Author Topic: Cavaliers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #5 5/15/24  (Read 16906 times)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time since 1986 that we have reached the conference finals with two losses or fewer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 956

There was an incredible show on A&E the other night about the Flair-Dusty Rhodes feud. Highly recommended for all children of the 80s.

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2517

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2740
Holiday has been so [dang] good in the last 3 games.  He had a quiet 1st half, but a great 2nd half.

Holliday and Horford were huge tonight. The old guys really want this and don't want to mess around.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Ric Flair upset with Michell, LOL

""Sore calf? Really?" Flair tweeted. "You would think for 32 million dollars annual salary that you could have participated in the game tonight and represented Cleveland! I’ve wrestled in rotator cuffs, after almost dying from surgeries & airplane crashes, and never missed a match. "

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ric-flair-takes-exception-cavaliers-star-sitting-out-injury-playoffs

That's hilarious...but I thought BG Leprachaun was Ric Flair  ;)

Plane crashes?  Hardcore.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
I wish I could say good win, but we got the win, Celtics advance!!!!
tps for everyone

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Now we hope the Pacers can win game 6

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time since 1986 that we have reached the conference finals with two losses or fewer.

You'd think we were already eliminated by some of the responses in this thread though.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
a win! a series clinching win! a win that gives the team days of rest! a win by 15 points!

color me happy when the celtics win. on to the ECF and tps for one and all for cheering on the celtics.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655
Ric Flair upset with Michell, LOL

""Sore calf? Really?" Flair tweeted. "You would think for 32 million dollars annual salary that you could have participated in the game tonight and represented Cleveland! I’ve wrestled in rotator cuffs, after almost dying from surgeries & airplane crashes, and never missed a match. "

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ric-flair-takes-exception-cavaliers-star-sitting-out-injury-playoffs

That's hilarious...but I thought BG Leprachaun was Ric Flair  ;)

:-X
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I guess the knock out game is always tough

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
We'll probably still win this, but I'll be real, the last three 4th quarters this series have not been good. There will be games in the ECF and Finals that are super tight, and where we'll be very tested

I keep thinking about our potential problems when we get to the finals against an elite team.
But we will be in for the fight of our lives in the upcoming ECF vs either Knicks or Indy.

Celtics/Knicks in an ECF - Lawdy, the memories from the early 70's.

We'll beat a depleted Knicks team in no less than 5, just like we did in the regular season. We actually very well may sweep them given all the hype the New York Media Machine is putting on the Knicks undeservedly, such that we won't play down to the competition as much.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I wish I could say good win, but we got the win, Celtics advance!!!!
tps for everyone

It took them a while, but at least they finally did play well. Also, we would have likely blown it open earlier if it weren't for stupid Marcus Morris. Those Luke Minutes were absolutely killer, too.

So I think in the end it was a good win, it just took longer than we would have preferred.

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 561
Holiday has been so [dang] good in the last 3 games.  He had a quiet 1st half, but a great 2nd half.

Holliday and Horford were huge tonight. The old guys really want this and don't want to mess around.
They're old.  They want a couple extra days rest. 

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
We'll probably still win this, but I'll be real, the last three 4th quarters this series have not been good. There will be games in the ECF and Finals that are super tight, and where we'll be very tested

I keep thinking about our potential problems when we get to the finals against an elite team.
But we will be in for the fight of our lives in the upcoming ECF vs either Knicks or Indy.

Celtics/Knicks in an ECF - Lawdy, the memories from the early 70's.

We'll beat a depleted Knicks team in no less than 5, just like we did in the regular season. We actually very well may sweep them given all the hype the New York Media Machine is putting on the Knicks undeservedly, such that we won't play down to the competition as much.
agreed and good points. as far as i can see this year the celtics are the elite team of the east. the real test will be in the finals. both denver and minnesota will be tough.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva