Author Topic: Celtics (29-8) at Bucks (25-12) Game #38 1/11/24  (Read 12295 times)

Re: Celtics (29-8) at Bucks (25-12) Game #38 1/11/24
« Reply #255 on: January 12, 2024, 08:11:17 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 746
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Bucks fans acting abit ridiculous on twitter. Congrats you beat a Celtics team coming off a back to back that played 5 games in 7 nights. You are still in #2

Celtics shot 32% and6% from 3. Clearly it’s an outlier game

We’ll see when we meet again in March. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them slip again on this upcoming tough schedule for Milwaukee. Golden state, Sacramento kings, cavs.

They quickly forget that the Celtics beat them by 41 last season. Bucks still have some serious defensive issues to work out. I do not think the Cs will ever shoot 6 percent from 3 in a game again.

« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2024, 08:19:08 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 388
Everyone still just making excuses?

Celtics wanted this game which I’m assuming is why they didn’t play Porzingis against Minnesota. He was fresh and ready to go against Milwaukee. We got absolutely smoked.
Milwaukee is a legitimate threat and if it comes to a 7 game series people need to stop pretending as if they wouldn’t have a chance. Laughable.

Who has said they wouldn't have a chance IN A 7 GAME SERIES? Celtics got beat. It happens. They play 82 games. These happen. Just move on. It is January. Can you remember any of the games from last January?

We get it. You have more faith in the Bucks than the Celtics. Cool.

My guess is if the Bucks had played a back to back and been beaten badly by Boston last night with Boston having several days off at home to rest and prepare..and the Bucks playing their 5th game in 7 days (most of them on the road), you would have given the Bucks the benefit of the doubt and downplayed the C's big win.

Last season Boston beat the Bucks by 41 in March. So games like this do happen.

Every weakness/loss by the bucks is filled with excuses. and yet any loss by the celtics is some huge "see! i was right!" no need to worry about the bucks defense being porous yet this game shows something!

no excuses allowed for the celtics unless they go 82-0. but Bucks are granted carte blanche.

no one is saying Bucks dont have a chance in a 7 game series.

BUT to say we have to ignore factors like celtics shooting 32% and 6% from 3.  playing 5 games in 7 nights and a back to back after a tough OT win where our starters played 45minutes having any factor on the game is just ridiculous.

anyone with eyes can see we looked lethargic and tired. and shots we usually hit were all front rimming.

« Reply #257 on: January 12, 2024, 08:58:04 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 199

Celtics wanted this game which I’m assuming is why they didn’t play Porzingis against Minnesota. He was fresh and ready to go against Milwaukee. We got absolutely smoked.
Milwaukee is a legitimate threat and if it comes to a 7 game series people need to stop pretending as if they wouldn’t have a chance. Laughable.

Who has said they wouldn't have a chance IN A 7 GAME SERIES? Celtics got beat. It happens. They play 82 games. These happen. Just move on. It is January. Can you remember any of the games from last January?

My guess is if the Bucks had played a back to back and been beaten badly by Boston last night with Boston having several days off at home to rest and prepare..and the Bucks playing their 5th game in 7 days (most of them on the road), you would have given the Bucks the benefit of the doubt and downplayed the C's big win.

The general consensus in the media and with a lot of fans seems to be the Celtics are light years ahead of the bucks and the bucks stink.
Is that what we thought last year when they coasted to the best record? Of course not.
The teams are evenly matched and if they match up in the playoffs it’s gonna be a knock down drag out 7 game series

« Reply #258 on: January 12, 2024, 09:01:11 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
  • International Superstar

The general consensus in the media and with a lot of fans seems to be the Celtics are light years ahead of the bucks and the bucks stink.
Is that what we thought last year when they coasted to the best record? Of course not.
The teams are evenly matched and if they match up in the playoffs it’s gonna be a knock down drag out 7 game series

Possibly. But I don't think that this game is any definitive proof of that.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #259 on: January 12, 2024, 09:01:39 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 746
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Why does it bother you so much what anyone thinks of the Bucks? Are you a Bucks fan? Who cares what the media and fans think. They don't play the games. Celtics will not take the Bucks lightly in the playoffs. They never have.

I mean everything I have seen says the ECF will be Boston v the Bucks. Do I think in a 7 game series Boston will win?  Absolutely. I think that is not unreasonable to say.

But last night has zero to do with that. The Celtics beat the Heat up multiple times last regular season and lost that series. The Celtics beat the Bucks twice last year. They have already beaten them this year.

Regular season results have very little impact on a playoff series.

« Reply #260 on: January 12, 2024, 09:04:40 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
  • International Superstar
I will say that the Bucks will almost certainly beat the Celtics in any game where Payton Prichard is the Celtic with the most minutes played when the final whistle blows.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #261 on: January 12, 2024, 09:21:22 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3077
  • On To Banner 18!
One of those nights. Not worried. We went from 1st in the East to still 1st, and had a pretty tough stretch before it (5 games in 7 days including a 2 road games with Indiana, then Minny + Milwaukee). Next 3 are easy games (Houston, Toronto, San Antonio), just keep going.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #262 on: January 12, 2024, 10:27:04 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
Even really good teams lose a lot of road games along the way, especially against other top teams.  Granted, usually not be 40 points, but no one would have penciled this in as an expected win at the start of the season.  We are now 11-9 on the road, about what all the other top teams are, better than most actually.

« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2024, 10:32:58 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 960
One of those nights. Not worried. We went from 1st in the East to still 1st, and had a pretty tough stretch before it (5 games in 7 days including a 2 road games with Indiana, then Minny + Milwaukee). Next 3 are easy games (Houston, Toronto, San Antonio), just keep going.

Look on the bright side: No matter what our record is and how many games we win/lose between now and the end of the year, we know Miami will somehow be our opponent in the first round of the playoffs.

Mike

« Reply #264 on: January 12, 2024, 10:49:37 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 618

It's one ****g game. The Celtics have a much better body of work than Milwaukee.

If Boston losing to Milwaukee is meaningful as much as you think, what did the Bucks' losses to Houston and Utah say?
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2024, 11:55:56 AM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 106
I've gotten more worked up about narrow wins than I am about this one.  On to the next one.

« Reply #266 on: January 12, 2024, 12:23:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3077
  • On To Banner 18!
I usually don't mind all the debates and opinions but boy, if this is how rowdy a few people are getting just for a January game, I can't imagine playoff time  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #267 on: January 12, 2024, 12:37:54 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 983
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Didn't watch except for 5 minutes of the 1st quarter. It was clear they didn't have it and Joe seemed to agree by benching the starters for the 2nd half. I give credit to Joe for not allowing the Bucks legitimately celebrate beating the C's at full strength. Because of that, I don't take anything from this game.

« Reply #268 on: January 12, 2024, 12:55:50 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 578
Welp, that was a butt-whooping, plain and simple. There was obviously a huge rest disadvantage in that game, but even accounting for that it was REAL bad.

That said, burn the tape and move on. That was the first stinker the C's have thrown up all year, and every team should be allowed a couple before we freak out about it. Lets see how they respond.

« Reply #269 on: January 12, 2024, 01:14:16 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
The “It’s a make or miss league” statement never wrang more true. We literally could not hit the broad side of a barn last night. No one could shoot. Meanwhile the Bucks shooting oercwntages were ridiculously high across the board.

Normally this kind of loss to a rival and potential ECF match up would really irk me but this one is just a write off game in my mind.

Move on to the next…. I don’t take much out of the game other than it was probably our worst shooting night of the season and the Bucks were incredibly fired up and under pressure to be hyper focused after Giannis went off after their last loss.