Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 620225 times)

scaryjerry, Wretch, President Red and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #8235 on: May 15, 2024, 01:27:52 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Hopefully Dallas or OKC can slow the Nuggets down. Chet Holmgren vs Jokic lol
Zubac destroyed Gafford and Lively too. Both were too thin and weak to deal with Zubac. What chance do they have with Jokic?

« Reply #8236 on: May 15, 2024, 01:48:39 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
Denver are so freaking scary. Sadly I don’t see anybody beating them. Jokic and Gordon will eat our bigs alive.

Well, it goes both ways - they have to actually guard our bigs, too, unlike Minny with Gobert. If you remember, KP exploded offensively when we were pushing the high PnR hard the first game, because Jokic has no chance of being able to defend it.

« Reply #8237 on: May 15, 2024, 02:04:50 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1645
  • What a Pub Should Be
Nuggets-Celtics it is.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8238 on: May 15, 2024, 02:24:34 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Denver are so freaking scary. Sadly I don’t see anybody beating them. Jokic and Gordon will eat our bigs alive.

Well, it goes both ways - they have to actually guard our bigs, too, unlike Minny with Gobert. If you remember, KP exploded offensively when we were pushing the high PnR hard the first game, because Jokic has no chance of being able to defend it.
True but I do also remember Jokic abusing the heck out of KP as well. Al and Kornet older and slow footed just seem like horrible matchups against that Nuggets squad. The midrange which we are pretty good at does seem there all day though Jokic always gives that up. We’ll need to win with threes though
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #8239 on: May 15, 2024, 02:42:50 AM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1415
20 offensive rebounds...that takes lazy to a whole new level.

It wasn't so much lazy out of position...Indy's help defense had to keep coming to help Haliburton on the perimeter and gave up a lot of weak side offensive rebounds. Haliburton really is a terrible one on one defender.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #8240 on: May 15, 2024, 05:46:34 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 195
I like to see Minnesota choke after being crowned and Anthony Edwards being crowned and skyrocketed to top 5 in the league after 6 good playoff games, but I also hate it because I don’t think we have any chance against Denver unless we just get scorching hot for a series…even then I really don’t see it.

« Reply #8241 on: May 15, 2024, 06:07:52 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2572
I like to see Minnesota choke after being crowned and Anthony Edwards being crowned and skyrocketed to top 5 in the league after 6 good playoff games, but I also hate it because I don’t think we have any chance against Denver unless we just get scorching hot for a series…even then I really don’t see it.

I think we all see Denver as a team that will be tough to beat.  I don’t expect to win a series against them but I wouldn’t say there’s no chance.  As much as you doubt the Cs mental toughness and capacity for pulling out close games or protecting a lead, health is a variable that could have an impact, and it’s also possible that the Cs find their championship heart. I wouldn’t be confident v. Denver, but I also don’t see the value of hopelessness especially when you have a team as talented as the 2023-24 Boston Celtics. 

« Reply #8242 on: May 15, 2024, 06:13:17 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 378

not sure why everyone has built denver into this unstoppable force we have zero chance against. sure we have no one who can stop jocic. But at the same time, they only were a 57 win team this year choking away the #1 seed. this isnt the prime warriors against Lebron and a bunch of nobodies. Or Denver against the clearly overmatched Miami team who you could tell didn't belong.

we would have to win by spreading them out with our shooters and overwhelming them from 3 imo. this series we 100% will need KP. to spread Jokic out and open up the paint. Denver doesn't shoot many 3's. even last night only took 18. that and their depth is their weakness if anything. Minnesota also doesn't seem to shoot many 3's either. at least at the level we do.

where they scare me most is more their late game execution. thats where I think we still lack.

but we will see, I don't think Minnesota wins this series. but I don't think it ends Thursday night. I think this goes 7.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 06:26:44 AM by cman88 »

« Reply #8243 on: May 15, 2024, 06:30:09 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Minnesota need Conley back to have any chance in Gm 6. Their offense was butt ugly without him. Nobody was a threat to provide secondary dribble penetration & playmaking when Ant was double teamed. Nor were they willing enough to shoot the three ball.

No Conley made it easy for DEN to load up on Ant and disrupt him.

« Reply #8244 on: May 15, 2024, 06:32:09 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

not sure why everyone has built denver into this unstoppable force we have zero chance against. sure we have no one who can stop jocic. But at the same time, they only were a 57 win team this year choking away the #1 seed. this isnt the prime warriors against Lebron and a bunch of nobodies. Or Denver against the clearly overmatched Miami team who you could tell didn't belong.

Jamal Murray only played 59 games. Denver played at a 61 win pace when he was available. I see that as a truer reflection of their quality.

BOS a 64 win team. DEN a 61 win team.

« Reply #8245 on: May 15, 2024, 06:35:06 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

not sure why everyone has built denver into this unstoppable force we have zero chance against.

I agree. Some of this is too much.

We played them twice and both games came down to the final moments. Both games could've gone either way. There was little to nothing between the two teams in the two regular season games. DEN had a little luck and got two wins. It could have easily gone the other way and BOS had two wins.

Not a matchup where one side was overmatched but instead two closely matched sides with very little separating them.

« Reply #8246 on: May 15, 2024, 06:46:43 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2572
Go Knicks , beat pacers tonight .

Both teams ….fight like TIGERS !

Same with Minny-Denver - play really, really hard.

Wish I could stay up for that one.

Turns out I did stay up - had myself a stomach ache that wouldn’t subside.  Woke my wife to drive me to the ER at 1AM and now I’m lying in a hospital bed awaiting an appendectomy.   Good times.

Hopefully will be feeling well at game time.

« Reply #8247 on: May 15, 2024, 07:02:55 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495

Turns out I did stay up - had myself a stomach ache that wouldn’t subside.  Woke my wife to drive me to the ER at 1AM and now I’m lying in a hospital bed awaiting an appendectomy.   Good times.

Woah good luck. Feel better soon!
#JKJB

« Reply #8248 on: May 15, 2024, 07:23:27 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 195

we would have to win by spreading them out with our shooters and overwhelming them from 3 imo. this series we 100% will need KP. to spread Jokic out and open up the paint. Denver doesn't shoot many 3's. even last night only took 18. that and their depth is their weakness if anything. Minnesota also doesn't seem to shoot many 3's either. at least at the level we do.

where they scare me most is more their late game execution. thats where I think we still lack.

but we will see, I don't think Minnesota wins this series. but I don't think it ends Thursday night. I think this goes 7.

So you’re not sure why everyone has built Denver into this unstoppable force but then go on to basically agree that we would have to get unconscious from 3 to have a chance.
Celtics will have to play there best basketball of the season and certainly the playoffs to even extend a series against Denver. Sorry, but the way they’re currently playing against competition not even half as good as Denver, they will get swept.

« Reply #8249 on: May 15, 2024, 07:30:21 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Speedy recovery, NG. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes