Author Topic: Celtics (1-1) at Cavaliers (1-1) Game #3 Eastern Conference Semifinals 5/11/24  (Read 13886 times)

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 434
Ugh late game thanks NBA!! Should flip flop OKC-Mavs game & they out in Midwest’s timezone
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 434
Cavs 111- Celtics 104…please let me be wrong!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 381
as long as we don't shoot 21% from 3 while they shoot 51% and we play tough defense i'm expecting a good win tonight.

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 381
Any word on Jarrett Allen? I haven't seen anything. I presume he is still out.

I have to admit his return would make me nervous. I am not concerned about Gm 2's defeat. We are much better than them and this current CLE team is not a threat to beat us in a playoff series. I do think this team with Jarrett Allen could be though. Only because we are weakened due to the loss of Porzingis.

Anyway, no Jarrett Allen as far as we know. I feel good about Gm 3 being a win. I wouldn't be surprised if we win both games on their home floor and come home up 3-1 to win the series.

hasn't been on the court and supposedly still cant lift his arms above his head. i'm guessing he is out a loong time, probably the series and this is gamesmanship.

a rib contusion is very painful.

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
I take any playoff game against any playoff team seriously. Especially on the other team’s home court. But I still believe the Celtics are the better team. I expect them to win. Cleveland is a much better team than the Miami team we faced last round. I think people forgot that after that first win.  Beating Cleveland is not going to be easy.

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!
Road game 3, 1-1, Saturday Night primetime. Idk if I can watch this live, my anxiety levels will be through the roof if I do

How are you going to watch the Finals if you are this nervous about Game 3 of only the second round

I'll probably be in and out with that too  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I need to see a Celtics response today that looks like what Denver did last night.

Hoping for the best but I expect a Cavs win tonight.

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1038
I need to see a Celtics response today that looks like what Denver did last night.

Hoping for the best but I expect a Cavs win tonight.

Problem is Denver was in desperation mode. C’s aren’t, and we all know by now how they play when they aren’t.

CELTICS 2024

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655
we are absolutely getting shredded in the media.

"what happened to the celtics?"

" what is going on with that home performnace?"

one guy is saying there is no excuse for that type of showing at home. this group has been together 7 years aka JT and JB.

really makes you wonder. FTR, i absolutely DO NOT put all the blame on Joe even as bad as he is. The elephant in the room very well could be issues with JB and JT on getting to the next level.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!
Ugh I developed a cold starting Wednesday and I think it's at its peak today. Guess there'll be a ton of naps, cold medications and just thinking about the days when I wasn't sick lol.

Don't like our chances tonight (15% chance to win) but boy if they do win I'd be ecstatic and it'd give me a nice adrenaline boost
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

• Johnny Most
Road game 3, 1-1, Saturday Night primetime. Idk if I can watch this live, my anxiety levels will be through the roof if I do

How are you going to watch the Finals if you are this nervous about Game 3 of only the second round

I'll probably be in and out with that too  :P

jeez. you woulda never made it attending the nailbiting college football and baseball games i have attended and watched the last 25 years.  :)

the soft mentality of our team needs to be put to rest.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

• Johnny Most
i will watch the game but i will expect the worst and hope for the best.

we have seen this too many times from the boys now so it is basically impossible to predict what team shows up. may as well get a magic 8 ball and use that for a prediction.

ok i just played it online and asked if the celts win tonight. IT SAID YES!

https://magic-8ball.com/
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
Ugh I developed a cold starting Wednesday and I think it's at its peak today. Guess there'll be a ton of naps, cold medications and just thinking about the days when I wasn't sick lol.

Don't like our chances tonight (15% chance to win) but boy if they do win I'd be ecstatic and it'd give me a nice adrenaline boost
You and me both. I started feeling better today but the last two days sucked.
Feel better soon! Celtics win tonight can’t hurt

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i will watch the game but i will expect the worst and hope for the best.

we have seen this too many times from the boys now so it is basically impossible to predict what team shows up. may as well get a magic 8 ball and use that for a prediction.

ok i just played it online and asked if the celts win tonight. IT SAID YES!

https://magic-8ball.com/

This is my feeling also. I will be really happy if they win but I just don't trust this team anymore.

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
As frustrating as the Game 2 loss was it only counts as 1, whether by 1 or by 30.

As bad as they looked, the team has demonstrated strong resilience after losses all season long (never lost 3 straight) and I don’t expect any different in Game 3.