Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 137797 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2023, 05:56:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3063
  • On To Banner 18!
Gary Washburn: Mazzulla said Tatum is day to day with his sprained ankle. Wouldn’t project a potential return date. #Celtics play the #Clippers on Saturday. – via Twitter GwashburnGlobe

Rolled ankles could take at least 2 weeks to get back at 100% huh  :(

I'd be perfectly fine if we don't see him until January.

It's all about April and beyond. Stay healthy but also stay as fresh as possible. No need for anyone to feel "fatigued" or "worn down" by April.

!!!! I'm taking my son to a game in Boston a week from today. I hope he's back!

SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE!

:laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2023, 11:07:34 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2043
The Jays are struggling from 3 in December.  Tatum shooting just 30.8% on 3s.  Brown at 30.4%. 

Tatum in general has had a rough December.  Scoring is down, FG% is just 43.5%.  Brown on the other hand has been playing well, shooting at almost 54% despite struggling from 3. 

I'd really like to see less difficult iso and step back 3's from the Jays.  We have too much talent to settle for those shots. 

« Reply #197 on: December 22, 2023, 04:19:37 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1488
Celtics have the 3rd best defense and 7th best offense in the league. Not too shabby…
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 05:02:19 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #198 on: December 25, 2023, 07:34:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3063
  • On To Banner 18!
Schedule starts to ease up a bit. Next 3 are DET, TOR, SAS. Then tough one against OKC, followed by another easy one against Utah. Probably a good time to sit a few guys and give some guys rest
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #199 on: December 25, 2023, 08:46:20 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995
Schedule starts to ease up a bit. Next 3 are DET, TOR, SAS. Then tough one against OKC, followed by another easy one against Utah. Probably a good time to sit a few guys and give some guys rest

Not against Detroit.  We can’t be the team that loses to them.

« Reply #200 on: December 25, 2023, 08:56:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2984

Oh boy …I gotta try an cancel out this certain jinx hex , with reverse negative thoughts maneuver  8)

« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2023, 04:07:59 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
Jay King: Jaylen Brown said the Celtics’ coaching has been “excellent this year” in making sure the players see the game the way it’s supposed to be played. “Joe has encouraged us all to think the game.” – via Twitter ByJayKing
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2023, 08:06:16 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 769
Jay King: Jaylen Brown said the Celtics’ coaching has been “excellent this year” in making sure the players see the game the way it’s supposed to be played. “Joe has encouraged us all to think the game.” – via Twitter ByJayKing

Agreed. I thought the coaching was excellent against both the Pistons and the Raptos.

« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2023, 12:41:32 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995

Agreed. I thought the coaching was excellent against both the Pistons and the Raptos.

I hope you and your kid had a great time at the games!

« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2024, 12:07:29 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
The matchup with the Spurs provided the gift of perspective, a chance for White and his former coach, Gregg Popovich, to reflect on just how far the Colorado product has come. “I just couldn’t be more proud of the player,” Popovich said. “When he first came (to San Antonio as the 29th pick in the 2017 NBA Draft), I don’t think he believed he belonged in the NBA. To watch him develop through the years here, starting with the G League, playing with us and starting for us, and then taking more steps in Boston has just been a thrill to watch. He’s one of the greatest guys ever, and his confidence has just exploded. It’s been a process. He’s been in the league six, seven years, but he’s a great story: starting out at the bottom and believing in himself and doing the work necessary to get where he is now. So I’m just thrilled for him.” – via Jay King @ The Athletic

« Reply #205 on: January 01, 2024, 01:28:39 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573
Not a real worry, just a thought - wondering how a guy who has spent so much time in the background responds to suddenly getting a ton of positive attention. 

What is being referred to now as ‘confidence’ is evidence that Derrick is taking a bigger role in the offense, taking shots he’d have deferred, becoming more aggressive to the hoop.   Others are looking to him - rightly so - to settle the offense, knowing he’ll make the right play. All good - but as a result fans are chanting ‘MVP’ and ‘all-star’ and he’s getting recognition nationally.  It’s a lot to carry without some reframing of self-image. Hope somehow he’s able to stay humble and continue to play within himself.  I think he will. 

« Reply #206 on: January 01, 2024, 02:44:54 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
Not a real worry, just a thought - wondering how a guy who has spent so much time in the background responds to suddenly getting a ton of positive attention. 

What is being referred to now as ‘confidence’ is evidence that Derrick is taking a bigger role in the offense, taking shots he’d have deferred, becoming more aggressive to the hoop.   Others are looking to him - rightly so - to settle the offense, knowing he’ll make the right play. All good - but as a result fans are chanting ‘MVP’ and ‘all-star’ and he’s getting recognition nationally.  It’s a lot to carry without some reframing of self-image. Hope somehow he’s able to stay humble and continue to play within himself.  I think he will.

White seems like a pretty grounded person. I’m more concerned about the C’s being able to retain him once his contract is up next year. He will be due for a big raise.

« Reply #207 on: January 01, 2024, 08:52:41 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264

White seems like a pretty grounded person. I’m more concerned about the C’s being able to retain him once his contract is up next year. He will be due for a big raise.

Which is why we really need to win it this year (or even next year when DW’s contract is expiring). White is saying all the right things about wanting to stay in Boston but if he sees that this team is incapable of going over the hump, he may look elsewhere. Assuming of course that some team gives him a huge payday.

« Reply #208 on: January 01, 2024, 08:57:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Which is why we really need to win it this year (or even next year when DW’s contract is expiring). White is saying all the right things about wanting to stay in Boston but if he sees that this team is incapable of going over the hump, he may look elsewhere. Assuming of course that some team gives him a huge payday.

Yeah...  Will Wyc pony up $35 million per season?  I think somebody will.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #209 on: January 02, 2024, 08:31:10 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
Wyc Grousbeck on Joe Mazzulla this season: 'You gotta give Joe an A'

“You gotta give Joe an A — he’s inspirational,” Grousbeck said. “Joe is just a guy that you can just instinctively, when you meet him and spend time with him, I would imagine as a player if he’s coaching you, you would feel like you want to make him proud of you. He’s one of those guys where his opinion counts. He’s very honest and open about how he feels and why he feels that way. You want to be on the good side of that as a player.”  – via Souichi Terada @ Booth Newspapers