Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 593915 times)

Celtics2021, kraidstar, bdm860, BitterJim, Atzar, Donoghus, Kernewek, DefenseWinsChamps, rocknrollforyoursoul and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Reply #8010 on: May 12, 2024, 09:24:49 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2562
What a shooting display by both teams to start the 2nd half.

« Reply #8011 on: May 12, 2024, 09:27:52 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 608
What happened to the Minnesota team of game 1 and 2?

Playoff inexperience caught up to them perhaps...to be up 2-0 and stealing both games in Denver to now possibly losing home court advantage. That's a tough pill to swallow.
I wouldn't call it playoff inexperience. KAT have previous playoff trips before Ant and Ant has been in the playoffs for 3 straight years now. Not to mention guys like Gobert and Conley are veterans who have tons of playoff experience. If Wolves choked this series, they deserve as much flak as Tatum and the Celtics when they fell short for the past 2 years.

« Reply #8012 on: May 12, 2024, 09:29:21 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 569
When Denver is hot, they are REALLY hot. They just don't miss.

I think the last two games are more about Denver than Minnesota, Denver has went to another level.

« Reply #8013 on: May 12, 2024, 09:32:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
What happened to the Minnesota team of game 1 and 2?

Playoff inexperience caught up to them perhaps...to be up 2-0 and stealing both games in Denver to now possibly losing home court advantage. That's a tough pill to swallow.
I wouldn't call it playoff inexperience. KAT have previous playoff trips before Ant and Ant has been in the playoffs for 3 straight years now. Not to mention guys like Gobert and Conley are veterans who have tons of playoff experience. If Wolves choked this series, they deserve as much flak as Tatum and the Celtics when they fell short for the past 2 years.

Agreed

« Reply #8014 on: May 12, 2024, 09:32:33 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 893
  • GOT IT!!!
Murray is back, I personally liked it better when he was bricking everything.

« Reply #8015 on: May 12, 2024, 09:37:23 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!
Minnesota needs to roll with Reid this game.

« Reply #8016 on: May 12, 2024, 09:37:36 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Anthony Edwards is REALLY good. He has the entire scoring arsenal at age 22.

« Reply #8017 on: May 12, 2024, 09:38:16 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
If this end up being like a 5–10-point game that end of 2nd quarter 8-0 run in 20 seconds is going to end up being huge.

« Reply #8018 on: May 12, 2024, 09:39:42 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
Wow, the downside to the wolves potentially “choking” is Denver is so freaking good and if they get through this I don’t see them losing

Denver scare me a lot more as an opponent than Minnesota do. Jokic is one heck of a matchup problem. The two man game of Jokic & J Murray is a major problem.

Minnesota would be a much easier team to matchup with. They cause some problems with their overall size & athleticism but they have nobody who can single handedly unravel our defense like Jokic can.
Agreed…I don’t think we can beat Denver. Minnesota would be tough but for what it’s worth we have more experience then them and like our chances better for sure.

« Reply #8019 on: May 12, 2024, 09:39:49 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Anthony Edwards is REALLY good. He has the entire scoring arsenal at age 22.
He is Kobe. He is playing at the level Kobe was during the Lakers three-peat next to Shaq. Ant is at 2001 and 2002 level Kobe Bryant.

Edit: I think he is already better than 2000 Kobe.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 09:51:08 PM by Who »

« Reply #8020 on: May 12, 2024, 09:42:39 PM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Wow, the downside to the wolves potentially “choking” is Denver is so freaking good and if they get through this I don’t see them losing

Denver scare me a lot more as an opponent than Minnesota do. Jokic is one heck of a matchup problem. The two man game of Jokic & J Murray is a major problem.

Minnesota would be a much easier team to matchup with. They cause some problems with their overall size & athleticism but they have nobody who can single handedly unravel our defense like Jokic can.
Agreed…I don’t think we can beat Denver. Minnesota would be tough but for what it’s worth we have more experience then them and like our chances better for sure.

The Celtics could absolutely beat Denver. They need KP back and they'll need some shooting luck from three but they have enough talent to win.

Whomever wins I think it's a 6 or 7 game series.

« Reply #8021 on: May 12, 2024, 09:43:23 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I don't know what Jaden McDaniels did there to knock down Aaron Gordon. Gordon is a tank. Jaden is a skinny wing. You are telling me that little bit of contact sent Gordon flying? Nonsense.

He dived. Or he is lost his balance.

That should have been overturned.

« Reply #8022 on: May 12, 2024, 09:43:39 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • GOT IT!!!

They can beat Denver if Tatum takes his scoring level up. Murray is doing what I always want Tatum to do. Make them feel you on offense, that can hurt a defense way more than all the point Tatum stuff.

« Reply #8023 on: May 12, 2024, 09:45:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Smaller lineup here for Minny. No Twin Towers.

G: Conley
G: NAW
F: Ant
F: Slow Mo
C: Naz Reid

« Reply #8024 on: May 12, 2024, 09:46:18 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191

The Celtics could absolutely beat Denver. They need KP back and they'll need some shooting luck from three but they have enough talent to win.

I mean with some great shooting luck even as you phrased it, sure anyone can beat anyone…the Celtics could beat Denver but in my opinion there 2 best players are better then our 2 best players and I find there supporting cast to be massively underrated..I do like our chances better against the wolves.