Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 649995 times)

kraidstar, keevsnick and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #8055 on: May 12, 2024, 10:36:19 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Ant finished with 44pts on 16-25 FGA.

He had 5reb and 5ast. 2stl and 1 blk.

« Reply #8056 on: May 12, 2024, 10:38:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Minny actually finished with 6 guys in double digits. Ant with his 44pts then five guys with between 11-15pts. No 2nd scorer for Ant but solid contribution (61pts) spead out among 5 guys.

105 of their 107pts. NAW had the other 2 in 24min. Slow Mo scoreless in 6 short minutes.

Gobert 14reb & Towns 12reb. 26reb for the two of them. Minny were a +11 in rebounding differential which helped keep them in the game despite DEN shooting 57% FG% to Minny's 47% FG%. Conley 9ast.

« Reply #8057 on: May 12, 2024, 10:47:24 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
Thought the Wolves had it after winning two straight in Denver. Now they lost home-court advantage. These playoffs have been wild.

Same with Indy/NYK...finally a blowout in this series. This one is going the limit.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8058 on: May 12, 2024, 10:53:01 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 575
Thought the Wolves had it after winning two straight in Denver. Now they lost home-court advantage. These playoffs have been wild.

Same with Indy/NYK...finally a blowout in this series. This one is going the limit.

Nuggets and T-Wolves playing like the C's at home.

« Reply #8059 on: May 12, 2024, 10:58:34 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 575
The T-Wolves won the 45 Anthony Edwards minutes +5. They lost the 3 non Anthony Edwards minutes by -13. Brutal let down from his team mates this game.

« Reply #8060 on: May 13, 2024, 12:22:16 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398

Can you please start a thread with your picks? We got nuggets being done, Cavs covering yesterday, lakers making finals … I need more of this in my life

« Reply #8061 on: May 13, 2024, 06:05:26 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 385
watch Minnesota come out and win game 5 in Denver. wouldn't shock me.

this is going 7 I feel

I also think NYC/Indy is going 7

« Reply #8062 on: May 13, 2024, 06:31:47 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Minnesota just blew it..winning 2 games @ Denver then going home for 2 more, then was in the driver seat..lot of ppl thought it was over but with Joker & Murray, no way
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8063 on: May 13, 2024, 06:45:24 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
When Anunoby went down, Knicks were done, doubt they win another game..injuries ruin that team & ppl are blaming Thibs, which I don’t agree
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8064 on: May 13, 2024, 11:54:53 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
When Anunoby went down, Knicks were done, doubt they win another game..injuries ruin that team & ppl are blaming Thibs, which I don’t agree

Why is Thibs getting criticized? That is insane.

« Reply #8065 on: May 13, 2024, 12:16:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398

Why is Thibs getting criticized? That is insane.

The Knicks are currently down Randles, Bogs, OG and Robinson. That is like us being down Jaylen, White, Porzingas  and Pritchard or Holiday. Rolling out a rotation of Tatum, Horford, Holiday, Kornet, Tillman, Hauser and Walsh and being p---ed if we lose in second round.

« Reply #8066 on: May 13, 2024, 01:27:35 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Can you please start a thread with your picks? We got nuggets being done, Cavs covering yesterday, lakers making finals … I need more of this in my life

We need Sparz to pick the Cavs again tonight please  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #8067 on: May 13, 2024, 02:43:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Some interesting stats from Wolves - Nuggets game

- Jokic scored 35pts last night. 26 of them in the paint.
- Braun, A Gordon, Justin Holiday, R Jackson shot 8-11 on threes compared to 3.4 makes per game in regular season on 35% shooting.
- A Gordon 11-12 FGA

That is an impressive stat from Jokic. So many of his points coming in the paint against that big Wolves frontline.

The other two are just incredibly lucky and will not continue moving forward. Denver only had an 8pt victory despite this incredible good fortune from their non-shooters / limited shooters. That luck will not continue.

« Reply #8068 on: May 13, 2024, 02:53:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
So Ant Edwards played 45 minutes and was a +5 meaning the Wolves were -13 in the 3 minutes he was on the bench as was pointed out in a post above. I was curious where those 3 minutes were and what happened during them.

They mostly happened at the start of the 2nd quarter. The Wolves took out both Anthony Edwards and Towns to start the period. Edwards sat out for 2 and a half minutes. In those two and a half minutes, Denver made a 12-2 run.

Justin Holiday hit 2 threes. They got 2 layups. One from a drive, the other a fastbreak layup. And Jokic hit a short shot in the paint going iso.

The Wolves lineup was

G: Conley
G: NAW
F: Jaden McDaniels
F: Slow Mo
C: Naz Reid

Meanwhile, the Nuggets were running a strong lineup of

G: J Murray
G: C Braun
F: Justin Holiday
F: M Porter Jr
C: Jokic A Gordon

Edit: My mistake. I misread the line. Jokic was resting for this 2:40 time period. DEN went small with A Gordon at center and MPJ at big forward. That makes more sense.

So they had 3 of their 4 stars on the floor but not their MVP and two bench dudes. Minnesota had sat all 3 of their stars (Ant, Towns, Gobert). Minny had their 2 other starters on the floor, their 6th man of the year plus 2 other bench dudes. It is clear the Minny coach made a bad decision to run such a weak lineup out there against a strong DEN lineup.

Jokic had some trouble defensively when Slow Mo and Naz Reid played together in Gm 2. Not enough dangerous offense out there to exploit his discomfort though. Need Ant to attack the paint while Jokic is pulled out of the paint. Conley, NAW, Jaden are not aggressive enough attackers off the dribble. They should have given Ant a rest when Jokic rested.

They took Ant out for a brief moment in Q4. Only 19secs. The sub was in the middle of two Gobert FTs. Gobert made one. Then Braun hit a 3 pointer. Ant came back in for NAW. That lineup had the starting frontcourt on along with Conley and NAW. So a strong lineup this time while Ant got brief rest. Unlike Q2.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 03:02:46 PM by Who »

« Reply #8069 on: May 13, 2024, 03:01:40 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
Some interesting stats from Wolves - Nuggets game

- Jokic scored 35pts last night. 26 of them in the paint.
- Braun, A Gordon, Justin Holiday, R Jackson shot 8-11 on threes compared to 3.4 makes per game in regular season on 35% shooting.
- A Gordon 11-12 FGA

That is an impressive stat from Jokic. So many of his points coming in the paint against that big Wolves frontline.

The other two are just incredibly lucky and will not continue moving forward. Denver only had an 8pt victory despite this incredible good fortune from their non-shooters / limited shooters. That luck will not continue.
Porter only took 4 shots and KCP shot awful though. Plus Murray still only had 19.  Those guys regressing up to the norm should counteract the bench guys regressing down to the norm
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip