Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 593954 times)

Moranis, Atzar, jambr380, The Oracle, kraidstar, BitterJim, Kernewek and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #8040 on: May 12, 2024, 10:07:55 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1019
Wow, the downside to the wolves potentially “choking” is Denver is so freaking good and if they get through this I don’t see them losing

Denver scare me a lot more as an opponent than Minnesota do. Jokic is one heck of a matchup problem. The two man game of Jokic & J Murray is a major problem.

Minnesota would be a much easier team to matchup with. They cause some problems with their overall size & athleticism but they have nobody who can single handedly unravel our defense like Jokic can.
Agreed…I don’t think we can beat Denver. Minnesota would be tough but for what it’s worth we have more experience then them and like our chances better for sure.

The Celtics could absolutely beat Denver. They need KP back and they'll need some shooting luck from three but they have enough talent to win.

I mean with some great shooting luck even as you phrased it, sure anyone can beat anyone…the Celtics could beat Denver but in my opinion there 2 best players are better then our 2 best players and I find there supporting cast to be massively underrated..I do like our chances better against the wolves.

Murray isn't better than Tatum, just no. No way. Zero chance. I'd take Brown over him as well, but that's very close.

Denver's big advantage is having an unstoppable offensive force in Jokic who Boston doesn't have a great answer to. But if you can spread the team out and bomb threes and contain Denver ENOUGH on defense then you have a shot.

I meant Jokic is better than Tatum and Murray is better than brown and the size of and athleticism of porter jr and Gordon is a difference maker..I’m taking them over white/jrue

I'd take Murray over Brown

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #8041 on: May 12, 2024, 10:08:36 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 569
Oddly enough, as badly as Towns has played, Minnesota is a +2 in his 29 minutes played.

So they are a -13 in 9 minutes he hasn't played.

That +2 included that 8-0 run at the end of the 1st half.

A great example of why single game or even single series +/- is not indicative of how an individual player performed.

« Reply #8042 on: May 12, 2024, 10:09:22 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Wow, the downside to the wolves potentially “choking” is Denver is so freaking good and if they get through this I don’t see them losing

Denver scare me a lot more as an opponent than Minnesota do. Jokic is one heck of a matchup problem. The two man game of Jokic & J Murray is a major problem.

Minnesota would be a much easier team to matchup with. They cause some problems with their overall size & athleticism but they have nobody who can single handedly unravel our defense like Jokic can.
Agreed…I don’t think we can beat Denver. Minnesota would be tough but for what it’s worth we have more experience then them and like our chances better for sure.

The Celtics could absolutely beat Denver. They need KP back and they'll need some shooting luck from three but they have enough talent to win.

I mean with some great shooting luck even as you phrased it, sure anyone can beat anyone…the Celtics could beat Denver but in my opinion there 2 best players are better then our 2 best players and I find there supporting cast to be massively underrated..I do like our chances better against the wolves.

Murray isn't better than Tatum, just no. No way. Zero chance. I'd take Brown over him as well, but that's very close.

Denver's big advantage is having an unstoppable offensive force in Jokic who Boston doesn't have a great answer to. But if you can spread the team out and bomb threes and contain Denver ENOUGH on defense then you have a shot.

I meant Jokic is better than Tatum and Murray is better than brown and the size of and athleticism of porter jr and Gordon is a difference maker..I’m taking them over white/jrue

I'd take Murray over Brown

Its close, I'd rather have Brown.

I think it would be a very well-played, extremely close series. I'd favor Denver because Jokic is god level, but Boston could win.

« Reply #8043 on: May 12, 2024, 10:13:06 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Man, this game would have played out so differently if Edwards doesn't turn it over at the end of the 2nd quarter. That was five points Denver shouldn't have gotten.

« Reply #8044 on: May 12, 2024, 10:13:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Just as last night showed in our series, this is why making bold, early proclamations about a favorite losing a series after a single bad game or two is not a wise choice.

« Reply #8045 on: May 12, 2024, 10:14:16 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Just as last night showed in our series, this is why making bold, early proclamations about a favorite losing a series after a single bad game or two is not a wise choice.

The best thing about the NBA playoffs is how rapidly they can change. Teams make adjustments, teams get tired, shooting wanes/waxes and sometimes team just play better when they get tested.

« Reply #8046 on: May 12, 2024, 10:20:29 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 893
  • GOT IT!!!
Denver has figured out Minnesota’s defense. Minnesota figured out their own offense lol Edwards needs a running mate and Towns ain’t it.

« Reply #8047 on: May 12, 2024, 10:23:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
Hard to see the Nuggets win another game this season. Wolves are simply too physical. It'll wear out both Jokic and Murray in the 2nd half. I'm gonna say the Nuggets played a cupcake schedule last postseason who had injuries and (gentlemen) sweeping teams left and right to win the Finals.

Ahh boy. You can’t script this better

« Reply #8048 on: May 12, 2024, 10:27:34 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Minnesota can still win this series. But they HAVE TO figure out how to make more head way when Jokic is off the floor. And KAT just needs to play smarter.

« Reply #8049 on: May 12, 2024, 10:27:50 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Beyond the two-way play, one thing I do really like about Ant is that his scoring is primarily through getting buckets and he's not just a free throw/foul merchant.

« Reply #8050 on: May 12, 2024, 10:28:19 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
Oddly enough, as badly as Towns has played, Minnesota is a +2 in his 29 minutes played.

So they are a -13 in 9 minutes he hasn't played.

That +2 included that 8-0 run at the end of the 1st half.

A great example of why single game or even single series +/- is not indicative of how an individual player performed.

Yeah, not indicative of Towns performing well but also shows they weathered a lot of his bad play while on the court. Their main problems happened when he wasn't on the court.

Whenever that was and whatever it was that happened.

« Reply #8051 on: May 12, 2024, 10:30:09 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Minny left it too late. They were too patient in the 2nd half. Slowly trying to claw away at the lead. They needed more urgency. They needed a hard push. Max out the effort for 3-4min and try to make a short quick run.

They didn't manage their energy / urgency / patience well in their comeback. Too much patience.

« Reply #8052 on: May 12, 2024, 10:32:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2731
The Twolves are done. Denver has figured them out and they have no answer. The defending champs are going to be tough for anyone to eliminate.

« Reply #8053 on: May 12, 2024, 10:34:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Jokic had 19pts at halftime.
Did not score in Q3.
Then lit Minny up for 16pts in Q4.

« Reply #8054 on: May 12, 2024, 10:35:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 718
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Going to be really hard for the wolves to get two more wins with two being in Denver