Author Topic: Nets (4-4) at Celtics (5-2) Game #8 11/10/23  (Read 12054 times)

Re: Nets (4-4) at Celtics (5-2) Game #8 11/10/23
« Reply #270 on: November 10, 2023, 09:58:04 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1883
Jrue 1 assist short of a triple double.  No turnovers.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #271 on: November 10, 2023, 09:58:22 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2186
JB and KP didn't have to play in the 4th at all.  I like that a lot.  Especially for KP.  Need to manage the regular season wear and tear as much as possible.

« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2023, 09:59:20 PM »

Online Silas

• Ed Macauley
and Al should be ready tomorrow.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2023, 09:59:59 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Jrue 1 assist short of a triple double.  No turnovers.

He's flirted with a triple double a few times this season. He'll get one. I love the all-around impact he's having.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2023, 10:01:35 PM »

Online Silas

• Ed Macauley
Sam with a great game off the bench...24min, 15pts,5/10 from 3 and 0 turnovers.

« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2023, 10:03:41 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501
37 points from the bench tonight…  8)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2023, 10:06:00 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1274
TPs all! That was a fun game.

« Reply #277 on: November 10, 2023, 10:06:03 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2186
Another shoutout to Kornet since I'm hard on him.  He had a rough 1st half but a very good and impactful 2nd half.  I thought the small ball lineup worked well, especially defensively, and didn't want Kornet to play again this game after the 1st half.  But Joe made a good decision to put him back in.

« Reply #278 on: November 10, 2023, 10:10:34 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Role players often play better at home, but it was still very good to see big games from Pritchard and Hauser.
Those two being consistent contributors would be huge for this team.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #279 on: November 11, 2023, 09:43:39 AM »

Online smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 630
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I've missed most of the game, however I see that Kornet has 9 rebs. in 17 min.  Lot's of complaining before the game about his lack of rebounding.  Looks like he and PP had decent games.

I think you’re lumping me in with other Luke haters. I think Luke is fine as a 3rd center, I just don’t want to rely on him. I did call out his rebounding, but I specifically meant defensive rebounding, he’s actually quite a good offensive rebounder. 6 of his 9 boards were offensive tonight, so 3 DRebs in 17 mins doesn’t change my mind.

But he played great and if he contributes scoring at the rim and offensive rebounding, then his mediocre defensive rebounding is ok. It’s just the times he doesn’t give you those things where you’re in trouble.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #280 on: November 11, 2023, 10:28:21 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
I've missed most of the game, however I see that Kornet has 9 rebs. in 17 min.  Lot's of complaining before the game about his lack of rebounding.  Looks like he and PP had decent games.

I think you’re lumping me in with other Luke haters. I think Luke is fine as a 3rd center, I just don’t want to rely on him. I did call out his rebounding, but I specifically meant defensive rebounding, he’s actually quite a good offensive rebounder. 6 of his 9 boards were offensive tonight, so 3 DRebs in 17 mins doesn’t change my mind.

But he played great and if he contributes scoring at the rim and offensive rebounding, then his mediocre defensive rebounding is ok. It’s just the times he doesn’t give you those things where you’re in trouble.

Well that's not me. I hate Kornet being the 3rd center a lot. He's probably talking about me lol.

I know we didn't have much of a choice since Timelord was kinda traded last minute, and Griffin is still "seemingly retired" I guess. But Brad HAS to get another big man. If we're going into the playoffs with Kornet as our 3rd big we are so screwed. I love Horford but he's 37 and even last season we saw glimpses of him getting fatigued and not himself after April which didn't help. Even off the bench I don't think we can rely on him a ton like we could maybe 2-3 years ago. Not to say he can't impact games still but I wouldn't just be banking on that either.

Ideally maybe Griffin comes back on a vet. min to "ring chase" later in the season, and we add a big at the deadline and so Kornet is rightfully the 4th/5th big on the team. I'm also curious to see how Queta looks but so far he's been hurt...

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #281 on: November 11, 2023, 10:39:33 AM »

Online Silas

• Ed Macauley

Well that's not me. I hate Kornet being the 3rd center a lot. He's probably talking about me lol.

I know we didn't have much of a choice since Timelord was kinda traded last minute, and Griffin is still "seemingly retired" I guess. But Brad HAS to get another big man. If we're going into the playoffs with Kornet as our 3rd big we are so screwed. I love Horford but he's 37 and even last season we saw glimpses of him getting fatigued and not himself after April which didn't help. Even off the bench I don't think we can rely on him a ton like we could maybe 2-3 years ago. Not to say he can't impact games still but I wouldn't just be banking on that either.

Ideally maybe Griffin comes back on a vet. min to "ring chase" later in the season, and we add a big at the deadline and so Kornet is rightfully the 4th/5th big on the team. I'm also curious to see how Queta looks but so far he's been hurt...

I agree with both of you to some extent, but hate is a powerfully strong verb, and one I don't like to use.  As I said yesterday before the game, Luke is our 3rd string center and management likes him.  Like you both, I would prefer a better center if one was available.   I'm still ready to thank Luke for his time with the Celtics and say goodbye.

« Reply #282 on: November 11, 2023, 10:42:00 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!

I agree with both of you to some extent, but hate is a powerfully strong verb, and one I don't like to use.  As I said yesterday before the game, Luke is our 3rd string center and management likes him.  Like you both, I would prefer a better center if one was available.   I'm still ready to thank Luke for his time with the Celtics and say goodbye.

It's early but I'm still wondering who potential trade targets could be. We certainly have a lot of 2nd round picks + TPE(s) to dangle. There were a handful of options last year too and we got Muscala, though for some reason he like almost never played after the All-Star Break
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #283 on: November 11, 2023, 04:26:34 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

I agree.  Can't enter the playoffs without another big, one who is clearly better than Kornet.

« Reply #284 on: November 11, 2023, 04:37:12 PM »

Online smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 630
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

I agree.  Can't enter the playoffs without another big, one who is clearly better than Kornet.

Yeah, I’m fine with him as our 3rd center, but as a 3rd big he is way out of his depth.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07