Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 64865 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #210 on: January 13, 2023, 11:19:53 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
Jayson Tatum said he’s dealing with issues on his thumb and ring finger in addition to the wrist he has wrapped since the first game of the season. “I have a lot of [stuff] going on.” He intends to keep playing through it all but suggested that went into his off shooting night.

Tatum says he has tape on his wrist, thumb and his ring/middle finger are taped together. Said he felt uncomfortable tonight, but "I love to play too much to sit out."

Having two fingers taped together is a big deal.  I have a finger injury since I was a kid.  When I played in High School, I had to tape my pinky and ring fingers together on my right hand.  I finally got the finger surgically repaired after college and could play without the tape.  It made a big difference.  I had played so long with the tape that I didn't even realize what the impact was.  When I started playing again after the surgery, I was surprised at how much difference it made.

« Reply #211 on: January 13, 2023, 11:53:54 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 645
Jayson Tatum said he’s dealing with issues on his thumb and ring finger in addition to the wrist he has wrapped since the first game of the season. “I have a lot of [stuff] going on.” He intends to keep playing through it all but suggested that went into his off shooting night.

Tatum says he has tape on his wrist, thumb and his ring/middle finger are taped together. Said he felt uncomfortable tonight, but "I love to play too much to sit out."

Having two fingers taped together is a big deal.  I have a finger injury since I was a kid.  When I played in High School, I had to tape my pinky and ring fingers together on my right hand.  I finally got the finger surgically repaired after college and could play without the tape.  It made a big difference.  I had played so long with the tape that I didn't even realize what the impact was.  When I started playing again after the surgery, I was surprised at how much difference it made.

My son jammed a finger this season and had to tape his middle and ring finger together. He actually shot better! Said the ball tended to come off straighter

« Reply #212 on: January 13, 2023, 12:06:07 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890

My son jammed a finger this season and had to tape his middle and ring finger together. He actually shot better! Said the ball tended to come off straighter

I do think that taping middle and ring together is less impact than pinky and ring.  Maybe I should try taping my middle and ring together.  My shooting is so bad, I would take any help I could get.   ;)

« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2023, 12:14:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Boston Celtics star Jayson Tatum has been invited to participate in the 3-Point Contest during All-Star Weekend in Salt Lake City, league sources tell B/R. When reached by text, Tatum confirmed the invite but said he hadn’t yet made a decision. – via Chris Haynes @ Bleacher Report

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2023, 01:01:23 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2988
Boston Celtics star Jayson Tatum has been invited to participate in the 3-Point Contest during All-Star Weekend in Salt Lake City, league sources tell B/R. When reached by text, Tatum confirmed the invite but said he hadn’t yet made a decision. – via Chris Haynes @ Bleacher Report

I was invited

But declined :D

« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2023, 01:09:05 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 645

I do think that taping middle and ring together is less impact than pinky and ring.  Maybe I should try taping my middle and ring together.  My shooting is so bad, I would take any help I could get.   ;)

Haha, he healed but is thinking of taping it back up

« Reply #216 on: January 13, 2023, 05:13:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jaylen Brown out again tomorrow (no surprise there since Joe Mazzulla said 1-2 weeks). Malcolm Brogdon is questionable due to personal reasons

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #217 on: January 13, 2023, 05:15:31 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995
Jaylen Brown out again tomorrow (no surprise there since Joe Mazzulla said 1-2 weeks). Malcolm Brogdon is questionable due to personal reasons

We beat Charlotte by 35 in November without Jaylen, Al, and Rob, so this is a good weekend to let some guys rest up/take care of personal things.

« Reply #218 on: January 13, 2023, 06:26:11 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2576

We beat Charlotte by 35 in November without Jaylen, Al, and Rob, so this is a good weekend to let some guys rest up/take care of personal things.

A shoutout to one of my favorite Celtics, Derrick White, the only rotation player who hasn’t missed a game. Able to fill gaps left by Marcus, JB, and Brogdon when they’re out. Starting almost every game, playing smart basketball, making plays on both ends. Always brings energy.  Love that he’s a Celtic.

« Reply #219 on: January 13, 2023, 07:39:10 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 995

A shoutout to one of my favorite Celtics, Derrick White, the only rotation player who hasn’t missed a game. Able to fill gaps left by Marcus, JB, and Brogdon when they’re out. Starting almost every game, playing smart basketball, making plays on both ends. Always brings energy.  Love that he’s a Celtic.

Please don’t jinx Derrick White’s health.

« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2023, 12:43:20 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • On To Banner 18!
Still a long season left and there's the play-in tournament too, but there's a good chance I think the C's first round opponent could be any of the Knicks, Pacers, Heat or Hawks

I'd kind of love a first round series against the Knicks. Boston-New York rivalry and all  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2023, 01:32:10 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
Still a long season left and there's the play-in tournament too, but there's a good chance I think the C's first round opponent could be any of the Knicks, Pacers, Heat or Hawks

I'd kind of love a first round series against the Knicks. Boston-New York rivalry and all  ;D

heat will be a tough one.

« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2023, 07:55:58 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • On To Banner 18!
Accurate representation of the Celtics so far this season

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2023, 08:31:28 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1268

Sad to say the jinx did happen.

« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2023, 08:34:28 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2576

Sad to say the jinx did happen.

Hah - yes, I mentioned it in the game thread and offered a mea culpa!  I blew it.  TP to you and Celtics2021.