Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 594184 times)

Atzar, SparzWizard, chicagoceltic, CelticsPoetry, G-Bones and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #8025 on: May 12, 2024, 09:46:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
A Gordon = 23pts
Jokic = 19pts
J Murray = 19pts

« Reply #8026 on: May 12, 2024, 09:47:45 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 893
  • GOT IT!!!
Wow, the downside to the wolves potentially “choking” is Denver is so freaking good and if they get through this I don’t see them losing

Denver scare me a lot more as an opponent than Minnesota do. Jokic is one heck of a matchup problem. The two man game of Jokic & J Murray is a major problem.

Minnesota would be a much easier team to matchup with. They cause some problems with their overall size & athleticism but they have nobody who can single handedly unravel our defense like Jokic can.
Agreed…I don’t think we can beat Denver. Minnesota would be tough but for what it’s worth we have more experience then them and like our chances better for sure.

The Celtics could absolutely beat Denver. They need KP back and they'll need some shooting luck from three but they have enough talent to win.

I mean with some great shooting luck even as you phrased it, sure anyone can beat anyone…the Celtics could beat Denver but in my opinion there 2 best players are better then our 2 best players and I find there supporting cast to be massively underrated..I do like our chances better against the wolves.

In no world should Murray be better than Tatum. That’s the problem, can’t happen anymore.

« Reply #8027 on: May 12, 2024, 09:48:20 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1258
Wow, the downside to the wolves potentially “choking” is Denver is so freaking good and if they get through this I don’t see them losing

Denver scare me a lot more as an opponent than Minnesota do. Jokic is one heck of a matchup problem. The two man game of Jokic & J Murray is a major problem.

Minnesota would be a much easier team to matchup with. They cause some problems with their overall size & athleticism but they have nobody who can single handedly unravel our defense like Jokic can.
Agreed…I don’t think we can beat Denver. Minnesota would be tough but for what it’s worth we have more experience then them and like our chances better for sure.

The pick and roll between Mitchell and Mobley has given us nightmares of the defensive end. What more with Jokic and Murray!

« Reply #8028 on: May 12, 2024, 09:49:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
When Denver is hot, they are REALLY hot. They just don't miss.

I think the last two games are more about Denver than Minnesota, Denver has went to another level.

Eh, and also Minny's offense coming back down to Earth. They shot 50+% from fg and nearly 40+% from three in both of the first two games in Denver. That's nearly 2% points better on both fronts than their season averages, so I think some of that is also just regression to the mean.

« Reply #8029 on: May 12, 2024, 09:50:08 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
Edwards is doing his thing but he has gotten zero help tonight. The Wolves offense has come back down to Earth.

« Reply #8030 on: May 12, 2024, 09:50:55 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 569

The Celtics could absolutely beat Denver. They need KP back and they'll need some shooting luck from three but they have enough talent to win.

I mean with some great shooting luck even as you phrased it, sure anyone can beat anyone…the Celtics could beat Denver but in my opinion there 2 best players are better then our 2 best players and I find there supporting cast to be massively underrated..I do like our chances better against the wolves.

Murray isn't better than Tatum, just no. No way. Zero chance. I'd take Brown over him as well, but that's very close.

Denver's big advantage is having an unstoppable offensive force in Jokic who Boston doesn't have a great answer to. But if you can spread the team out and bomb threes and contain Denver ENOUGH on defense then you have a shot.

« Reply #8031 on: May 12, 2024, 09:51:17 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!

The pick and roll between Mitchell and Mobley has given us nightmares of the defensive end. What more with Jokic and Murray!
I mean the C’s are missing their best big by a long shot.

« Reply #8032 on: May 12, 2024, 09:52:10 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
When Denver is hot, they are REALLY hot. They just don't miss.

I think the last two games are more about Denver than Minnesota, Denver has went to another level.

Eh, and also Minny's offense coming back down to Earth. They shot 50+% from fg and nearly 40+% from three in both of the first two games in Denver. That's nearly 2% points better on both fronts than their season averages, so I think some of that is also just regression to the mean.

Sure, but the much bigger change is Murray and Denver's offense has been waaaay better.

« Reply #8033 on: May 12, 2024, 09:52:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Ant = 37pts

Naz = 11pts
Towns = 11pts on 4-16 FGA

Conley is next with 8pts. Jaden with 6pts.

« Reply #8034 on: May 12, 2024, 09:54:59 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Towns has been brutal.

« Reply #8035 on: May 12, 2024, 09:56:28 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Oooh, thats a real nice lob and finish.

« Reply #8036 on: May 12, 2024, 09:57:38 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191

Murray isn't better than Tatum, just no. No way. Zero chance. I'd take Brown over him as well, but that's very close.

Denver's big advantage is having an unstoppable offensive force in Jokic who Boston doesn't have a great answer to. But if you can spread the team out and bomb threes and contain Denver ENOUGH on defense then you have a shot.

I meant Jokic is better than Tatum and Murray is better than brown and the size of and athleticism of porter jr and Gordon is a difference maker..I’m taking them over white/jrue

« Reply #8037 on: May 12, 2024, 09:59:00 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Oddly enough, as badly as Towns has played, Minnesota is a +2 in his 29 minutes played.

So they are a -13 in 9 minutes he hasn't played.

That +2 included that 8-0 run at the end of the 1st half.

« Reply #8038 on: May 12, 2024, 10:04:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Minny not making any real headway on this Nuggets lead.

It was a 15pt lead at halftime. They only shaved 4pts off that in the Q3. Playing even in Q4. Gotta step it up. Time is ticking away.

« Reply #8039 on: May 12, 2024, 10:07:44 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Nuggets shooting 48% from three. Tough to beat them when their outside shot is falling like this.

Denver lead by 13, +12 from three. Thats the difference in the game.