Author Topic: 76ers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) Round 2 Game 7 5/14/23  (Read 36391 times)

Re: 76ers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) Round 2 Game 7 5/14/23
« Reply #870 on: May 14, 2023, 08:34:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3142
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I don’t mind players showing emotion at the right time in place. Including Tatum. But you need to keep your head in the game for the whole game.  If you are thinking, even for a moment about how many points you have or how many threes you have hit that is a few moments you aren’t thinking about the game.
How do you know? What makes you know more about keeping your head in the game than one of the 5 best basketball players in the entire world?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #871 on: May 14, 2023, 09:06:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don’t mind players showing emotion at the right time in place. Including Tatum. But you need to keep your head in the game for the whole game.  If you are thinking, even for a moment about how many points you have or how many threes you have hit that is a few moments you aren’t thinking about the game.

How many points did you average when you played Vermont Green?  Were you ever a lead scorer.  Did you play after High Scho. Because I was on several teams and I thought I was letting my team down if I did not produce.   Though I never checked my points until after a game.   If you  care it hurts and eats at you.

I was really glad to see him played for 4 quarters.   That is a must going forward.

« Reply #872 on: May 14, 2023, 09:08:42 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC

It is the same thing with this team Effort and not turning it over. When they do this they are unbeatable.

Also, LOVED how they went to the basket early and often and stayed with it.

« Reply #873 on: May 14, 2023, 09:10:10 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Only on this site could you get a player with an all-time great night to win a game 7 in the playoffs, and people would still complain about it. Tatum scored 51 point while also rebounding like a big AND playing elite defense.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #874 on: May 14, 2023, 09:25:34 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Tatum was awesome today. I was more impressed with his defense. He caused several turnovers with his smart doubles on Embiid.

He was magnificent today.

« Reply #875 on: May 14, 2023, 09:31:51 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
Just got home, haven't actually seen the game yet but will be a fun watch. Great Mother's Day present to all the Boston moms out there, and to Jayson's mom most of all! He was criticized during this playoff series for inconsistent performances and rightfully so but he came good at the right time and that's all you can ask for. But it's not over yet, a tough series against Miami to come. But they showed up when we needed them to. Late TPs for all!
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #876 on: May 14, 2023, 09:32:10 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1274
Did anyone catch the locker room video post game 7? Who was that kid with JT? It certainly wasn’t Deuce.

« Reply #877 on: May 14, 2023, 09:34:07 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 891

How many points did you average when you played Vermont Green?  Were you ever a lead scorer.  Did you play after High Scho. Because I was on several teams and I thought I was letting my team down if I did not produce.   Though I never checked my points until after a game.   If you  care it hurts and eats at you.

I was really glad to see him played for 4 quarters.   That is a must going forward.

It wasn’t very hard to count the points I scored when I played in high school. But you are missing the point. This teams Achilles’ heel all season long was letdowns. Not having a killer instinct. Or maintaining the killer instinct. You have to stay focused and keep your head in the game.  A game can be won or a lost in a short stretch of the game where there are a couple of turnovers or otherwise even a small letdown.

To be clear, I did not find anything Tatum did in this game to be egregious or showboating or anything like that. But I have seen this team blow leads, and otherwise lose their focus.  Our stars are very young still. But I feel that their best chance to win a title is to stay as focused as possible for the entire game.  Anything outside of that lane diminishes their chances, even if it is only slightly.

« Reply #878 on: May 14, 2023, 09:34:12 PM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
how quickly narratives can change in the NBA.

5 quarters ago it was going to be about how the sixers finally got over the hump that is the celtics, and questions surrounding Tatum's drive/status after a poor series.

then the 16 point 4th quarter and a 51 point masterclass in game 7 and its "has tatum turned the corner" and now questions mount for the sixers after another disappointing finish and apparently Harden wanting to go back to Houston.

Was thinking the same thing...Tatum went from Bum to Legend in 60 minutes of BB

It's the old adage "you're only as good as your last game"  :police:

Tatum went from zero to hero, and good for him. I'm happy for him. Sometimes he makes it look easy and we think he should do it all the time. But it's not easy what they do.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #879 on: May 14, 2023, 09:36:09 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
enough of the sniping, guys. our best player, who has been less than stellar for most of the playoffs, showed up huge tonight. most of us were off the tatum train the past few games (this forum has the receipts), until he reappeared in the 4Q and tonight. tatum deserved the criticism. heck, even mark jackson said in the 3Q tonight, “apology accepted.”

add to this great news, the team seems to have rediscovered its defensive tenacity, which bodes well for the ECF (and hopefully the finals)!

as for me, i’m celebrating in the hot tub, watching the second half, again, and lighting one up for Red! cheers!

« Reply #880 on: May 14, 2023, 09:38:06 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1525
enough of the sniping, guys. our best player, who has been less than stellar for most of the playoffs, showed up huge tonight. most of us were off the tatum train the past few games (this forum has the receipts), until he reappeared in the 4Q and tonight. tatum deserved the criticism. heck, even mark jackson said in the 3Q tonight, “apology accepted.”

add to this great news, the team seems to have rediscovered its defensive tenacity, which bodes well for the ECF (and hopefully the finals)!

as for me, i’m celebrating in the hot tub, watching the second half, again, and lighting one up for Red! cheers!

yeah I don't know what people are getting on  each others nerves, WE WON, here we come ECFs
we are allowed to enjoy it for one day!
:) 

« Reply #881 on: May 14, 2023, 09:42:18 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
agreed. THE CELTICS WON GAME SEVEN!!!!

enjoy the victory and savor sixer tears.  ;D

great great third quarter.

now....on to the next series win!!!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #882 on: May 14, 2023, 09:43:09 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82
I have given Tatum a ton of flack however he shut me up. He pretty much played a perfect game in game 7. On top of all those stats he played great defense and the a huge stat, 0 turnovers. He made the right play every time he was double teamed. Couldn’t ask for anymore out of a player and this was an all time performance by a Celtic in their long line of history.
Just be a little more consistent Tatum over the next two rounds please?! Lol, great game great win and it shut up those obnoxious Philly fans.

« Reply #883 on: May 14, 2023, 09:46:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

It wasn’t very hard to count the points I scored when I played in high school. But you are missing the point. This teams Achilles’ heel all season long was letdowns. Not having a killer instinct. Or maintaining the killer instinct. You have to stay focused and keep your head in the game.  A game can be won or a lost in a short stretch of the game where there are a couple of turnovers or otherwise even a small letdown.

To be clear, I did not find anything Tatum did in this game to be egregious or showboating or anything like that. But I have seen this team blow leads, and otherwise lose their focus.  Our stars are very young still. But I feel that their best chance to win a title is to stay as focused as possible for the entire game.  Anything outside of that lane diminishes their chances, even if it is only slightly.

I guess if there's a time to lose focus, it's when you just scored your playoff record 51st point to put your team up 26 with 7:21 left in the game.

At the same time, the team *didn't* lose focus, as they grew the lead to 30 before Tatum left the game.

I'm really not sure what the difference is between flashing a "50" sign, versus the "3" sign after every three pointer, etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #884 on: May 14, 2023, 09:52:13 PM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
i know you fellow X’s & O’s guys noticed tonight but joe and the players made another big adjustment, this one on offense. after two consecutive series of teams beating us down with the high PnR to get the switch they wanted against Al, the C’s returned the favor tonight.

Tatum and Rob were very disciplined against embiid in the high PnR switch, and JT was absolutely abusing him. JT mixed in some aggressive drives to the rim, along with some threes when the exhausted embiid sagged on the switch. loved seeing the C’s being disciplined on offense, exploiting a sixers defensive weakness.

praise where praise is due.