Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Wizards (1-1) Game #3 10/30/23  (Read 12635 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Wizards (1-1) Game #3 10/30/23
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2023, 11:34:42 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1478
Silas should go to every game

I 2nd that

Just got home.  I third that.  The first 3 quarters were great, our 6 starters all looked good.  The bench really sucked, especially Kornet and Banton.  PP missed all his shots but played hard and had 7 reb and 6 assists.  Not great but ok.  Sam played strong defense and had 8 rebs.  Both Sam and Payton will eventually make their 3s but they didn't tonight.  All in all it was a great 3 quarters to watch in person.  The Cs are one hell of a strong team.  Just need some work on the bench.

How did Gallinari look?

Not that good.  Seemed slow and I think missed all his shots.  I was not impressed, although he looked better than Kornet.

So did my grandfather
so does mine, and he's dead.

Brutal…  :laugh: TP
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2023, 11:43:57 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1701
A 'morning after' thought:  one of the most interesting things about last night's game for me was seeing KP actively looking for Tatum on offense.  Zinger is not known as a passer, and that's putting it quite charitably.  So watching him find Tatum on a cross-court skip pass for an easy three, and then feed him on a backdoor cut for a layup-and-one in the next possession, is very encouraging.  We put a ton of talent on the floor, and team-first play like this will maximize it.  I hope all of our guys start finding little synergies together as the year goes on.  I've already been impressed with the way White and Jrue seem to feed off of each other.

« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2023, 12:06:10 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
who on the bench played well apart from stevens, I was looking at Payton Stats he grabbed like 6 rebounds and had like d dimes. Hauser is kinda of annoying does not  have any type of offensive game outside 3s. can't even fake the 3 and pull up for mid range. his rebounding and defense are good though. Oshe omg when he shoots i wanna scream but hes good at crashing the class but dang, Stevens needs more PT. Baton just looks like a player that needs to go to Maine but hes in the league for like 3 years. :( , the drop off from the staters to the bench is scary.     

« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2023, 01:02:32 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
This team is incredible! And it’s amazing how high the IQ is on the floor. JB has the lowest BB IQ among our top 6 but he’s got skills in spades, which more than makes up for it when he finds himself in 1v1 situations or with easy outlets. And having Horford come off the bench is huge as well. It makes a big diff when the first guy off your bench is that caliber

I think once we hit midseason form, this team will CLEARLY be the team to beat in the East.
- LilRip

« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2023, 03:59:05 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2562
Despite the dominance, it’s annoying watching them heave threes. Just move the ball. This regression is what lets teams back in. Probably won’t happen tonight - but an opportunity to just close the door which they didn’t do very often last years.

Just hate to see that Mazzulla is doubling down on a failed offensive philosophy, meaning his opinion that more 3's = more wins.

Celts shot 53 three-pointers tonite and barely get to the free-throw line.
Worked out great with a big win against a bad team early in the regular season.

My only perspective is - how is what we are doing going to serve us in the playoffs ?

Not good unless they shoot 40+% every game.

Mostly - it’s about culture and mindset which should reflect defensive intensity and ball movement - working for the best offensive opportunities.