Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 616721 times)

hpantazo, Redz, G-Bones, jpd985, Birdman and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #8115 on: May 14, 2024, 11:58:41 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3059
  • On To Banner 18!
Three series at 2-2. Spicy.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8116 on: May 14, 2024, 11:58:43 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2443
Don't do it Sam.

Run It Back
@RunItBackFDTV
·
5m
"I'm told JJ Redick, James Borrego, and Sam Cassell, have emerged as the leading head coaching targets for the Lakers, they're going to begin their formal process this week."

@ShamsCharania updates on the #Lakers search for a new coach.

We are screwed if clueless Joe loses both of his top assistants
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #8117 on: May 14, 2024, 12:57:47 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2517
Don't do it Sam.

Run It Back
@RunItBackFDTV
·
5m
"I'm told JJ Redick, James Borrego, and Sam Cassell, have emerged as the leading head coaching targets for the Lakers, they're going to begin their formal process this week."

Hopefully Sam is smart enough not to go there and be LeBonds's lapdog/scapegoat for 12 months. He should wait for a situation where he can actually make his mark.

« Reply #8118 on: May 14, 2024, 01:03:18 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 768
Don't do it Sam.

Run It Back
@RunItBackFDTV
·
5m

Hopefully Sam is smart enough not to go there and be LeBonds's lapdog/scapegoat for 12 months. He should wait for a situation where he can actually make his mark.

I think Joe will be fine. They will fill out with more good assistants. Stevens has a knack for that.

I agree on Sam. It'd be hard to say no if they courted him, but how likely is it he'd last longer than Ham?

« Reply #8119 on: May 14, 2024, 01:04:06 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2517
so what we thinking for tonight?

I have NYC taking it in NYC. (I think pacers will take the next game to make this go 7). Although a part of me believes that Thibs magic has run out playing guys 48 minutes a night turning everyone back into a pumpkin.

and I think Minnesota bounces back and wins their 3rd road game in Denver. I think Gordon doesn't shoot like prime ray allen and they get more out of KAT/their role players.

Think Knicks close. Pacers win game 6 forcing a 7th game while they hopefully beat each other into the ground.

Denver big tonight.

I think the Knicks are done.  No OG, Robinson and Randal.  If OG was playing they'd win.

Bogdanovic is done too. That's 4 of their top 9 guys. At some point it's just too much to overcome. They're going to have to give minutes to third-stringers now.

« Reply #8120 on: May 14, 2024, 02:54:00 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 433
Anyone be crazy to take the Laker job as long LeBron is there..maybe he can be player & coach then play Bronny lol
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8121 on: May 14, 2024, 03:35:46 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
Anyone be crazy to take the Laker job as long LeBron is there..maybe he can be player & coach then play Bronny lol

It's a job where you're almost guaranteed to be scapegoated and fired after a year because Lebron just isn't Lebron anymore.

It's a horrible spot for someone starting/early in their head coaching career, but for an experienced head coach that might be looking to retire, it's a great paycheck that you only have to work 1 year for. In other words... Doc Rivers, COME ON DOWN!
I'm bitter.

« Reply #8122 on: May 14, 2024, 03:54:32 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 573

It's a job where you're almost guaranteed to be scapegoated and fired after a year because Lebron just isn't Lebron anymore.

It's a horrible spot for someone starting/early in their head coaching career, but for an experienced head coach that might be looking to retire, it's a great paycheck that you only have to work 1 year for. In other words... Doc Rivers, COME ON DOWN!

Ya I was just thinking something similar. Sure, its not a good job if you want job stability but if you want to get a 4 year deal, only coach 1 year, get fired and then get paid out your contract to retire it sounds great.

« Reply #8123 on: May 14, 2024, 04:33:06 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1027
Everyone banged up in the East with the Celtics the least banged up. What's with all the injuries in these playoffs?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8124 on: May 14, 2024, 04:36:18 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1027
Don't do it Sam.

Run It Back
@RunItBackFDTV
·
5m

I think Joe will be fine. They will fill out with more good assistants. Stevens has a knack for that.

I agree on Sam. It'd be hard to say no if they courted him, but how likely is it he'd last longer than Ham?

Darvin Ham was clueless even some players tuned out on him. Coincidentally, LeBron is also there so he made the kill shot at the end as LeGM. All my friends who are LAL fans were happy to see him go. I tell them they can have Joe Mazzulla instead.  ;D

Sam would be more respected I feel. But he should be with the Celtics.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8125 on: May 14, 2024, 04:40:04 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 433
Everyone banged up in the East with the Celtics the least banged up. What's with all the injuries in these playoffs?
Mind boggling for sure!! Giannis, Embiid, Butler, Porzingus, Mitchell, Allen, Anunoby, Rozier, Bojan
This team could go undefeated lol
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8126 on: May 14, 2024, 05:52:09 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
Go Knicks , beat pacers tonight .

Both teams ….fight like TIGERS !

« Reply #8127 on: May 14, 2024, 06:37:52 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2740
Mind boggling for sure!! Giannis, Embiid, Butler, Porzingus, Mitchell, Allen, Anunoby, Rozier, Bojan
This team could go undefeated lol

I think it further highlights how great a job Stevens did with the Celtics roster. Injuries are bound to happen in the playoffs, and if you want to compete for a title you need to have the depth to survive those injuries. Porzingis is out but the Celtics can and have managed without him regularly this season. Take away a guy at that level from any other playoff roster and they are in trouble.

« Reply #8128 on: May 14, 2024, 07:41:10 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264
Don't do it Sam.

Run It Back
@RunItBackFDTV
·
5m

Darvin Ham was clueless even some players tuned out on him. Coincidentally, LeBron is also there so he made the kill shot at the end as LeGM. All my friends who are LAL fans were happy to see him go. I tell them they can have Joe Mazzulla instead.  ;D

I keep reading that Reddick is the front runner for the job. I hope it happens.

« Reply #8129 on: May 14, 2024, 07:48:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Don't do it Sam.

Run It Back
@RunItBackFDTV
·
5m

I keep reading that Reddick is the front runner for the job. I hope it happens.

Tough to coach your friend. First job. Bad mix.