Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (Update: Dislocated Tendon)  (Read 97943 times)

rocknrollforyoursoul, hwangjini_1 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #405 on: May 26, 2024, 03:59:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3091
  • On To Banner 18!
I WILL BET DOLLARS TO DONUTS kp has been doing work in a gym privately with doctors watching.

when we pull the trigger on him to return HE WILL BE READY

book it

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #406 on: May 26, 2024, 04:03:03 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
I haven’t had a donut in a while but donuts are dang good. Not so much Dunkin (I’m good with their coffee) but good bakery donuts.  Dang.  A chocolate honey dipped. Or a maple frosted. Yeah, I’d like one now. 

« Reply #407 on: May 26, 2024, 04:21:32 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
TINGUS PINGUS!
👏🏾👏🏾

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #408 on: May 26, 2024, 04:22:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
I haven’t had a donut in a while but donuts are dang good. Not so much Dunkin (I’m good with their coffee) but good bakery donuts.  Dang.  A chocolate honey dipped. Or a maple frosted. Yeah, I’d like one now.

Butternut. Coconut. Maple Frosted. Those are my top-3. I love seasonal ones too like when Dunkin sells cake batter ones.

I wish Massachusetts also had Krispy Kreme. It's mostly just Dunkins, Blackbird and maybe a few local bakery ones like you said. Though the latter tend to be a bit more expensive but worth it.

« Reply #409 on: May 26, 2024, 05:08:56 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 757
  • MASTER OF PANIC
No KP tomorrow

« Reply #410 on: May 26, 2024, 05:18:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
Hmmm, KP out again. Hard to know what to make of this - if we’re just shelving him and making sure he’s a full 100% before returning knowing we’re up 3-0, or if he’s really not ready to come back.

« Reply #411 on: May 26, 2024, 05:21:54 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 757
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Hmmm, KP out again. Hard to know what to make of this - if we’re just shelving him and making sure he’s a full 100% before returning knowing we’re up 3-0, or if he’s really not ready to come back.

The 3-0 lead allows you to be more cautious with him. Win tomorrow and you have until June 6th as extra rest and to reintroduce him to the team

« Reply #412 on: May 26, 2024, 05:41:35 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 580
Well if the Celtics win tomorrow and close out the series that means as a team they'll have 10 days of rest before the start of the NBA finals on June 6th. That would be 5.5 weeks (38 days) after KP's injury.

The NBA final games are also a lot more spread out. Usually every third day rather than every other day, which is probably better for KP and Al.

« Reply #413 on: May 26, 2024, 06:00:40 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583

Butternut. Coconut. Maple Frosted. Those are my top-3. I love seasonal ones too like when Dunkin sells cake batter ones.

I wish Massachusetts also had Krispy Kreme. It's mostly just Dunkins, Blackbird and maybe a few local bakery ones like you said. Though the latter tend to be a bit more expensive but worth it.

Back to the important side topic, speaking of maple frosted… when I was a kid there was a bakery in the center of town that made maple frosted eclairs. Freshly baked.  They were phenomenal. It closed probably 40+ years ago. I haven’t seen a maple frosted eclair since (at least I can’t recall). But I have the memory. 

« Reply #414 on: May 26, 2024, 07:40:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
The fact that they already ruled him out more than 24 hours before the game seems telling. Not even doubtful or questionable, straight up "OUT". Really doesn't sound like someone who will even be available for Game 5.

I still think ultimately, he either comes back for a potential Game 6 if it gets there + there's some desperation from Boston at that point, or simply he comes back Game 1 of the Finals which is still 10 days away.

I won't lie though, I'm starting to also fear they haven't been honest this whole time and KP's injury is really severe, to the point where he might not even be available at the beginning of the Finals. It's not like the Celtics medical staff is perfect (look at the Timelord, Isaiah Thomas, etc. situations)

« Reply #415 on: May 26, 2024, 07:57:46 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 205
The fact that they already ruled him out more than 24 hours before the game seems telling. Not even doubtful or questionable, straight up "OUT". Really doesn't sound like someone who will even be available for Game 5.

I still think ultimately, he either comes back for a potential Game 6 if it gets there + there's some desperation from Boston at that point, or simply he comes back Game 1 of the Finals which is still 10 days away.

I won't lie though, I'm starting to also fear they haven't been honest this whole time and KP's injury is really severe, to the point where he might not even be available at the beginning of the Finals. It's not like the Celtics medical staff is perfect (look at the Timelord, Isaiah Thomas, etc. situations)
Yup!
Celtics need to be focused on winning the title without porzingis and I think they are…I’m not counting on him at all at this point, way too sketchy

« Reply #416 on: May 26, 2024, 08:16:59 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1672
No KP tomorrow

saw that

why not list him as doubtful? to keep indy prepared?

IMMA just say he will not play until the finals now.

lets close this out in 4 or 5.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #417 on: May 26, 2024, 08:28:08 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1672

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2024, 09:15:12 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 990
Porzingis vs Dallas! I can see that!

« Reply #419 on: May 26, 2024, 09:30:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
Porzingis vs Dallas! I can see that!

He'd be a matchup nightmare for Dallas and probably really swing the pendulum in our favor if he plays.