Author Topic: Celtics (1-1) at Cavaliers (1-1) Game #3 Eastern Conference Semifinals 5/11/24  (Read 12217 times)

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1019
As frustrating as the Game 2 loss was it only counts as 1, whether by 1 or by 30.

As bad as they looked, the team has demonstrated strong resilience after losses all season long (never lost 3 straight) and I don’t expect any different in Game 3.

This time they will be playing at the house of horrors in Cleveland

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 377
Ugh I developed a cold starting Wednesday and I think it's at its peak today. Guess there'll be a ton of naps, cold medications and just thinking about the days when I wasn't sick lol.

Don't like our chances tonight (15% chance to win) but boy if they do win I'd be ecstatic and it'd give me a nice adrenaline boost

how do we have a 15% chance to win?

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
Ugh I developed a cold starting Wednesday and I think it's at its peak today. Guess there'll be a ton of naps, cold medications and just thinking about the days when I wasn't sick lol.

Don't like our chances tonight (15% chance to win) but boy if they do win I'd be ecstatic and it'd give me a nice adrenaline boost

how do we have a 15% chance to win?

Oh that was my own opinion. I still pick BOS to win the series but really don't feel good about tonight
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 887
I am surprised by how many think we can’t or won’t win tonight. We are favored. We should expect to win. Not in the bag by any means, we still have to play well. But I see no reason to expect to lose.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2562
As always I don’t predict but Cs have been good after losses and I’m hopeful. 

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11860
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Official Report

Crew Chief - Zach Zarba 

Zarba has a home win/loss record of 42-29.  He calls 52% of fouls on the road team and 48% on the home team.  The Celtics are 8-2 in their last 10 games with Zarba, including the Cavs 105-104 win over the Celtics in the regular season.  The Cavs are 6-4 in their last 10 games with Zarba.  Zarba was the crew chief in Game 1 of Knicks/Pacers where they made a crucial bad call that pretty much cost the Pacers the game. 

Referee- James Williams

Williams has a home win/loss record of 43-27.  He calls 54% of fouls on the road team and 46% on the home team.  The Celtics are 5-5 in their last 10 games with Williams on the crew while the Cavs are 6-4 in their last 10 games with Williams. He called Game 4 at Miami in the first round.  Williams has faced criticism for making calls during games on consecutive nights this season, which added to a series of high-profile mistakes.

Umpire - Mark Lindsay

Lindsay has a home win/loss record of 39-28 this season.  He calls 49% of fouls on the road team and 51% on the home team.  The Celtics are 8-2 in their last 10 games with Lindsay, including Game 4 at Miami in the first round.  Cleveland are 7-3 in their last 10 games.  Lindsay was in the news this season for ejecting Nikola Jokic after just one technical for foul language.  He said that he felt that the language used deserved an ejection but by rule, it takes 2 technicals for an ejection. 

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1623
As frustrating as the Game 2 loss was it only counts as 1, whether by 1 or by 30.

As bad as they looked, the team has demonstrated strong resilience after losses all season long (never lost 3 straight) and I don’t expect any different in Game 3.

This time they will be playing at the house of horrors in Cleveland

yup. we are trash in that place. look at the record. i expect the cavs to be riding a high and being home after an upset that shoulda never happened. tonight will tell us what we are made of.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

• Bill Sharman
cavs are +250 moneyline to win. celtics are -310 to win straight up.

spread is celtics -7.5

or should i take cavs +7.5

This team seems to either win big or lose straight up.  seeing us win a close game is hard to believe since it has not happened all playoffs. I think i will take cavs ML. less risk and greater reward.

with a ML like that. i have no issue laying a few bucks on the cavs just as a hedge. if they lose fine, which we hope. if they win i win money without putting a bunch up because odds are so good.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Is Allen or Dean Wade playing?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1019

spread is celtics -7.5

This team seems to either win big or lose straight up.  seeing us win a close game is hard to believe since it has not happened all playoffs. I think i will take cavs ML. less risk and greater reward.

with a ML like that. i have no issue laying a few bucks on the cavs just as a hedge. if they lose fine, which we hope. if they win i win money without putting a bunch up because odds are so good.

I would probably take the points. Cavs home and they got the home cooking refs with Zach Zarba. Celtics need to split these road games at least..

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 716
  • MASTER OF PANIC

spread is celtics -7.5

Take the cavs. Home. Boston stinks in Cleveland. Cavs have all the momentum.

• Bill Sharman

spread is celtics -7.5

I would probably take the points. Cavs home and they got the home cooking refs with Zach Zarba. Celtics need to split these road games at least..

took ML. i will go back and take points @ -110 odds as a hedge. so if cavs do not win as long as they cover spread i get money back. good idea.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

• Bill Sharman

spread is celtics -7.5

Take the cavs. Home. Boston stinks in Cleveland. Cavs have all the momentum.

i did. did cavs ML and cavs +7.5 spread.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2731
Celtics by 20+ points tonight. I can't believe the insecurity some people have about this team on here.

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 716
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Celtics by 20+ points tonight. I can't believe the insecurity some people have about this team on here.

20 plus!! Wowza. I will be thrilled with just a win in general.