Author Topic: Beal traded for bag of balls  (Read 12938 times)

Re: Beal traded for bag of balls
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2023, 08:00:52 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 981
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Read that CP3 is headed for the Clippers.

« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2023, 08:19:46 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Read that CP3 is headed for the Clippers.
probably get Bones Hyland, Morris & another vet
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2023, 09:21:30 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Paul: Clippers, Rockets, Wizards

Wall: Wizards, Rockets, Clippers

Westbrook: Rockets, Wizards, Clippers
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2023, 12:00:42 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561
I just feel like Boston dropped the ball by not offering Brogdon, Gallinari, Muscala, Pritchard, a 1st, and a couple of swaps. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2023, 12:03:50 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
I just feel like Boston dropped the ball by not offering Brogdon, Gallinari, Muscala, Pritchard, a 1st, and a couple of swaps.

Wizards wanted to get off money. Brogdon's contract runs another year.

And if you are talking comparable value, that is a huge overpay compared to what they did get.

« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2023, 12:36:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3209

Wizards wanted to get off money. Brogdon's contract runs another year.

And if you are talking comparable value, that is a huge overpay compared to what they did get.

Beal had the final say on where he was traded.

« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2023, 12:37:05 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
Beal picked the Suns over the Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks and Sacramento Kings, sources tell Shams Charania of The Athletic.

I wonder what Milwaukee was offering. That would have been a great fit for Beal. A better 2nd option perimeter creator to work off of Giannis than Jrue or Middleton are capable of being.

I don't think Beal would've made much of a difference in Sacramento. They are already one of the best offensive teams and one of the worst defensive teams in the league. I don't see that changing with Beal there.

I thought MIA and MIL were the best destinations for Beal.

« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2023, 02:14:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2731
Beal picked the Suns over the Miami Heat, Milwaukee Bucks and Sacramento Kings, sources tell Shams Charania of The Athletic.

I wonder what Milwaukee was offering. That would have been a great fit for Beal. A better 2nd option perimeter creator to work off of Giannis than Jrue or Middleton are capable of being.

I don't think Beal would've made much of a difference in Sacramento. They are already one of the best offensive teams and one of the worst defensive teams in the league. I don't see that changing with Beal there.

I thought MIA and MIL were the best destinations for Beal.

Interesting. I wonder if the Bucks were offering up Middleton's salary and picks. If so, they have lost faith in Middleton ever returning to peak form.

« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2023, 03:12:00 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
+1
C's just don't want to pay the money for the team next season.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 03:18:14 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2023, 04:27:54 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1019
+1
C's just don't want to pay the money for the team next season.

This on Wyc if they a second round or ECF exit next season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2023, 04:37:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

For Beal?

« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2023, 04:52:10 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Celtics fans who believe that Phoenix hasn't improved enough to be either favorite or co-favorite to win the Western Conference are delusional. The winner of the WC will be favored to win the whole thing. Their 4th best player averages a double double (Ayton). We might be able to get him a year from now but have little chance of getting him now.

Those Celtics fans celebrating Miami's loss in the finals and failure to get Beal should think about where we would stand if they get Lillard. He might go to the Nets but he might not. He certainly is not coming here.

Our coach is presently unqualified to be an NBA head coach even with the addition of three first rate assistants. How anyone can run an offense based on taking 3pt shots under heavy defensive pressure other than as a last resort when the 24 second clock is running out is beyond me? The duplication of having your two best players as wings with similar skills only exacerbates this situation.

My preference is to make a bold move and try to create a starting lineup that might be the best in the NBA: Rob, JT, White, Brogs, and KAT. This would be risky and bold and possibly undoable but might get our feet out of the cement that we presently are in.

P.S. Adam H is now reporting that the Celtics intend not to trade Brown and will give him the supermax. Business as usual and probably another frustrating season.

« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2023, 05:24:41 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

For Beal?

For Beal!? Phoenix, didn’t give close to that

« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2023, 05:27:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3037
  • On To Banner 18!
Is it true that acquiring Beal would have meant we had to give up 1 of Brown/Tatum/Beal after 2023-2024 because we can't keep 3 supermax guys by rule? If that's the case, and they are keeping Jaylen, maybe CBS decided not to do it. I'll be honest, even with his flaws I'd still take Jaylen on the upcoming supermax over Beal right now going forward. Beal still has 4/210M left and is 3 years older than Jaylen.

If what I said is incorrect though and there's no rule like that, then yeah I'd be a bit peeved. Jaylen/Beal/Tatum to go along with White, Smart, Timelord, Horford, Hauser would have been awesome.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2023, 05:42:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Celtics fans who believe that Phoenix hasn't improved enough to be either favorite or co-favorite to win the Western Conference are delusional. The winner of the WC will be favored to win the whole thing. Their 4th best player averages a double double (Ayton). We might be able to get him a year from now but have little chance of getting him now.

Those Celtics fans celebrating Miami's loss in the finals and failure to get Beal should think about where we would stand if they get Lillard. He might go to the Nets but he might not. He certainly is not coming here.

Our coach is presently unqualified to be an NBA head coach even with the addition of three first rate assistants. How anyone can run an offense based on taking 3pt shots under heavy defensive pressure other than as a last resort when the 24 second clock is running out is beyond me? The duplication of having your two best players as wings with similar skills only exacerbates this situation.

My preference is to make a bold move and try to create a starting lineup that might be the best in the NBA: Rob, JT, White, Brogs, and KAT. This would be risky and bold and possibly undoable but might get our feet out of the cement that we presently are in.

P.S. Adam H is now reporting that the Celtics intend not to trade Brown and will give him the supermax. Business as usual and probably another frustrating season.
Because these kinds of teams are always successful. Just ask the Lakers (two times, being Malone + Payton and Nash + Dwight), or Brooklyn (two times, being KG & Pierce and their recent Big 3), or OKC with PG13 & Melo.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)