Author Topic: Hawks (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game 2 4/18/23  (Read 13357 times)

Re: Hawks (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game 2 4/18/23
« Reply #345 on: April 18, 2023, 09:25:34 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Maybe our next loss will be to start next season!
178-0 next season.  don't be a pessimist.  ;)

« Reply #346 on: April 18, 2023, 09:25:46 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
zero reason for anyone on this team to be tired going through the playoffs. we have depth. use it. no excuse this year with AL and timelord. use the third big guy or even blake at times. keep al and TL fresh.

we still have grant and pritch also.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #347 on: April 18, 2023, 09:27:23 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Jeez, G Will is really in the dog house, huh? I get it might not be the best matchup, but a player getting DNPs in the playoffs ain't worth much.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #348 on: April 18, 2023, 09:29:43 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
zero reason for anyone on this team to be tired going through the playoffs. we have depth. use it. no excuse this year with AL and timelord. use the third big guy or even blake at times. keep al and TL fresh.

I'm not real sure why Brad made the effort to add another post player (Muscala) when Joe won't play him.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #349 on: April 18, 2023, 09:29:48 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Jeez, G Will is really in the dog house, huh? I get it might not be the best matchup, but a player getting DNPs in the playoffs ain't worth much.
we'll likely see him in the next rounds due to needing his bulk to guard the teams with real bigs.  he wouldn't do much against Atlanta's bigs --> Al and Timelord are having issues with them as it is

« Reply #350 on: April 18, 2023, 09:35:20 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Y'all are hilarious. Celtics dominated this game from start to end and you're complaining about minutes two days after complaining about a 30 point lead being cut to 12. They have 2 days off and will get more rest over time by finishing their series early rather than playing with their food.

They've held the 7th best offense in the NBA to 99 and 107 points.

I'd much rather the C's get used to playing 48 full minutes on defense than risk extending the series so we can get injury insurance Muscala some minutes to feel good about the "deep rotations."

And, if everyone is so concerned about minutes, why are we also concerned about Grant resting in a poor matchup before he's set to battle with Embiid and (potentially) Giannis the next two series?

« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2023, 09:36:21 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 622
Solid performance. I was encouraged by the fact that they didn’t let going 1-7 from 3 to start define how they played or affect their defense. Atlanta challenged them a little bit but they maintained composure and took care of business. Now we gotta win at least 1 in Atlanta and we should be good  :police:

TPs for all!!!

Moat encouraging thing I've seen in a while. They didn't die by the 3.

Give credit to Joe!

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2023, 09:45:17 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
That 4th quarter stretch when they put the game away was so satisfying. Great focus and execution on play after play after play. Some really beautiful basketball. And pulling away even as Atlanta went on a heck of a heater.

« Reply #353 on: April 18, 2023, 09:46:54 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I'm not real sure why Brad made the effort to add another post player (Muscala) when Joe won't play him.

Muscala was bench depth to eat minutes in the regular season, and as an emergency player. Joe doesn’t play him because he’s not very good.

« Reply #354 on: April 18, 2023, 10:08:13 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501
Looks like Luke Kornet is the 9th man now..
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #355 on: April 18, 2023, 10:17:39 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Solid performance. I was encouraged by the fact that they didn’t let going 1-7 from 3 to start define how they played or affect their defense. Atlanta challenged them a little bit but they maintained composure and took care of business. Now we gotta win at least 1 in Atlanta and we should be good  :police:

TPs for all!!!

Moat encouraging thing I've seen in a while. They didn't die by the 3.

Give credit to Joe!

Celts took only 33 three's in this game !!
So much better when they play like that, though too much 1on1 from Brown, the ball stops with him too much.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #356 on: April 18, 2023, 10:26:17 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 770

You know what really helps them rest? A sweep with the following week off.

« Reply #357 on: April 18, 2023, 10:45:19 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
Y'all are hilarious. Celtics dominated this game from start to end and you're complaining about minutes two days after complaining about a 30 point lead being cut to 12. They have 2 days off and will get more rest over time by finishing their series early rather than playing with their food.

They've held the 7th best offense in the NBA to 99 and 107 points.

I'd much rather the C's get used to playing 48 full minutes on defense than risk extending the series so we can get injury insurance Muscala some minutes to feel good about the "deep rotations."

And, if everyone is so concerned about minutes, why are we also concerned about Grant resting in a poor matchup before he's set to battle with Embiid and (potentially) Giannis the next two series?

For the love of God I hope we don't see Grant on Embiid a lot. I still have nightmares about how many points he gave up to Embiid in that last matchup and how outmatched he looked.

Think we just didn't want to show our hand with Al guarding him, and he'll be the main big guarding Embiid. It'll also be interesting to see if we still go with the small lineup against Philly. It's risky, but it does have some advantages given it'd draw Embiid out of the paint and make him actually move defensively, which pays benefits later in the game with hsi inevitable fatigue.

« Reply #358 on: April 18, 2023, 10:51:51 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1274

Brad said in an interview that when getting end of the bench depth guys, he made it clear that they won’t be playing much unless one of the top guys go down. On the other hand, I find it odd that Joe didn’t empty his bench in the end of games 1 and 2 when the result was pretty much settled. Not complaining though.

« Reply #359 on: April 18, 2023, 11:19:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
Everyone here at the Garden is celebrating!  ;D

Solid game to attend  :police:
You lucky dog

Lol thanks guys. It was definitely fun to attend, and the win makes it even better  :)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller