Author Topic: last one (c's hawks trade)  (Read 1002 times)

last one (c's hawks trade)
« on: June 25, 2023, 02:02:03 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
meaning last JB trade idea for me.
Love Tatum and Brown as individual players, but I've been concerned about having the combo for a few years now.

C's trade:  Brown, Horford, Pritchard, Kornet

Hawks trade:  D. Murray, Okongwu, D. Hunter and K. Bufkin

we give up the best player, get younger and deeper, strong in the post, needed depth at PG and hopefully improve the defense even more...

Murray, Brogdan, Davison
White, Bufkin, J. Rich?
Tatum, Hunter, (Walsh), Hauser
Porzingis, Okongwu
R. Williams, Okongwu

Edit: forgot Walsh in there...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 03:46:45 PM by wiley »

Re: last one (c's hawks trade)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 02:12:58 PM »

Offline lbgreen33

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 51
I don't think JB is going anywhere. Brad wants to see how the new big 3 play together.
Just my opinion of course.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2023, 03:08:55 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573
Appreciate the effort but I not only think JB is here, I'm pretty psyched to see what he's going to do next year.   JB's been the worst victim of recency bias I've seen in a long time -- ending the season with an absolute bomb.  Would have been better off if he'd been the one to sprain his ankle on the first offensive play.   I know many here (including you) just don't see the Jays combo as optimal -- not a dis to JB but rather just not as complementary a duo as you'd like to see.  But the dynamics changed pretty dramatically with the Smart-KP trade, replacing (I hope) Smart with DW and adding 7'2" KP to the frontcourt.  Really can't wait to see how this plays out and I'd be a little bummed to be deprived of seeing both Jays in the lineup.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2023, 03:42:59 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
Appreciate the effort but I not only think JB is here, I'm pretty psyched to see what he's going to do next year.   JB's been the worst victim of recency bias I've seen in a long time -- ending the season with an absolute bomb.  Would have been better off if he'd been the one to sprain his ankle on the first offensive play.   I know many here (including you) just don't see the Jays combo as optimal -- not a dis to JB but rather just not as complementary a duo as you'd like to see.  But the dynamics changed pretty dramatically with the Smart-KP trade, replacing (I hope) Smart with DW and adding 7'2" KP to the frontcourt.  Really can't wait to see how this plays out and I'd be a little bummed to be deprived of seeing both Jays in the lineup.

Yeah, I think the beginning of the year will be especially exciting with the new lineup...

my concerns about the duo really don't apply to regular season even...love both guys and they both get it done.  My concern is end at the end of tough playoff games.  When things get tight...teams go to their best players, and with neither great in those moments aside from iso ball and occasional heroics...that's where I get concerned.  I believe JB could get back to being playing a more simple brand of basketball without really reducing his scoring. (simpler shot attempts, less dribbling and more cutting, etc) But can he do it when the pressure is on he and Tatum at the end?  That's my question for playoff basketball...

People keep talking about JB improving his handle.  I'm like no don't do that...  just reduce the level of difficulty by a whole lot when the pressure is on and the game is close. 

Worried about depth at PG too...unless Davison is really ready...

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2023, 03:59:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223
That's a dollar for a quarter two dimes and a nickel.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2023, 05:16:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Love Tatum and Brown as individual players, but I've been concerned about having the combo for a few years now.

we give up the best player, get younger and deeper, strong in the post, needed depth at PG and hopefully improve the defense even more...

Murray, Brogdan, Davison
White, Bufkin, J. Rich?
Porzingis, Okongwu
R. Williams, Okongwu

I am not much of a fan of D Murray. I see him as comparable to our guards Smart (former guard), D White and Brogdon rather than a legitimate star. Just too inefficient with his scoring and shooting.

Also not much of a fan of D Hunter. I wonder if the deal looks more interesting with J Collins instead of D Hunter. I am not that interested in Bufkin as a prospect so I'll swap him out for AJ Griffin.

G - D Murray, Brogdan
G - White, AJ Griffin
F - Tatum, Hauser, J Walsh
F - J Collins, G Williams
C - Porzingis, R Williams, Okongwu

I would try to trade Okongwu and Bufkin elsewhere. I prefer to play Porzingis at center so I do not need two center-only players in Okongwu and Rob Williams. Or maybe keep Okongwu and trade Rob Williams.

I am curious about the idea of Porzingis and J Collins because both guys are inside-outside threats. So they switch up as post players & cutters / rollers & midpost threats with being floor spacers for the other one. And both can pop out and form a five out offense at times if desired.

D Murray would be an interesting creator next to two skilled big men who can space the floor. 4 shooters next to him to protect from (reduce, limit) his limitations as a shooter.

Still not sold. More interested but not sold. I am just not that high on D Murray or on J Collins who I also value more like a middle of the pack starter or slightly above average starter rather than a star. Downside of Collins is the lack of defensive onus. If he was a stronger defender and could be a strong defensive PF next to Porzingis, they would be a lot more interesting as a combo. I worry they are too offensive minded and not defensive minded enough.

I feel we are best off with Jaylen.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2023, 05:19:03 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker

Murray, Brogdan, Davison
White, Bufkin, J. Rich?
Porzingis, Okongwu
R. Williams, Okongwu

I am not much of a fan of D Murray. I see him as comparable to our guards Smart (former guard), D White and Brogdon rather than a legitimate star. Just too inefficient with his scoring and shooting.

Also not much of a fan of D Hunter. I wonder if the deal looks more interesting with J Collins instead of D Hunter. I am not that interested in Bufkin as a prospect so I'll swap him out for AJ Griffin.

G - D Murray, Brogdan
G - White, AJ Griffin
F - Tatum, Hauser, J Walsh
F - J Collins, G Williams
C - Porzingis, R Williams, Okongwu

I would try to trade Okongwu and Bufkin elsewhere. I prefer to play Porzingis at center so I do not need two center-only players in Okongwu and Rob Williams. Or maybe keep Okongwu and trade Rob Williams.

I am curious about the idea of Porzingis and J Collins because both guys are inside-outside threats. So they switch up as post players & cutters / rollers & midpost threats with being floor spacers for the other one. And both can pop out and form a five out offense at times if desired.

D Murray would be an interesting creator next to two skilled big men who can space the floor. 4 shooters next to him to protect from (reduce, limit) his limitations as a shooter.

Still not sold. More interested but not sold. I am just not that high on D Murray or on J Collins who I also value more like a middle of the pack starter or slightly above average starter rather than a star. Downside of Collins is the lack of defensive onus. If he was a stronger defender and could be a strong defensive PF next to Porzingis, they would be a lot more interesting as a combo. I worry they are too offensive minded and not defensive minded enough.

I feel we are best off with Jaylen.

TP!  Let's see how the roster rounds out...