Author Topic: Cavaliers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #5 5/15/24  (Read 16902 times)

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1028
We'll probably still win this, but I'll be real, the last three 4th quarters this series have not been good. There will be games in the ECF and Finals that are super tight, and where we'll be very tested

I keep thinking about our potential problems when we get to the finals against an elite team.
But we will be in for the fight of our lives in the upcoming ECF vs either Knicks or Indy.

Celtics/Knicks in an ECF - Lawdy, the memories from the early 70's.

We'll beat a depleted Knicks team in no less than 5, just like we did in the regular season. We actually very well may sweep them given all the hype the New York Media Machine is putting on the Knicks undeservedly, such that we won't play down to the competition as much.

The question is- do the Celtics want an easy matchup or do they want to fight grit and earn it? Which of these two remaining teams pose that grit for them?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • On To Banner 18!
(ignore)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

• Johnny Most
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573
The ECF for the 6th time in 8 years.

We've gone 8-2 for the playoffs thus far and played in only one clutch game, which we won, and we've done it mostly without our third best player for 75% of the games. Every other team is going 6 or 7, and honestly, we've had long stretches where we've not played super well and played down to the competition.

Regardless of the competition, given all of that I think we're right where we need to be and should be happy. I think some people are a little unrealistic with their expectations that we should be blowing out teams every night just because of our regular season record. That's simply not how it works in the NBA, especially the playoffs and even with guys out. Stars being out only opens up more opportunities for other NBA-level players.

It’s reasonable to make something of the 8-2 playoff record.  It’s right in line with their 64-18 regular season record.  In fact - percentage-wise a little better. The negative posters have one mantra - we’ll lose to Denver.  No reason to go there - except to provoke.  Everyone understands Denver will be tough to beat. I’m not certain Cs will be unable to win if that’s the matchup. We’ll see.

• Johnny Most
6 ECFs in 8 years

bad loss to cavs

cavs loss in 7 at home we shoulda won but choked

lost to cheat in covid bubble

beat cheat went on to finals

lost to cheat

here we go again!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264
Man, Draymond is such a tool. Get him off of TNT.

I strongly agree...

What did he say?

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264
JB with only 9 attempts this game.

• Johnny Most

I strongly agree...

What did he say?

flapping his gums trying to bait JT into looking ahead and giving others locker room material. dray is a thug and a tool
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 956
We'll probably still win this, but I'll be real, the last three 4th quarters this series have not been good. There will be games in the ECF and Finals that are super tight, and where we'll be very tested

I keep thinking about our potential problems when we get to the finals against an elite team.
But we will be in for the fight of our lives in the upcoming ECF vs either Knicks or Indy.

Celtics/Knicks in an ECF - Lawdy, the memories from the early 70's.

We'll beat a depleted Knicks team in no less than 5, just like we did in the regular season. We actually very well may sweep them given all the hype the New York Media Machine is putting on the Knicks undeservedly, such that we won't play down to the competition as much.

The question is- do the Celtics want an easy matchup or do they want to fight grit and earn it? Which of these two remaining teams pose that grit for them?

Can’t speak for the Celtics, but my heart would like you to know that it’s rooting for an easy one.

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • On To Banner 18!
As long as one of IND/NY or DEN/MIN goes 7, our series starts Tuesday. I expect that.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
JB said the cavs did everything to make him a distributor tonight

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519

I strongly agree...

What did he say?

flapping his gums trying to bait JT into looking ahead and giving others locker room material. dray is a thug and a tool

yeah, and Draymond is no fan of the Celtics, that is really clear.  he has an agenda

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2740
Ric Flair upset with Michell, LOL

""Sore calf? Really?" Flair tweeted. "You would think for 32 million dollars annual salary that you could have participated in the game tonight and represented Cleveland! I’ve wrestled in rotator cuffs, after almost dying from surgeries & airplane crashes, and never missed a match. "

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ric-flair-takes-exception-cavaliers-star-sitting-out-injury-playoffs

That's hilarious...but I thought BG Leprachaun was Ric Flair  ;)

Plane crashes?  Hardcore.

Now if only we could get Rick Flair to be the medical advisor for our opponents we'd be all set.

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 561
All the starters had at least 4 assists.  32 or 42 shots made were assisted.  52.5%
44.2%  83.3% shooting percentages.  43 to 28 rebound advantage.  Can't play much better than that.