Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 619668 times)

blink, President Red, SCeltic34, Who, smokeablount, Amonkey, celticinorlando, Boston Garden Leprechaun, Goldstar88, GreenEnvy, tonydelk, CelticSooner, RMO, jpd985, Indocelts and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #8175 on: May 14, 2024, 10:22:37 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Honestly, neither of these teams should win more than a game on Boston.

But it’s probably better for us to play NYK, as (1) they play hard and will force us to play hard the entire time, and (2) with the crazy hype around them, we shouldn’t be taking them lightly, even with the injuries. Feels like Indy would be more of the same for us.

Yep, neither of these teams are a threat.

Amazing to go three series deep without seeing a real opponent yet. Our first quality opponent will be in the Finals. Possibly the easiest run to the Finals of All-Time.

« Reply #8176 on: May 14, 2024, 10:23:13 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 894
  • GOT IT!!!
I got Denver by 10-15 tonight. Feels like the Wolves already blew that series because winning three games in Denver is kinda crazy.

« Reply #8177 on: May 14, 2024, 10:28:16 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1415
Brunson scoring at will against a papier-mâché defense

I think it is more good offense than bad defense. Brunson is a tough guy to matchup with. Indy's starting combo guards do not match up well with him. Only McConnell and Nesmith do.

Thankfully BOS has D White and Jrue who can both matchup very well with Brunson. Haliburton and Nembhard do not have enough muscle to fight with him. White and Jrue do. I expect Jaylen will be the 3rd option to defend Brunson. Similar to Nesmith.

Nembhard is a good defender. Just a bad matchup for him. Brunson is making him look silly.

Haliburton has always been more of an active team defender than a one-on-one defender. He can't guard anyone one-on-one. Small guards, big guards, wings. None of them. Uses his length well in team defense to help defensively that way but struggles in any one-on-one situation.

McConnell does well because he can match Brunson's speed and physicality. Nesmith does well because he is physical and much bigger than Brunson ... and Brunson is slow so he struggles to find a speed mismatch like most PGs can do in such a situation.

Yes he can't defend his man on the perimeter, which has been forcing the help to come and leaving the weak side open for offensive rebounds. His lateral foot speed ain't that great
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #8178 on: May 14, 2024, 10:29:39 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett

But it’s probably better for us to play NYK, as (1) they play hard and will force us to play hard the entire time, and (2) with the crazy hype around them, we shouldn’t be taking them lightly, even with the injuries. Feels like Indy would be more of the same for us.

Amazing to go three series deep without seeing a real opponent yet. Our first quality opponent will be in the Finals. Possibly the easiest run to the Finals of All-Time.

Yes and if we get that far and play Denver and Murray re-aggravates his injury, we can honestly say someone up there has answered Joe's prayers  :angel:

« Reply #8179 on: May 14, 2024, 10:34:55 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
Credit gotta be given to these Knicks though, Thibs might be working them to the grave but he's instilled a fighting spirit in them. They're missing Randle, Bogdanovic, Anunoby and Robinson and they just keep fighting and clawing.

« Reply #8180 on: May 14, 2024, 10:38:00 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 982
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Might be. I heard on NBA Radio that the 1987 Lakers had a pretty easy time winning the WC. Their 3 opponents RS games won were 37, 35, and 42.

« Reply #8181 on: May 14, 2024, 10:38:48 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1027
Hard to see the Wolves forcing anything tonight. They're dispirited after blowing a 2-0 lead with home-court. Winning 3 straight in Denver would be quite an accomplishment for them.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8182 on: May 14, 2024, 10:41:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2740
Credit gotta be given to these Knicks though, Thibs might be working them to the grave but he's instilled a fighting spirit in them. They're missing Randle, Bogdanovic, Anunoby and Robinson and they just keep fighting and clawing.

Yes, credit to these Knicks, they are battling and seizing the moment. Indiana's young guys hopefully learn from this series.

« Reply #8183 on: May 14, 2024, 10:42:51 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 894
  • GOT IT!!!
20 offensive rebounds...that takes lazy to a whole new level.

« Reply #8184 on: May 14, 2024, 10:43:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
I got Denver by 10-15 tonight. Feels like the Wolves already blew that series because winning three games in Denver is kinda crazy.

I am picking Minny for the win.

I think they rebound after a tough Gm 4 loss. KAT will improve. DEN's hot shooting will cease. Minny will win.

« Reply #8185 on: May 14, 2024, 10:49:12 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Might be. I heard on NBA Radio that the 1987 Lakers had a pretty easy time winning the WC. Their 3 opponents RS games won were 37, 35, and 42.

Oh yeah. That was the Sonics in the WCF. They had a surprise run and beat some better teams. The Dale Ellis / Xavier McDaniel / Tom Chambers Big Three. Three high volume scorers who did not do a whole lot else. Alton Lister. Mo Lucas. I think ... a rookie Nate McMillan. Some good glue guys.

It felt like it was the launching pad of the next great team in West but it was a false launch. They were never more than a .500 team. The Big Three were all iso-scorers who did not do a whole lot else. At least X-Man was a two-way player. None of them passed the ball. Ever. 

They beat Olajuwon's Rockets in the WCSF. That series had some great games. The Rockets were also a .500 team. So two similar squads. Olajuwon was terrific.

Ohh, they beat Dallas in the first round. I thought it was Dallas. Dallas was a 55 win team. Huge upset. They would go to the WCF the following year and push LAL to 7 games.

I still got a couple of those games on tape. Fun Sonics team. The pre-Kemp pre-Payton years.

« Reply #8186 on: May 14, 2024, 10:59:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Hartenstein finished with 7pts 17reb 5ast 1blk. 12 of those 17reb were on the offensive end. Incredible.

Brunson had a cool 44pts and 7ast. 18-35 FGA.

Hart 18pts 11reb. McBride 17pts. Burks 18pts.

« Reply #8187 on: May 14, 2024, 11:00:28 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
No. Not Kyle Anderson.

Oh, they went big. Slow Mo is at SF next to Naz Reid and Towns as the twin towers. Interesting. Slow Mo instead of NAW. Wow, A Edwards at PG. Jaden McDaniels at SG. Huge lineup.

G: Ant
G: Jaden McDaniels
F: Slow Mo
F: Naz Reid
C: Towns

« Reply #8188 on: May 14, 2024, 11:02:15 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Nice midrange pull-up by Slow Mo.

« Reply #8189 on: May 14, 2024, 11:03:18 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Minny should have taken a foul to let Towns sit down. Clearly not right. Kyle Anderson should have been the one to foul. His fouls are the least valuable.