Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (Update: Dislocated Tendon)  (Read 97830 times)

G-Bones, heyvik, A Future of Stevens, greg683x, Atzar, Boris Badenov, 86MaxwellSmart and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #420 on: May 26, 2024, 09:32:34 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
Porzingis vs Dallas! I can see that!

He'd be a matchup nightmare for Dallas and probably really swing the pendulum in our favor if he plays.

cannot take anyone lightly its the finals  ;)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #421 on: May 26, 2024, 09:38:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3091
  • On To Banner 18!

He'd be a matchup nightmare for Dallas and probably really swing the pendulum in our favor if he plays.

Whoever said that is clearly a genius  ;)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #422 on: May 27, 2024, 12:16:11 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
Was there any doubt he would be out? Celtics are 3-0

« Reply #423 on: May 27, 2024, 07:38:35 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1216
The fact that they already ruled him out more than 24 hours before the game seems telling. Not even doubtful or questionable, straight up "OUT". Really doesn't sound like someone who will even be available for Game 5.

I still think ultimately, he either comes back for a potential Game 6 if it gets there + there's some desperation from Boston at that point, or simply he comes back Game 1 of the Finals which is still 10 days away.

I won't lie though, I'm starting to also fear they haven't been honest this whole time and KP's injury is really severe, to the point where he might not even be available at the beginning of the Finals. It's not like the Celtics medical staff is perfect (look at the Timelord, Isaiah Thomas, etc. situations)

It either means that he wasn't really gonna be ready for game 4, or that the reasons he's sitting out are non-medical (i.e. it's because we're up 3-0)

Just like there's situations in the regular season where someone would be playing if it were the playoffs, this might be a situation where he would be playing if it were a tight series
I'm bitter.

« Reply #424 on: May 27, 2024, 08:13:49 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Calf muscle takes awhile to heal & Porzingus won’t be till start of next season, but how serious is it & it’s up to him to tell the Celtics if he can play or not..look at Joe Burrow last season, took him bout 8 weeks to get fully healthy
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #425 on: May 27, 2024, 08:54:19 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
if we were 2-1 or 1-2 he might be playing. but at 3-0 theres honestly just no purpose to play him at all.

I do get the rust vs. rest argument. but the more i think about it. imagine if they brought him out for 15 minutes and he re-aggrivated it or sprained an ankle in a 3-0 series....fans here would admonish joe and the celtics staff.

unless something drastically changed from Woj's reporting a week ago I think they are being very cautious with him. they know they will need him to play in the finals to win.

i'm just not sure why a week ago they were showing all these on court workout videos and shooting half court shots. and now they hiding him basically.

« Reply #426 on: May 27, 2024, 09:40:18 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
if we were 2-1 or 1-2 he might be playing. but at 3-0 theres honestly just no purpose to play him at all.

I do get the rust vs. rest argument. but the more i think about it. imagine if they brought him out for 15 minutes and he re-aggrivated it or sprained an ankle in a 3-0 series....fans here would admonish joe and the celtics staff.

unless something drastically changed from Woj's reporting a week ago I think they are being very cautious with him. they know they will need him to play in the finals to win.

i'm just not sure why a week ago they were showing all these on court workout videos and shooting half court shots. and now they hiding him basically.

Probably playing mind games with the Mavs  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #427 on: May 27, 2024, 10:24:35 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 757
  • MASTER OF PANIC
KP is absolutely needed vs the Mavs because he can draw out Lively and Gafford from under the rim where they are not good defenders at all.

Also allows the bench to be stronger with Al coming in.

Also with Dallas not having a 5 that shoots 3's it allows the Cs to plant KP in the paint at a true rim protector esp when Luka and Kyrie drive.

« Reply #428 on: May 27, 2024, 11:16:23 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3091
  • On To Banner 18!
Porzingis at shootaround still doing nothing and basically just walking around or observing.

Feels like he's still a week away. June 6 is the date to circle probably.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #429 on: May 27, 2024, 11:47:22 AM »

• Johnny Most
Porzingis at shootaround still doing nothing and basically just walking around or observing.

Feels like he's still a week away. June 6 is the date to circle probably.

it is called the ali rope a dope

they are foolin you

i guarantee he is shooting at the facility in bawstin with nobody watching. he wont do it in opposing arena or pre game. he will be ready for finals. they are just making sure he is 100% ready is my guess. its obvious now they will not risk him in this series
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #430 on: May 27, 2024, 01:24:30 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 205
KP is absolutely needed vs the Mavs because he can draw out Lively and Gafford from under the rim where they are not good defenders at all.

Also with Dallas not having a 5 that shoots 3's it allows the Cs to plant KP in the paint at a true rim protector esp when Luka and Kyrie drive.

Am I the only one who thinks we can beat Dallas without porzingis? Might take 7 and there’s no guarantee but idk I’m not counting on much from porzingis

« Reply #431 on: May 27, 2024, 02:10:23 PM »

• Johnny Most

Whoever said that is clearly a genius  ;)

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #432 on: May 27, 2024, 04:43:24 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 757
  • MASTER OF PANIC
PP said today at shoot around that KP looks good and will be back shortly...

« Reply #433 on: May 27, 2024, 04:56:15 PM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 355
PP said today at shoot around that KP looks good and will be back shortly...

I feel like people on the team said that a couple weeks ago

« Reply #434 on: May 27, 2024, 04:59:32 PM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151

Am I the only one who thinks we can beat Dallas without porzingis? Might take 7 and there’s no guarantee but idk I’m not counting on much from porzingis

Let's beat Indiana first. We could be 1-2 if we didn't catch some breaks.