Author Topic: Jaylen Brown appreciation thread  (Read 41513 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown appreciation thread
« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2024, 10:11:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
All things great

« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2024, 09:23:11 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 578
For all the talk about Tatum, Horford and others, Jaylen has been absolutely balling this postseason. Averaging around 25 PPG on 54% shooting(!), and shooting 37% from 3 which might also be a bit skewed because he had one game against Miami where he was like 1-8. He's been a beast and has been consistent too. The mid-range has been lethal.

Honestly, forget Tatum vs. Ant. Is Ant better than Jaylen? Jaylen also has a lethal mid-range game and plays elite defense too. I'm definitely half-joking but again, JB has been awesome this postseason. Even defensively he's stepped up along with Jrue Holiday and locked down other stars.

I know you said you were half joking, but I’ve been watching both conference finals. So far Brown has definitely been more impressive. Ant really didn’t do much last night. I haven’t watched enough of him to make a decision on him yet. But judging from these games, which tells me if you can step up, I’d have to take Brown.
If only he didn’t make me so nervous when he’s at the free throw line

« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2024, 04:38:59 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 330
JB and JT are awesome. The Celtics are fortunate to have two of the top wings in the game, on top of having the best defensive backcourt. We’re not far away from adding the tallest guy left in the playoffs who is also a good shooter. Let’s go Celtics.

« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2024, 09:56:06 PM »

Online LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 401
For all the talk about Tatum, Horford and others, Jaylen has been absolutely balling this postseason. Averaging around 25 PPG on 54% shooting(!), and shooting 37% from 3 which might also be a bit skewed because he had one game against Miami where he was like 1-8. He's been a beast and has been consistent too. The mid-range has been lethal.

Honestly, forget Tatum vs. Ant. Is Ant better than Jaylen? Jaylen also has a lethal mid-range game and plays elite defense too. I'm definitely half-joking but again, JB has been awesome this postseason. Even defensively he's stepped up along with Jrue Holiday and locked down other stars.

I know you said you were half joking, but I’ve been watching both conference finals. So far Brown has definitely been more impressive. Ant really didn’t do much last night. I haven’t watched enough of him to make a decision on him yet. But judging from these games, which tells me if you can step up, I’d have to take Brown.
If only he didn’t make me so nervous when he’s at the free throw line

Antman has gone from rated to overrated real quick. Lots of excuses for his underwhelming performance the past few games. Even his game 7 against Denver was a stinker
- LilRip

« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2024, 12:16:08 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 628
Crazy dunk on Turner tonight. Jaylens finishing is stellar right now.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2024, 06:01:00 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 204

Just last season Jaylen was widely accepted as better than “ant man” and was second team all nba while ant wasn’t all nba at all…in my opinion Jaylen got better this year and somehow they swapped. “Ant man” second team Jaylen off altogether.
To me they’re more comparable then Tatum/edwards

« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2024, 10:54:55 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Series MVP Jaylen Brown.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2024, 10:55:47 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2186
Series MVP Jaylen Brown.

Been awesome the entire playoffs.  And Dallas doesn't have anyone who can guard him.

« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2024, 10:57:21 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
Series MVP Jaylen Brown.

Does he impact winning, though?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2024, 10:58:28 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
If we win NBA Finals I'll remove my #JTJB sig. But I still expect Brown to perform at a high rate in the Finals, keep making big plays and all. Winning the ECF MVP is trivial matter, the next trophy is the important one  :P

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2024, 10:58:59 PM »

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55
According to Wikipedia, he just won the eastern conference, MVP. Congrats to JB!

« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2024, 10:59:24 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Series MVP Jaylen Brown.

Does he impact winning, though?

Team plays better with him on the bench, I've read.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2024, 11:00:47 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
If we win NBA Finals I'll remove my #JTJB sig. But I still expect Brown to perform at a high rate in the Finals, keep making big plays and all. Winning the ECF MVP is trivial matter, the next trophy is the important one  :P

Trading JB just seems like a laughable concept at the moment.

« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2024, 11:08:11 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 770
His competitive edge was pretty awesome in this series, and this season so far. His defense has been really good, and I love the bully ball he and Tatum used against the Pacers defenders.

« Reply #179 on: May 27, 2024, 11:19:18 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419

Since the opposite of everything you’ve said has happened, Sparz, please please please don’t remove your sig for the next series  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D