Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Cavaliers (1-2) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #4 5/13/24  (Read 13278 times)

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
Welp with Mitchell out If the Celtics find a way to lose this game it would be a new all time low

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2562
Mitchell out takes away the entire cavs offense. Now it falls on garland who I expect will be super aggressive.

Mobley will be aggressive too. And Dean Wade will go 8-10 from 3.

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979
Whoa. Nothing official but Fedor (reliable Cavs beat guy) seems to indicate Mitchell won’t play tonight. “Doesn’t look good”

That’s bad news for C’s , that their green light to coast like G league players and get trounced good.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Wow, that’s crazy. Must be pretty bad for him to not play in this kind of game.

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
He didn't do any workouts or warmups today. That doesn't seem like just a one game thing especially when you're already down 2-1 with a pivotal home game. Wonder if he also misses Game 5. Also may depend on the severity of that calf strain, which I assume they may do more testing on?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
That mug shoot line up for Cavs are hideous ugly .  ;)

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 718
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Garland, Strus and wade will be shooting a ton from 3.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3774
  • Yup
Mitchell out takes away the entire cavs offense. Now it falls on garland who I expect will be super aggressive.

Mobley will be aggressive too. And Dean Wade will go 8-10 from 3.

Quadruple double for Wade.
Yup

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3774
  • Yup
Seriously though.  That’s a bummer.  I really enjoy watching him play, and I think the Celts had this one in the bag regardless.  Don’t F around tonight. 
Yup

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Not gotta get over a slight calf strain in 2 days, if dies play, he won’t be the same player
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 947
Oh, great. We're playing their C-team, so we will go up by 30 and then manage to lose.  ;D

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I …….control the  remote tonight ….end of story.

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1406
https://x.com/timbontemps/status/1790032819189653719?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

No Donovan Mitchell or Jarrett Allen on the court here at Cavaliers shootaround when the media is let in. Both are questionable for tonight’s game - Mitchell with a calf strain, Allen with a bruised rib.

Really doubt we see Allen at all. Definitely expect Mitchell to play, but he very well may be limited, which for someone who relies on his athleticism as much as Mitchell is not great.

This is bad news for the Celtics. Our boys don't respond well to fortunate circumstances.

Mitchell is out, which could be disastrous for us...I was expecting a win with him playing. With him out our team of overconfident underachievers will probably take the Cavs too lightly and think it's an easy win when it's not and play too casual  :-\
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1406
I'm expecting Garland to have a huge game as our mentally soft team doesn't take him seriously  :(
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
I'm expecting Garland to have a huge game as our mentally soft team doesn't take him seriously  :(

Cavs fans have said Garland was playing well when D Mitchell was out but struggled to find his role since D Mitchell returned. Has been inconsistent ever since.

The story of his season = inconsistency. Except for that period when D Mitchell was out apparently.

Edit: Although looking at his game log, that does not appear to be true. His scoring is all over the place in games D Mitchell missed.