2-2 instead of 3-1 NYC

« Reply #1196 on: May 22, 2024, 10:25:34 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Not going win by 30 every game, it’s the playoffs & Indiana are a very good team..going be a tough series especially with Porzingus out
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1197 on: May 22, 2024, 10:35:31 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 196
I'm also astounded by all the vitriol about Kornet. People realize that he's been playing really well over the first two rounds of the playoffs, right?
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #1198 on: May 22, 2024, 10:45:44 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I'm also astounded by all the vitriol about Kornet. People realize that he's been playing really well over the first two rounds of the playoffs, right?

This series and style is very tough on him. I do think the Celtics can get away with playing smaller with JT at the 5.

« Reply #1199 on: May 22, 2024, 10:48:43 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

This series and style is very tough on him. I do think the Celtics can get away with playing smaller with JT at the 5.

i'd like to see Tillman take some of his minutes next game. this is why we got him right?

need to get to game 4 and we can have KP back with Horford off bench.